Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #31
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: Positive SPIN on the Falcon

We really need to look at the positive side of the Falcon not selling as many cars. We absolutely don’t want to get to the point whereby Ford Oz closes down and many jobs are lost – nobody wants that. The point I am trying to get out there is the next time that someone wants to ‘justify’ their purchase of an alternative car we as proud Ford Falcon owners can come back at them with some of our own justifications as to why the Falcon is so great.

In the last 12 months I have noticed the local taxi company seem to be using more and more Camrys (you know those Hybrid ones!). I say that’s great! Wait until they are running around with 500,000ks on them and there have been a million different smelly, sweaty and drunk people (many of whom would have vomited in the back of them) stinking up the cab. When someone jumps in one and has never experienced a Camry before what do you think their opinion of the Camry will be? The Falcon has put up with that stigma of being a ‘Taxi’ for many years now – let’s see how the Camry the deals with it.

Also, the Falcon, along with the Commodore, seems to have become a middle management vehicle. As a result, within companies some people, I will admit not all, are aspiring to drive one simply because of what it represents – I am a successful person, I have a management position. So within some company structures the Falcon has gone from the Sales persons hack to something that only middle management are ‘allowed’ to drive. How great is that? The Falcon being something that people aspire to.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post