Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #31
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Get ****ed and hit the track? Are you stupid? Oh wait, answered that yourself. If you don't have the state of mind to stop yourself driving, leave your keys at home or don't drink.

If anyone is doubtful of how much drinking stuffs up your reaction time, find a first person shooter of some sort (me and my mate did it with a Half Life mod). Play a few rounds sober, then hit the turps.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:07 PM   #32
Philbie
Drvtme

This makes me angry.........people like you - kill people like me.

What on earth is going on!........i’m Back in the ford camp.....#2019
Philbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #33
XLS99 Ute man
Who Loves Mountain Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbie
This makes me angry.........people like you - kill people like me.
PEOPLE LIKE YOU - KILL PEOPLE LIKE ME

That statement sums it up pretty much. Couldent have said it any better!

XLS Falcon Ute
Full Sick 2.5 Inch -> To Double 3 Inch Tips Exhaust Sports System
18 Inch Bling Bling Rims
Altezza Tail Bling Bling Lights
Kenwood Head Deck + Amps + Bling Bling Sub
Bright Orange BLING BLING Fordforums.com Sticker

OOoooohh Yeah! Bling Bling
XLS99 Ute man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:10 PM   #34
xespac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
If anyone is doubtful of how much drinking stuffs up your reaction time, find a first person shooter of some sort (me and my mate did it with a Half Life mod). Play a few rounds sober, then hit the turps.
lol, I actually play better at pc-games when drunk :P
xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:11 PM   #35
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

You quite some time ago I recall a "drunk Car" it was a training car used by that guy thats always on today tonight as a driving instructor. Without actually being drunk the car would drive "normally" then the instructor would hit a switch and it went into "drunk mode" where the car would respond as if you where drunk. That is the closest I can think of to a "controlled enviorment" if you truly want to know what its about.
Old 19-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #36
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Strange, you blokes dump on this guy but I wonder if you would if he had just posted that he drove up and down a street in a residential area laying rubber or doing Burnouts? or maybe speeding in a 60klm zone? These things usually go unnoticed?

I am not defending this bloke. Silly to drive drunk, sillier to get caught after letting a mate drive and totally strung-out posting this thred. Silly bugger :(
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #37
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
Strange, you blokes dump on this guy but I wonder if you would if he had just posted that he drove up and down a street in a residential area laying rubber or doing Burnouts? or maybe speeding in a 60klm zone? These things usually go unnoticed?

Sorry

Have to strongly disagre with that, and most of the e series guys would agree the admins and mods cracked down on those issues along time ago, hence why you dont see it here.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #38
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf

I am not defending this bloke. Silly to drive drunk, sillier to get caught after letting a mate drive and totally strung-out posting this thred. Silly bugger :(
Yeah I agree - some of the flaming is a bit intense at the forums at times. Is everyone here saying you're innocent? never broken the speed limit or anything?

He said he made a mistake, he said it was stupid, and he said flaming wasn't necessary from this thread. I admit it was dumb for him to create this thread in the first place, but what help is post after post of criticism?

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:28 PM   #39
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Sorry Laminge, I didnt mean here but I was being generic. Usually this sort of behaviour is looked upon as ok. Sorry if you got the idea I was Bagging the forum? I didnt mean it that way
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:39 PM   #40
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Sorry mate

Misread you post, me bad!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #41
Dodge
i like to be stroked

lesson to everyone here not to drive drunk...
Old 19-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #42
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

I think others have said enough.

Personally i gave up drinking altogether.

I recently saw a good mate go through a drink driving experience, he was over, .051.......

The hell you go through and the rest of the rubbish, let alone the criminal record, is hell. I only wish it upon drink drivers

That, you have earnt.

Now think, the long term consequences of a criminal record............

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #43
XAGSV8
Member 178

This is what I don't understand, when I am drunk it does not change the way I think
(I only process thoughts slower). I am still in a good enough frame of mind to know what is right and what is wrong. The age old argument of I was drunk when I did it does not cut it with me. There is now a couple of people I am considering to go on my ignore list here.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:50 PM   #44
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

I dont understand why the BAC limit for all drivers hasn't been lowered to 0 yet. It really isn't that difficult, you have a beer, you dont drive. Methinks it's the classic Aussie mentality of 'Geez, gotta have at least 1 if you're goin out' that it's still there. If it became 0, it would probably lower the road toll a hell of a lot quicker than speeding fines would.
Old 19-09-2005, 09:52 PM   #45
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Man
I dont understand why the BAC limit for all drivers hasn't been lowered to 0 yet. It really isn't that difficult, you have a beer, you dont drive. Methinks it's the classic Aussie mentality of 'Geez, gotta have at least 1 if you're goin out' that it's still there. If it became 0, it would probably lower the road toll a hell of a lot quicker than speeding fines would.
It 0 for P platers in NSW.

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:55 PM   #46
XLS99 Ute man
Who Loves Mountain Women

if they make it 0 for p platers, isent it showing that it makes a difference, meaning all people should be 0.00??

XLS Falcon Ute
Full Sick 2.5 Inch -> To Double 3 Inch Tips Exhaust Sports System
18 Inch Bling Bling Rims
Altezza Tail Bling Bling Lights
Kenwood Head Deck + Amps + Bling Bling Sub
Bright Orange BLING BLING Fordforums.com Sticker

OOoooohh Yeah! Bling Bling
XLS99 Ute man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:03 PM   #47
Walkinshaw
Two > One

I hope your mate never gets his licence back, i really do

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:11 PM   #48
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The flaw with the legal limit is that the same level doesnt have the same effect on everyone. What I mean is that 0.05 for one person would mean they are completely smashed but for someone else it wouldnt noticeably affect them all.

I dont know if its possible but can you still be done for drink driving even though your not over the legal limit but obviously under the influence?
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:11 PM   #49
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Everyone should be 0.

The problem is most people do go out when they are driving only to have a few but get carried away and don't know what their limit is...

I think if it was 0 this would save a few lives, not thousands as some people will continue to break the law regardless of what rules are set.

I think there are a few things the governments could do to save lives, they include:

1. L plater safety driving days should be made compulsory, under the standard licence test drivers are put in situations which best represent what they may come up against as soon as they start driving, wet weather in particular.

2. Make cars that are older then 10 years require inspections on a 12 month basis, regardless of their condition as there are to many unroadworthy cars out there. They should bulid RTA stations around the states which randomly select vehicles on a regular basis for inspection (like they do with the trucks).

3. Increase the speed limits on Motorways from 100 to 110 if not already done so.

4. In wet weather, or dangerious weather set a rule where the speed limits are dropped 10 kms an hour, most people would laugh at this but you would be suprised at the amount of lives it would save.

5. Book people for not using headlights in dangerious weather, dumb idiots.

6. Ban P Platers from travelling with more then 2 other occupants in a car, 5 kids together in a car is too many. Also ban P platers from traveling between 12 and 5 in the morning (unless have work related need).

7. Set Rules so that each state has the same setup and consequences, so reform Australias road and licencing rules so they all comply with one another.

8. Anyone who is done for drink driving should automatically lose their licence for 2 years, no daytime or work licences should be permitted regardless of the case....

9. If someone repeats a drink driving offence take their licence off them for five years or put them inside for 12 months, they didnt learn their lesson the first time so they obviously wont until you make them hurt.

Not everyone will agree with this, just how i feel.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #50
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

How could you post this and NOT expect to get flamed????

A very good friend and work colleague of mine was killed due to a drunk driver. He was 22 years old. It happened 3 streets from my house at a silly little intersection that I have to drive through every single day.

Of course I am going to flame you - a boy - just like you - making a stupid decision on a quiet back street, late at night, killed someone I loved. It devastated my friends and family in a way that we will never recover from... It is vulgar, unforgivable behaviour and you have the gall to post about it...

You are responsible and accountable for every action you commit – age, maturity, feeling ten foot tall and bullet proof due to alcohol – none of that is in anyway an excuse for your behaviour.

We are the only ones responsible for what we do – do everything with thought – remember that every action has a reaction – every step you take will have a consequence.
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:14 PM   #51
gtfpv
GT

mate lots of people drink drive and it really does a great injustice to society . but baggin the out of this guy is a bit rough . like anyone who has ever driven after a few i hope you are not joining in on this one .you made a mistake and got 50% away with it . don't do it again and you had the courage to be a man and admit it .enjoy the forums and everyone including the people bagging you here have made thiers . thier bagging is justified but remember your not the only one who has done it. i hope you never do it agian mate. because there is no excuse for anyone . but it was good of you to ask for advice . thats what we are all here for.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #52
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
2. Make cars that are older then 10 years require inspections on a 12 month basis, regardless of their condition as there are to many unroadworthy cars out there. They should bulid RTA stations around the states which randomly select vehicles on a regular basis for inspection (like they do with the trucks).
My car would be in better nick then some cars that have just passed their first birthday. While i'm not against it, if it was to be done all cars should be included.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 19-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #53
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

GSWXA maybe cars older then 5 years should get it done...

Most cars that are 12 months old that have done enough kms not to be roadworthy would be more then likely owned by fleet companies or the government, and you can bet they change tyres etc before any of us do.

Im not saying that everyone who drives an older car doesnt look after it, but there are alot more older cars around that aren't roadworthy compared to cars that are less then 5 years old, for the simple fact that people who drive them just don't have the money to maintain them, or waste it on other more important things like alcohol and cigaretts.
Old 19-09-2005, 10:28 PM   #54
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
mate lots of people drink drive and it really does a great injustice to society . but baggin the out of this guy is a bit rough . like anyone who has ever driven after a few i hope you are not joining in on this one .you made a mistake and got 50% away with it . don't do it again and you had the courage to be a man and admit it .enjoy the forums and everyone including the people bagging you here have made thiers . thier bagging is justified but remember your not the only one who has done it. i hope you never do it agian mate. because there is no excuse for anyone . but it was good of you to ask for advice . thats what we are all here for.
Someone starts a thread that should read : " im an idiot and partake in criminal activity that endangers innocent people" and bagging him is rough ?
Maybe next time we can pat him on the back and say don't do it again ?
What would your opinion be if he had hurt someone while driving ?
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:38 PM   #55
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Maybe next time we can pat him on the back and say don't do it again ?
I'snt that what our justice system is for? :baby bott

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 19-09-2005, 10:39 PM   #56
BJ
Banned

Well what do you say to some one who thinks it is alwrite to drink and drive. Not much really because of the viod between his ears. If you think you can get on here and say things like that you are a bloody moron. I did that once years ago with my best freind in a GT that was my pride and joy, guess what happened i KILLED him i lost control at 40kph hit a pole his head hit the front pillar and he died instantly. Now if you think you are able to walk away from a small bingle at 70khp think again you ********. I hope i never run into you at some of these meets becaue belive me you will get a peice of my mind. Yes i did the wrong thing and payed for it, i am still paying for it all these years later.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 11:05 PM   #57
Gabbins
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
:

V8SC have huge rollcages and are built to survive crashes like that - regular cars arent.
Of course not just any car with a home made roll cage, the ideal car for this would probably be a ex v8 supercar with a motor or something

Again i wanna point out that, most of us r not stupid to DD, but if the idea stops some1 else with the same stubborn personality like myself from doing it on the roads and in the process, saving a life or 2 then i think it's worth it.

The whole idea is this:
get some1 who thinks they can drink and drive safely, get em on the track and let themselves learn the hard, but safer way

The question is, would u want a DDer to learn this same lesson on public roads or a race track ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
agreed, all im doing is telling my expirience, i thought about what could have happened, ive analyzed my thinking beforehand & after. And even though i didnt loose control myself, i still dont think im invincible.

I made a mistake and i come on these forums and admit it, i'ts my way of hard wiring this expierince into my brain(or lack of brain) and any1 elses, becuase i know i have done wrong.

I've been through it now, and like every1 else, im trying to prevent it from happening to any1 else

I am young, i know i shouldn't have let him or myself drive for that matter, but there are people out there who still don't learn from expiriences the first time which i think are the people who really deserve more flaming than i get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS99 Ute man
Do you reckon the guy who posted this, thought he would be cool? for posting the story
What made u think that mate ??

The question is, would u want a DDer to learn this same lesson on public roads or a race track ??
Old 19-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #58
gtfpv
GT

i hope i havent offended anybody here . i don't drink and drive . at all . did once 19 years ago . was lucky . but i'm just as guilty as this guy and anyone else. .i dont think that bashing him up is always the answer .often people do that themselves .if he killed someone it would be horrible .
Old 19-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #59
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is no lesson to be learnt tho, thats the frigin point... If you have to get drunk and drive a car just to learn the lesson not then you should probarly be going and getting some professional help.

Don't be a nob!
Old 19-09-2005, 11:10 PM   #60
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
There is no lesson to be learnt tho, thats the frigin point... If you have to get drunk and drive a car just to learn the lesson not then you should probarly be going and getting some professional help.

Don't be a nob!
so you have learnt everthing from other peoples mistakes have you . and done nothing wrong.tell us something yoiuve done wrong dude and lets bag you for a while .