Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #31
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
What ****es me off is threads about being ****ed off about others stupid threads .. and then starting your own stupid thread _. When you really shouldn't have a reason to be ****ed off in the first place . And then people will take the **** out of the ****ed off poster , who then get's even more ****ed ().. and wants to : you in the mouth. While others on the forum read it and **** themselves.
It's ok CH7472.. . I'll tell you a little .. it's called ignoring. Here.. take a couple of these > <, and try not to be so ****ed off. At your age.. it could be fatal. Anyway, just thought I'd add my worth. I need to have a **** now... so I'll **** off. Have a nice day everyone .

I like that.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 04:05 PM   #32
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH7472
Carnt people think for then selfs. I know that that is what the forumns are for, to share and to genuinely help and such but for christ sake do we have to have everyone ask stupid bloody questions all the time. Such as and this is no way meant to be having a go at anyone in paticular. Do we need to help people make a choise between what wheels to buy or should i fix my window tinting before i fix the head gasket, and will my bum look big in that car, please people there are some things you should be abel to choose for your self. Now i am not saying that all of these questions are stupid just some , i know you will all think who is this silly old barsted well i might be the one at the parts desk or the person on the phone at the service desk. If you could only look at what half the people write, most dont even think about what the are asking.As you my guess this has been a gripe of mine for some time now and have finally gotten it of my chest. :
Yeah, thats the internet for you. I am guilty of asking stupid questions or saying stupid crap , but trying to overcome it for quite awhile now lol. Unfortunately message boards are full of stupid questions, stupid people, know it alls, pricks, ****ers, wannabe heros, attention seekers. But like people have said, if you don't like it, don't read it. Alot of times I see a lot of crap in the bar for example and think why the hell would this person want to air out their very personal details? _. There are good topics, info on the board tho, just turn a blind eye and not worry about the rest of the crap.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 04:10 PM   #33
XR200utility
Starter Motor

From what ive seen on all the forums i been on, its all the same everywhere!!
XR200utility is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #34
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

What's your name?
**** off!

****off eh? That's a funny name!
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #35
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Righ then

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
What ****es me off is threads about being ****ed off about others stupid threads .. and then starting your own stupid thread _. When you really shouldn't have a reason to be ****ed off in the first place . And then people will take the **** out of the ****ed off poster , who then get's even more ****ed ().. and wants to : you in the mouth. While others on the forum read it and **** themselves.
It's ok CH7472.. . I'll tell you a little .. it's called ignoring. Here.. take a couple of these > <, and try not to be so ****ed off. At your age.. it could be fatal. Anyway, just thought I'd add my worth. I need to have a **** now... so I'll **** off. Have a nice day everyone .
------------------------------------
Right then....
You want to complain!
Look at these shoes. I've only had them three weeks and the heels are worn right through....etc
Opps I'm sorry is this the right post for an argument????

Uncle_Ken it:
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #36
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont_Krissy
Well I have a couple of opinions on this ...

Everyone has a right to ask questions no matter how stupid other people think it is. Asking on a forum whether or not to (for example) tint your car windows is no different to asking your mates "do you reckon I should tint my windows" It's a general question that people like opinions on.

Sometimes it's just innocent naivety (<--spelling) or an ice-breaker to get to know the people on the forum or to just get some sort of conversation (especially if you're a newbie) and yes sometimes the questions are just plain stupid but, people should feel comfortable asking questions regardless of how silly they may seem. Isn't that part of why we're all here? To teach and learn?!

I'm guilty of asking "stupid" questions myself and will continue to do so LOL :P Me personally - if I don't know then I'll ask and I don't care how silly it seems
now that is very well said
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 05:00 PM   #37
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken
------------------------------------
Right then....
You want to complain!
Look at these shoes. I've only had them three weeks and the heels are worn right through....etc
Opps I'm sorry is this the right post for an argument????

Uncle_Ken it:
Ok I'm going O/T for a second (sorry) but I have to laugh at that because I was just thinking that my dad (R.I.P) would reply to that with "Heels worn right through? In my day mate we didn't wear shoes - couldn't afford 'em - it was the soles of our feet that were worn through" etc and so on LOL.

Yah anyway...
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 05:53 PM   #38
rodderz

The Ebay threads are getting very tiresome

We all know how stupid people when it comes to selling things, they will sell their jocks then put the smell up for auction afterwards!

Seems to be ebay threads popping up almost daily and none are that interesting any more, unless it's related to a cheap car part that a member could use
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 06:19 PM   #39
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

Well my *** didnt look good in a Focus...Thank god someone told me...
ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 06:44 PM   #40
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH7472
Carnt people think for then selfs. I know that that is what the forumns are for, to share and to genuinely help and such but for christ sake do we have to have everyone ask stupid bloody questions all the time. Such as and this is no way meant to be having a go at anyone in paticular. Do we need to help people make a choise between what wheels to buy or should i fix my window tinting before i fix the head gasket, and will my bum look big in that car, please people there are some things you should be abel to choose for your self. Now i am not saying that all of these questions are stupid just some , i know you will all think who is this silly old barsted well i might be the one at the parts desk or the person on the phone at the service desk. If you could only look at what half the people write, most dont even think about what the are asking.As you my guess this has been a gripe of mine for some time now and have finally gotten it of my chest. :
There is no such thing as a Stupid Question! Only Stupid Answers!! :ticking:
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 06:49 PM   #41
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

I think this thread fits the description of the first post.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 07:21 PM   #42
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Good thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont_Krissy
Ok I'm going O/T for a second (sorry) but I have to laugh at that because I was just thinking that my dad (R.I.P) would reply to that with "Heels worn right through? In my day mate we didn't wear shoes - couldn't afford 'em - it was the soles of our feet that were worn through" etc and so on LOL.

Yah anyway...
Its good to think back Krissy and have happy thoughts of your dad.
Uncle_Ken :voldar02:
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 01:34 AM   #43
XRchic
Hello

What ****es me off? Shocking spelling and stupid sms typing in posts.

I dont mind the odd bit of gossip. I have mates on here, so having a discussion thread here and there about what is happening in their lives is fine with me! Sometimes it is just a way for people to get things off their chest, about non car issues and also sometimes to get some support and advice from the people on here! Ive done it myself. Sometimes people feel more comfortable talking about their lives and asking for advice online rather than in person.

Because we are allowed to chat in the Pub and Bar to some extent, about things other than cars, a lot of friendships have been formed from being on AFF. Fords brought everyone together in the same spot, and perhaps the more chatty, non car sections add a different element to it. These sections are popular so obviously people like them.

But please, people, learn to spell and type - we all make the odd mistake, but deliberately typing sms crap is going to drive me up the wall a lot quicker than dodgy threads in the Bar and Pub....

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post