Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-11-2005, 09:22 PM   #31
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Mummy
Tori, just remember girl,

....your only as young as the man you're feeling.
That means I've just aged 7 more years :(

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #32
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
30 things I must do before I hit 30
Cheers, Tori
1. Fix that dam squeeky sun visor
2. Post up the photos of yourself in that police uniform. :Reverend:
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 09:33 PM   #33
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurzy
That means I've just aged 7 more years :(
I know a bloke in his 70's who has a girfriend in her 50's, she says she like feeling old :evil_laug
Old 16-11-2005, 10:19 PM   #34
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
...and like you wouldn't know what your doing anyway!
Ha ha ha ha.

Young, Dumb and full of err......... vigour!

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #35
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I can help with the skydiving thing.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 11:23 PM   #36
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fly a kite attached to a small piece of iron in a thunderstorm
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 11:36 PM   #37
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Hey MS Tori, how about going a week with out walking into a shopping centre or a hair dresser?

you hair will always look good and means we can do more car club while your not in the shopping centre!!!!

*miss you fiery*
Old 17-11-2005, 01:18 PM   #38
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Give Jabba your BAII GT..... Giving is better then recieving.......
Let me think about that…. Ah… No! But if you are a good boy I will let you push the button again!
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 02:10 PM   #39
Penelope Pitstop

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Mummy
Tori, just remember girl,

....your only as young as the man you're feeling.
I know, problem is though I am not feeling anyone at the moment... Besides I always end up dating older men. Perhaps I should try out a younger model... You might be on to something there... I think that just made my list! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by conordec
so i'd say, travel, you'll get to do alot of things on a working holiday too so think about that?

Mick.
4. Travel the world or at least go overseas.

Travelling is a huge thing for me, I have never been overseas and I am determined to see the world. I have a holiday booked in March to travel to China, Macau and Hong Kong - a subtle balance between culture with a splash of shopping! I am also booked to go to Canada in October for 6 weeks. I am impressed and envious with how much of the world you have seen... As for a working holiday? doesn't really appeal to me because I would have to leave my FPV's at home and that is just not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
1. Fix that dam squeeky sun visor
2. Post up the photos of yourself in that police uniform. :Reverend:
1. Planning on it, hopefully this weekend.
2. You are obsessed and the answer is still NO! :
Old 17-11-2005, 03:07 PM   #40
big_waity
Windsor Man!

I vote you share the entire list! I also vote that you don't post pics of yourself sunbaking! As wonderful as I'm sure it would be, I think the testosterone levels around here are probably high enough.

Last edited by big_waity; 17-11-2005 at 03:08 PM. Reason: cant spell good
big_waity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #41
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Funny I can from it from the opposite angle. I pretended that I was 80 years old (now, not in the future) and wrote a list of the things I regretted NOT doing. I now use that list to remind myself to do all of those things that I still can, which are truly important to me.

As for cars for example, two of the items on my list was to own a high powered sports car and the other a new GT. Since I made the list a few years ago I've owned both so it appears to be working! Now for the supercharged car !!:dr_Evil:
3. Own a brand new sports car.
This one is on my list too - Does the GT or SP count?
Quote:
My suggestions for you:
For your soul: Identify the people you care about the most in this world and tell them (boring I know..lol)
Good point I do try to do this often but never hurts to reconfirm you never know what tomorrow brings.
Quote:
For your indulgence: Drive a manual V8 hard around a race track!! Or take a ride with SBR.
You know me too well! Added to List!
Quote:
To build character: Do one thing that completely takes you out of your comfort zone.
Food for thought... I will have to ponder that a little more - a lot of the stuff on the list will put me out of my comfort zone but to what extent? I do love to push myself to my boundaries.
Old 17-11-2005, 03:24 PM   #42
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Hey MS Tori, how about going a week with out walking into a shopping centre or a hair dresser?

you hair will always look good and means we can do more car club while your not in the shopping centre!!!!
Sacrilegious boy! You know I NEED new shoes constantly – besides I would need a 10 step program to give up my hair appointments and shopping. But you are soooo right about my hair.
Old 17-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #43
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

4. Travel the world or at least go overseas.

Travelling is a huge thing for me, I have never been overseas and I am determined to see the world. I have a holiday booked in March to travel to China, Macau and Hong Kong - a subtle balance between culture with a splash of shopping! I am also booked to go to Canada in October for 6 weeks. I am impressed and envious with how much of the world you have seen... As for a working holiday? doesn't really appeal to me because I would have to leave my FPV's at home and that is just not going to happen.

Pirtek girl, if you need info on HK or China / macau, let me know... I live in Hong Kong and can answer almost any of your q's.....
My mrs and I could also show you around too!

Mick.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #44
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Ahh fer Lords sake, turning 30 is not the end of of your life sheeesh. People should seriously realise that their twenties are *not* the ants pants in life, be well and truely assured of this. Fun, sure,- but much, much more to be had. I had great times in my twenties, but in no way would I want to go back. (Cept maybe to 'correct' a few things)....

It's funny, but in many a Continental EU 'pub' those dancing are well above the 30 mark by in large with 40 - 50 not uncommon. Some folk just age cute and well.....

On the physical front, I remind women folk that you at your sexual peak around 30 - 40. And that continues, be much assured.... (So male to mention this).

Things get better and you do adjust, how you treat yourself in your twenties and teenage years has bearing on your future physical life, stay away from borish drugs and their abuse, keeping yourself well as possible and taking care of yourself daily shall see you in good stead in later life.

Your as old and dead ONLY as much as you allow yourself or less mature experienced others dictate - in this country.

Do those things in your list, but keep some of them for much later, be assured you have no need to rush that list.

My 92 year grandpa went touring through Germany a few years back, folk kept asking him on his train 'vay not drive our roads?' (Yes, at 92), his answer; 'we have bloody roads in Australia', I want to see this place in comfort.

My point being, - you can keep going as long as you wish, and if you give-up on life too soon, you will only put yourself at rest sooner. Live life till you die and then go to rest I say.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 02:23 AM   #45
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

One thing I recommend anyone do is skydiving. I jumped out of a plane at 15000 ft. The rush the air flying over your face at a million miles an hour and screaming your head off and not being able to hear it. Then the parachute opens and you get to soak in the view. I have to do it again when I have the time.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 08:46 AM   #46
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
This one is on my list too - Does the GT or SP count? Good point I do try to do this often but never hurts to reconfirm you never know what tomorrow brings. You know me too well! Added to List! Food for thought... I will have to ponder that a little more - a lot of the stuff on the list will put me out of my comfort zone but to what extent? I do love to push myself to my boundaries.

Sounds like one you will get to try out, when you try and keep up with me at MP :

Yes a GT and a SP do count, stop rubbing it in!

Interesting bit of info for you, I am having a lot more fun in my thirties than I did in my twenties. Fun often costs money and now I have more of that so it is all good.

By the way, don't forget the famous words of a very important car club member.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
Old 18-11-2005, 02:01 PM   #47
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
This one is on my list too - Does the GT or SP count?
No they don't sorry- they are muscle cars which are also great, but will not give you the same experience as say a Porche, Supra RZ, Ferrari etc, even a RX8 or 350Z. If you have a 'sports car' on your list Tori, you need to try one of those!

Quote:
Good point I do try to do this often but never hurts to reconfirm you never know what tomorrow brings.
My point exactly:voldar02:

Quote:
Food for thought... I will have to ponder that a little more - a lot of the stuff on the list will put me out of my comfort zone but to what extent? I do love to push myself to my boundaries.
Sometimes it's the little things that can do it. Look what you fear most and there you will find your greatest challenges in life.
Old 18-11-2005, 02:02 PM   #48
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
By the way, don't forget the famous words of a very important car club member.

I just love that gecko: Top stuff!
Old 18-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #49
GTFORDMAN

Quote:
I know, problem is though I am not feeling anyone at the moment... Besides I always end up dating older men. Perhaps I should try out a younger model... You might be on to something there... I think that just made my list!
Hmm how bout a 25yo 6ft8(ish) Pisces :
GTFORDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 05:22 PM   #50
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
Great philosophy Geko, i agree and live by two more:
1. There is no point being the richest man in the Cemetary.
2. He who dies with the most toys wins !!!
Old 18-11-2005, 05:53 PM   #51
donkeylover

it depends on how young u want em im 22 call me on 03desperado ;-)
donkeylover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 05:59 PM   #52
WASP
Whipple Induced

Bloody hell, we need a fire hose in here...lol
Old 18-11-2005, 11:07 PM   #53
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

What have you started???

sounds like you have more than 30 things to do now!!!!

See you at the AGM!!!!!
Old 21-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #54
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

I should make one of these lists...

But my old man keeps telling me I don't have much chance of making it through the next ten years.

**Shrugs**

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2005, 10:12 PM   #55
347Stroker
Banned

How bout getting done for drinking in a public place like a few of the boys on friday night Tori....lol
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #56
adxr8
Rebuilding the ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker
How bout getting done for drinking in a public place like a few of the boys on friday night Tori....lol

Ha ha ha! As Tibbo said bloody expensive beers at $37.50 each.
:

347 Dart block:All the Scat goodies, Edelbrock Victor Jnr's, Trickflow manifold and Vortech on the stand/ work in progress
adxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #57
Penelope Pitstop

Hmmm as fun as that looked guys, I think I might pass on that one!

Certainly made the night very interesting though... I still smirk when I remember how abruptly that cop pulled over and jumped out of the car like he had just solved the crime of the century - what a fool _
Old 24-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #58
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Tori...

I know your gonna hate me for reviving this thread... but couldn't resist (yep, another raging Friday night at home and totally majorly bored : )

About time you updated people on how your list is going girl... isn't it?
:

:
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 07:50 AM   #59
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Has she married Gecko yet......

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 10:05 AM   #60
punkin
having time of her life!

Turning 30 is irrelevant, so I'd worked in F1, travelled the world etc. The best things in the world happened to me AFTER I'd turned 30.

So how is the list going?

1963 Chev Impala | Black | 2 door : <- Angel
Mazda 2 | Turbo (custom) | Spicy Orange <- punkin
punkin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post