Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-08-2016, 06:39 PM   #31
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: "Holden is set to let customers shape the end of local car manufacturing by building the cars people

FPV6...I remember the Country Pack, larger fuel tank, heavy duty shocky's, engine sump guard. But that was in the 1970's.
Old 16-08-2016, 08:03 PM   #32
BOSHOG
avenge me

Default Re: "Holden is set to let customers shape the end of local car manufacturing by building the cars people

Ford and Holden cut their own throats by telling the marketplace what they wanted. The reason we stopped buying their products is that they simply weren't designed for us anymore, Ford ceasing production of the station wagon was a horrible decision and don't get me started on not making a Fairlane or Fairmont.
Old 16-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #33
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Engines will be most interesting. Especially their solutions to Euro 6...

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #34
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon View Post
Engines will be most interesting. Especially their solutions to Euro 6...
Euro6? Will it run on farts? How will it go if there is any follow through?
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #35
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day..Let me put my two cents worth in..Point 1...This is just bull**** , typical of Holden right to the end..Give me strength..If they were attuned to customer demand and listening to the customers then why are they closing , same with Toyota.. Point 2..V6 engines..Only part of what makes a good engine is how quick it is..A REALLY BIG PART IS LONGEVITY AND RELIABILITY..Not in a million years will you collectively get GM V6's to come even close to the Ford Inline Barra..Barra also covers it in daily user friendly torque , super performance from the amazing Turbo and if mine is anything to go by , day to day fuel efficiency ain't too shabby either..Match a Ford V8 supercharged versus this LS3 , same thing , the Ford V8 will go on and on and on...and the old pushrod LS 3 will most likely go bang before the Ford goes to Heaven..Point 3..New look interior/features..Ford had no bloody money or incentive with closure notifications for over three years .. I'd bet forward planning for a brand new look interior would have been needed several years ago..Perhaps GMH had already done that..Now I'll shut up..Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #36
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSHOG View Post
Ford and Holden cut their own throats by telling the marketplace what they wanted. The reason we stopped buying their products is that they simply weren't designed for us anymore, Ford ceasing production of the station wagon was a horrible decision and don't get me started on not making a Fairlane or Fairmont.
Their marketing people must have spent a lot of time deciding what the customer wanted before deciding not to build it, so they could say 'See, nobody is buying them, we made the right decision'
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2016, 01:06 AM   #37
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Isn't the SV6 a lot more powerful than the standard V6 though?

I drove my sisters V6 not long ago and it was a POS.
Had to rev the bejesus out of it.
A lot of difference in the same model cars of what I have driven of all of Holden's V6 some go well some don't and I am on about new cars and some autos are soft shifting and some are slower shifting and some are fast shifting.
The Falcon FG 4.0L auto I last drove was just so fast in 1st and 2ed absolutely kill the last VF SV6 auto I drove, but the Falcon turned into gutless slug once it hit 3rd gear.
The Aurion is fast in 1 and 2ed but not as great to drive like the Falcon is and the Aurion is gutless in 3rd as well.
Make sure to change the oil in the Aurion on time or they blow up.
The V6 Holden a many use a lot oil, I just look at the exhaust and you can see the carbon build up is just shocking and the intake valves can get carbon up because the fuel does not hit the valves to clean it off.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #38
The Snout

"Without confirming specifics, Holden spokesman Sean Poppit says the brands has "tricks up its sleeve" when it comes to the final year of Commodore production, which is likely to feature a special edition or two."

Sums up Australian manufacturing, more concerned with "tricks up its sleeve" than offering relative production and customer service. 'Buy a car and get a free chook', whatever.

".......striving to make sure that anyone who wants to buy a final-year Australian Commodore is able to get their hands on one."

Anyone, anyone ? Please anyone......2 for 1 maybe.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-08-2016, 07:18 PM   #39
mick74GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snout View Post
"Without confirming specifics, Holden spokesman Sean Poppit says the brands has "tricks up its sleeve" when it comes to the final year of Commodore production, which is likely to feature a special edition or two."

Sums up Australian manufacturing, more concerned with "tricks up its sleeve" than offering relative production and customer service. 'Buy a car and get a free chook', whatever.

".......striving to make sure that anyone who wants to buy a final-year Australian Commodore is able to get their hands on one."

This is a weird thing to say.. The car has no future and nothing can change that. The best form of customer service at this stage is surely throwing whatever tricks they've got up their sleeve...

And on the Australian Manufacturing topic I think that the last of the falcon and commodore are fantastic, value packed cars.. It's just a different market now
E3 Maloo Black Edition
VW Golf GTD - Wifes Weapon
mick74GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #40
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:

I believe he's simply trying to assure people that the final model year will indeed have some unique upgrades (most likely on special editions). Nothing wrong with that. Rumours at this point include magnetic ride control, TPMS, new wheels, new colours, heads up display standard on SV6, etc.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2016, 09:49 PM   #41
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Holden can sell more V8s than they can produce. I am lucky to see one FG-X on the road per month.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-08-2016, 10:12 PM   #42
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
Holden can sell more V8s than they can produce. I am lucky to see one FG-X on the road per month.
Yep and V8 utes, The only V8 utes from ford was the pursuit in the last years, good luck with that there was 120 total.It was a joke didn't they think they could have sold some XR8 utes or even a decent qty of the pursuit,no four thought from ford the pursuits were sold before the public even knew about them, lucky I got one.The final GT and Pursuit utes will be long forgotten by the time holden finish with all there special models and Holden will have the last say.
Old 17-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #43
nstg8a

If They will build what I want then I'd like either a maloo preferably, or a commodore hatch with the sprint six motor thanks.

Just transfer my deposit over thanks mr Holden-San
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #44
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I have my order in for the VF 7.0L SSV Sandman Thunder ute.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2016, 08:11 PM   #45
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A Calais V Sportwagon in blue/dark green with a white trim, thanks. Oh, that trim is only for the sedan? And with the E85 option like VE2-VFMY14, so when Australia's 23 days of oil reserve are on the line I'm sitting pretty.
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #46
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
FPV6...I remember the Country Pack, larger fuel tank, heavy duty shocky's, engine sump guard. But that was in the 1970's.
CSV8 I'm pretty sure a Country Pack was an option on VF Evoke sedan and wagon at launch, bash plate and 10mm higher clearance and other bits maybe. Good luck finding one!
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2016, 03:36 AM   #47
XBGTFGGTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
The V6s are actually pretty well sorted in the VF, they just carry their boat anchor rep from the VE days. We tested a '13 SV6 against a '15 XR6 and the SV6 could not be beaten in a straight line, it wasn't gutless down low like they used to be either. Hard to lose a reputation once you've got it though.
I have them as rentals, you still got to drive the crap out of them to make them go down low. Falcon much better low down until the V6 start's revving, but are good on fuel.

XA GT Manual
XBGT Manual
XC GXL
1982 XE S-Pac V8
2011 F6 Velvet
2011 GT Manual Black/Gold
2020 GT500KR
FG-X Sprint
F150 Shelby
XBGTFGGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post