Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #31
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: VW Sales Crash Nearly 20%

Ford fobbed off the Territory ball joint issue for as long as they could!

I guess it's pretty poor form of VW to do likewise here, when they didn't in other markets. That's pretty low.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #32
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
I lived through that and survived! Driving along a motorway in a wobbling car trying to work out what the hell's going on (in absence of statements from Ford) wasn't a joke, considering what did happen to some Territory owners. Anyway Ford Aus has been pretty good otherwise, it pales by comparison to this one from VW.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The lesson here is the total arrogance of the local VW company when faced with the same problems being handled far differently in other markets. Reputations are hard one and easily lost. On a purely selfish note I'm hoping the T6 Transporter goes to the 8 speed ZF in time for my update, even though it has a different dsg to the passenger car models.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #34
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
And if VW think the public will forget quickly they are in fantasy land. They can quite rightly, (in my opinion) expect serious brand damage for a considerable period to come.
Sadly I don't think so as Toyota hid a fault that killed people were dragged screaming through the US legal system and congress and mugs still queue up to buy them .
Old 08-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #35
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's nothing wrong with VWs basically, I'd rather have one than a Toyota. There were a couple of faults - which isn't unusual with any car. The problem is the way they handled that in Australia, that was appalling. If you're buying a car you need to have confidence that the manufacturer will respond to such situations promptly and openly and give you support.

Toyota have behaved the same way a bit in the past. It's nice to have confidence that a manufacturer won't slide out from under you and you end up footing the bill. I have to say Ford Aus has been very good in that respect (apart from a little tardiness on the ball joint issue!). End result: I'd trust Ford but I wouldn't trust VW and Toyota.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #36
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I guess it's pretty poor form of VW to do likewise here, when they didn't in other markets. That's pretty low.
And not uncommon. IIRC, there was a recall on Volvos overseas to fix an aircon fault... not here, they wait until it fails.
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:

GK
We had a work Territory for four years, did a ton of miles and at every service, Ford checked
the ball joints and as the wear became apparent, replaced them no fewer than three times.

I can't say that same experience happened across the board but I know the local dealer was on the ball..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #38
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Yep no drama here, have had a couple replaced during routine servicing with no delays and no fuss.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #39
Rodge
Banned

Now you can bet on the outcome of whether VW's sales numbers in Australia will be greater than or less than last year !! $1.75 is the favourite for fewer sales in 2013 compared to 2012. Looks like a good bet to me !!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/240778/b...stralia-sales/
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #40
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
We had a work Territory for four years, did a ton of miles and at every service, Ford checked
the ball joints and as the wear became apparent, replaced them no fewer than three times.

I can't say that same experience happened across the board but I know the local dealer was on the ball..
Your dealer in replacing the ball joints was on top of things.The manufacturer who continued to make cars with this fault for literally years was not.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: