Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-12-2006, 04:58 PM   #31
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Things like this are really difficult, especially with your dad being unwell, and also at Christmas time.

I hope that 2007 is a real year of blessing for you and your family.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 05:23 PM   #32
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Mate that is just unbelievable! The depths that some people, no wait - make that @rseholes - can sink to truly defies belief. Frankly, the universe would be better off without their existence, and especially so when they feel the need to do wrong against such genuinely great people such as yourself and your family. Karma has a lot to answer for.

Mate anything we can do to help out at all, just say the word. That includes reforming the original Lynch Mob as well should the offender ever be discovered.
Old 26-12-2006, 06:34 PM   #33
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

At least we've had some good news out of things - the jewellery etc has turned up. Looks like it is time to upgrade security yet again. Trouble is it ends up making mother feel like she is the one being imprisoned in her own home.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #34
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Pretty subliminal act of b*stardry. Good to hear the sentimental items were returned. Upgrading security to such levels yet again is just beyond words to describe the low life thugs which have turned things that way.
Old 26-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #35
LUXO_8
windsor user

i opened this thread and realised that it was an old thread..........when i got to the "thread reviving" post today, the last thing i expected was the content of it...

that really really does suck the big one.... we all wish you and your mother the best mate.....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #36
FordFalconBF
2008 BF Futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
At least we've had some good news out of things - the jewellery etc has turned up. Looks like it is time to upgrade security yet again. Trouble is it ends up making mother feel like she is the one being imprisoned in her own home.
Hey,
Sorry to hear about your Parent's place. Where did the jewellery turn up? Did they find it at a Pawnbrokers? If so don't they have to take the details down of the person selling the stuff?

Cya,
Alan
FordFalconBF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #37
irsa76
Snoopping

Legally they are. But they never check the details. I know a few people who have found their stolen goods at the local Cash Convertors. One even had a cop admit to them that they check them out as well, discretely.
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #38
whippet_zetec
Supes

Geez mate what a crappy turn of events and such a depressing thing to be happening, Bec and I feel for you and your family and hope things pick up for you all.
Old 26-12-2006, 11:11 PM   #39
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

Thats freakin ridiculous. Sorry to hear the sad news Mark.

Most likely the thieving scum waited for you to get new stuff from insurance and came back to get it all again. A bit of a depressing way to celebrate the christmas break.

But lets hope justice is done and you get the last laugh.

cheers martO
Old 26-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #40
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

I will not go into the exact details of what has happened. I am relieved that the items are with their rightful owners once again.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #41
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

That sucks, so sorry to hear it! Anything we can do, let us know.

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #42
XRchic
Hello

Thats disgusting. How can people treat other human beings this way? I guess it could be anything that drives them. Society is just so ****** up these days. And how cowardly, to trash and steal from the house of an old lady twice, and at this time of the year. Maybe if they come back for a 3rd time you can be waiting for them...

Mate I hope that your Mum is ok and that your family get through it. I also hope that they catch those criminals and that you get to go face to face with them. Absolutely sickening.

Take care!

Jac and Eamon

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #43
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Thats outrageous,having been through similar I feel for you and your mother.
It certainly makes life difficult,and will probably take a while to get back to normal,hope luck turns around for the better for you and your family.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #44
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Mark I have just come across this thread and thought it was a "Thread Mine" if only it was after reading your updated post's...
So sorry to hear mate !!
I'm sure it's not easy but keep your chin up for your family's sake.
All the best.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post