Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2020, 10:29 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Cars You Would Love to Drive

If given the chance, what cars would you love to drive someday?

I have been lucky to drive a number of cars, and yes I have a list, but there are still some that I would jump at the chance to drive but not necessarily own. You will notice my list lacks uber expensive supercars, I just don’t get excited by them.

-Having driven a variety of Falcon’s, I have never driven a Turbo Barra. I have sampled the last three generations of the Inline Six, and driven Windsor, Modular and Miami based V8’s. The Turbo has eluded me. One day.

-BMW E46 M3. Most probably the best inline 6 ever made. I just love the induction note of these engines. The balance of power, weight and dynamics made this a high point for BMW. The CSL with the carbon airbox is even better.

-Aston Martin DB9. For so long, this was my dream car, the looks, the noise, the image. One of the best styled cars of all time. Owning one would likely test my patience.

-Porsche 911 GT3, any of them but probably the 997.2. I don’t really have an ambition to own one but I would love to drive a Porsche, the screaming atmo flat 6 in the GT3’s being the ultimate expression of the brand.

-Mazda MX-5. The lack of power would probably prevent me from falling in love with it but I would like to find out why these are so highly regarded.

Would love to hear what others would have on their “dream drive” lists.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post