Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-10-2015, 09:52 PM   #31
Spurious

Default Re: End of the roll, a mere coincidence?... or far more sinister plot afoot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR MAN View Post
And what about the other argument starter? Do you fold or scrunch the paper?
Well I fold.
I reckon one can do a better job if one folds, with fewer risks.
If one was to scrunch, there's always the chance that a finger my slip off an edge if the paper happens to ...well, snag shall we say.
If one folds then one has more surface area with which to work & a definite defense made up of multiple layers.

I mean, you wouldn't scrunch a tissue after blowing your nose into it, that usually results in a finger splashing a goober, you fold it to ensure you stay clear of any moisture. The same principal applies with loo paper.

Think about that next time you shake someones hand!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2015, 09:18 AM   #32
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Re: End of the roll, a mere coincidence?... or far more sinister plot afoot?

Next thread will be about toothpaste..............
Old 29-10-2015, 10:26 AM   #33
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

It's a bit weird, I posted a thread about scrunching/folding toilet paper a few years back and had it locked within minutes of it being up. Yet this threads continues to go on....

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2015, 10:35 AM   #34
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
It's a bit weird, I posted a thread about scrunching/folding toilet paper a few years back and had it locked within minutes of it being up. Yet this threads continues to go on....
Agreed, lets keep this thread on the original topic please.

And buggerlugs, at my age it will be about hearing aid batteries
Old 29-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #35
superyob
Banned

Definitely a sinister plot, full of skullduggerous subterfuge. Chicanery is afoot, and you are justice's shoe! Find the answer before it's too late!!! Dum dum daaaaaaaaaa...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2015, 10:42 PM   #36
Spurious

I merely posted an observation for you to share your thoughts on. This is the bar isn't it?
Old 29-10-2015, 10:45 PM   #37
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Definitely a sinister plot, full of skullduggerous subterfuge. Chicanery is afoot, and you are justice's shoe! Find the answer before it's too late!!! Dum dum daaaaaaaaaa...
Today Superyob secretly celebrated his 10'th birthday with his family. Keep up the english lessons, you're nearly there.
Old 29-10-2015, 11:23 PM   #38
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6AUII? View Post
I merely posted an observation for you to share your thoughts on. This is the bar isn't it?
And I am eagerly awaiting the answer to the question posed; 'a mere coincidence?... or far more sinister plot afoot?'
Old 30-10-2015, 12:18 AM   #39
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember being a kid and leaving 1 square on the roll so I didn't have to get another roll, that gives me the willies now that i'm a parent.
I also find it's not only toilet rolls i find empty it's always the sugar bowl that i seem to be the only one that fills it up or the ice cube trays in the freezer that always seem to be empty in the freezer when you want a cold drink.
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2015, 12:41 AM   #40
Spurious

Quote:
And I am eagerly awaiting the answer to the question posed; 'a mere coincidence?... or far more sinister plot afoot?'
You said your bit, & excuses sent via PM are pointless.

You respond to someones post with the words "dum dum".
Not only did you mis-spell the words but you're immature enough to use them here.
If I were drinking with you in a bar & you used those words to describe someone...then I am walking away from you.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:00 AM   #41
superyob
Banned

There was no excuse sent. It was a clarification that I was not having a dig at your post. If you think I was calling you dumb (see, right spelling) then you may have proved that point correct yourself. To many people, dum dum daaaaaa is the dramatic sound effect that ends a sinister proclamation or statement. I would have preferred that you had clarified this point with me in private but since you have needlessly brought this out into public I don't think you have done yourself any favour...

And if you are going to have a go at my presumed lack of spelling capability, I suggest you have a look at yours. It's 'attire' not 'atire'. There is also an apostrophe in 'sheep's...'

Last edited by superyob; 01-11-2015 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #42
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've noticed over the years that I'm less economical with a full roll compared to a few sheets left.

With a full roll, it almost looks like I have a bandage covering my wrist and hand, but when it's running on empty I fold or manipulate those last few sheets in a way that would make someone with a Masters in Origami scratch their head.

Also, as a Lefty, I've often wondered why these Humanoids place the roll holder either on the left or the right.

Anyway, once you're married you will spend 5x the amount of time on the throne.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2015, 11:16 PM   #43
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo76 View Post
I remember being a kid and leaving 1 square on the roll so I didn't have to get another roll, that gives me the willies now that i'm a parent.
I also find it's not only toilet rolls i find empty it's always the sugar bowl that i seem to be the only one that fills it up or the ice cube trays in the freezer that always seem to be empty in the freezer when you want a cold drink.
Empty plate left in the fridge which had leftovers on it, is another.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2015, 10:48 AM   #44
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
...& once you have kids you dare not stay in there too long for fear of someone swinging the door open & walking in on you!
This user likes this post:
Old 02-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #45
Spurious

Quote:
There was no excuse sent. It was a clarification that I was not having a dig at your post. If you think I was calling you dumb (see, right spelling) then you may have proved that point correct yourself. To many people, dum dum daaaaaa is the dramatic sound effect that ends a sinister proclamation or statement. I would have preferred that you had clarified this point with me in private but since you have needlessly brought this out into public I don't think you have done yourself any favour...

And if you are going to have a go at my presumed lack of spelling capability, I suggest you have a look at yours. It's 'attire' not 'atire'. There is also an apostrophe in 'sheep's...'
I get what you mean regarding the dum dum comment. I apologize, my mistake.
As for the spelling, the English language was terrible long before I started using it. Add the fact we're using an American based spell checker here on FF, & sometimes I will make a mistake & sometimes the error is not underlined.
I see people spelling "Tire" on social media too. It cracks me up. Poor spelling & grammar are everywhere but I try to make an effort. Google is my Dictionary!

At a guess, wouldn't "Sheep's" be the hyphenated version of "Sheep is"?
Old 02-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #46
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurious View Post
...& once you have kids you dare not stay in there too long for fear of someone swinging the door open & walking in on you!
A few dishes of Indian the night before will soon put a stop to that.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #47
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have 2 bathrooms (well 3 if you count the shed) any how the kids pretty much have their own, I hardly ever venture in there unless we're expecting visitors to give it a quick once over

Anyhow I went in there yesterday and found not only the toilet roll on the wall empty with the cardboard tube still on the spool but also 3 of the 5 spare rolls also down to tubes on the little pole that holds the spares, the 4th one 2nd from the bottom was about 1/2 way through and the 5th was an actual spare

I lost my **** at the kids but thinking but I should have monitored it to see what would happen when the 5the roll was empty

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #48
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
We have 2 bathrooms (well 3 if you count the shed) any how the kids pretty much have their own, I hardly ever venture in there unless we're expecting visitors to give it a quick once over

Anyhow I went in there yesterday and found not only the toilet roll on the wall empty with the cardboard tube still on the spool but also 3 of the 5 spare rolls also down to tubes on the little pole that holds the spares, the 4th one 2nd from the bottom was about 1/2 way through and the 5th was an actual spare

I lost my **** at the kids but thinking but I should have monitored it to see what would happen when the 5the roll was empty
I suspect a new coat of paint on the walls post the 5th roll.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2015, 06:07 PM   #49
XG_Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Single life keeps getting better and better
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post