Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #31
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FPV line up changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
What about a GTP without stripes (which can be done from factory) and we remove your decklid spoiler and replace it with a lip spoiler?
Still has the panda eyes.

Actually this is the primary reason why I did not buy an F6 in 2008.

Panda eyes, stripes and badges scream "look at me" and I prefer to just blend into the background unnoticed.

When I had my bright blue GT-P I was accused of doing several silly things by the traffic branch as it had been reported by "concerned residents".
On one occasion when I was reported hooning I was sitting watching state of origin with the then 2IC of traffic. The driver bright blue GT with the personalised plates was a bad person, shame it was the bright blue GT from Bundaberg that came to visit his rellies a bit.

When I bought my silver F6 I went almost unnoticed as it just looked like a silver falcon.

When the hoonline gets an urgent call from "wowsers inc." as they have just been over taken by a car doing 40km/h faster than them estimated at 101 in a 100 zone I prefer the description be a "silver or grey sort of big car like a holden or falcon or toyota and the rego was 12 something something I think there was a F in it" than "it was a bright red Falcon with black stripes, red wheels, loud exhaust, big GT-RSPEC badge and the number plate was TOO FAST".......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #32
WMD351
Size it up

Are the GTEs already only made to order?
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #33
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Deleted.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #34
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Still has the panda eyes.

I woke up one morning... with Panda eyes........

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #35
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351 View Post
Are the GTEs already only made to order?

Most GTE and F6E cars are built for Ford headoffice as manager drive cars. They would be lucky to build 10 customer sold ones a year.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #36
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would love a breakdown on all FPV cars sold last year, tried a few times this year but no luck, now we are in april, plus does anyone know how many cars HSV sold last year?
bigwil is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
I would love a breakdown on all FPV cars sold last year, tried a few times this year but no luck, now we are in april, plus does anyone know how many cars HSV sold last year?
Ford now considers the info commercially sensitive, Russell is trying to have the matter resolved but these things take time..
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #38
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Panda eyes never look good

;)

Last edited by usernametaken; 02-04-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: made a funny post even funnier
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #39
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Comes down to the same old problem with ford and fpv... Advertising.

I have not seen any GTEs or F6Es in the flesh at my local (or semi local) fords before. There was a period of about 8 months when I went to these dealers every weekend searching for my car and I didn't see any in the new car showroom
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #40
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Wouldn't be seen dead looking like that person above .... but think of nothing better than having Panda eyes on what I drive! Love the look of them and wouldn't want it any other way. Best thing is it stands out from the crowd and you know what it is and what its capable of without a second look. Even better, its on a car I drive everyday and enjoy immensely

I like the 'Look at me' statement ...... and LOVING my midlife crisis! Actually the only crisis I am facing right this moment is do I tune or not!

PANDA EYES for the WIN! How could you not love a face like this!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #41
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
That is the only other option really Barra, but I hate GT-P seats. I have always loved the Force cars and when they were replaced by F6E and GTE I always really desired them. They make me turn my head more than any of the striped up cars to be honest as I love the classy look.
Hi Trev,

To be honest, if I hadn't got the R-Spec I would probably have gone GT-E. I prefer the more subtle, stealth look. But, ....... , I went R-Spec for the engineering changes, the piano black accents, and also because it was a limited edition. (I just got more red on the wheels than what I originally thought!! LOL!)

It had the WOW factor for me.

I don't regret buying the R-Spec at all so I guess I'm probably passed my mid-life crisis!

Your GT-E and ELKS are really classy looking FPV's.

Cheers
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #42
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The panda eyes look great, they are the main thing that distinguish the fpv from ford. In saying that I think they should offer the option of panda eyes or no panda eyes when ordering
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #43
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
"it was a bright red Falcon with black stripes, red wheels, loud exhaust, big GT-RSPEC badge and the number plate was TOO FAST".......
Actually, the R-SPEC badge is not that big. But, the R-SPEC can just be waiting at the traffic lights and it gets attention.

All joking aside, there's a lot in your post which is spot on.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #44
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
Hi Trev,

To be honest, if I hadn't got the R-Spec I would probably have gone GT-E. I prefer the more subtle, stealth look. But, ....... , I went R-Spec for the engineering changes, the piano black accents, and also because it was a limited edition. (I just got more red on the wheels than what I originally thought!! LOL!)

It had the WOW factor for me.

I don't regret buying the R-Spec at all so I guess I'm probably passed my mid-life crisis!

Your GT-E and ELKS are really classy looking FPV's.

Cheers
You are driving one of my favourite ever Fords.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #45
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The F6 ute was finished ages ago, there was a thread about it maybe 6 months ago.

I'm suprised the F6 is still continuing, but I guess it doesn't require a cent spent on it yet, but will it survive past 2014?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #46
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Wouldn't be seen dead looking like that person above .... but think of nothing better than having Panda eyes on what I drive! Love the look of them and wouldn't want it any other way. Best thing is it stands out from the crowd and you know what it is and what its capable of without a second look. Even better, its on a car I drive everyday and enjoy immensely

I like the 'Look at me' statement ...... and LOVING my midlife crisis! Actually the only crisis I am facing right this moment is do I tune or not!

PANDA EYES for the WIN! How could you not love a face like this!

Amen to that and yeah I have the same crisis regarding the tuning dilema too
F6E and GT-E look almost an absolute dead ringer for a G6ET, which as we all know can easily be tuned and proper brakes fitted at modest cost.
I think that's always been FPV's biggest problem in regard to these executive models. There's probably a few dozen tuned G6ET's running around for every single exec model ever made by FPV.

Last edited by Rodge; 03-04-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #47
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Amen to that and yeah I have the same crisis regarding the tuning dilema too
F6E and GT-E look almost an absolute dead ringer for a G6ET, which as we all know can easily be tuned and proper brakes fitted at modest cost.
I think that's always been FPV's biggest problem in regard to these executive models. There's probably a few dozen tuned G6ET's running around for every single exec model ever made by FPV.
That's what I was thinking too, the G6ET has a lot of potential.

A lot of anecdotal evidence over the past 18 months or so that people who previously owned F6s are now GT owners
so it's not surprising to see a corresponding drop in I-6 Turbo numbers.

Ford has 2013 XR6Ts on sale at $40,990 drive away because they can't shift them....
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #48
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

I friggin love the panda eyes. Best feature of these cars me thinks, other than the fact they will strip the flesh of your face from factory..
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #49
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

All performance model sales have dropped. My dealer can't move anything even at heavily discounted prices.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #50
bobwm

Does anyone know if the Pursuit is likely to make a return to the lineup more permanently? Or is the GS going to remain the only ute option from FPV going forward?
bobwm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #51
BISHY

Doubtful.
BISHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #52
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
When I had my bright blue GT-P I was accused of doing several silly things by the traffic branch as it had been reported by "concerned residents".
On one occasion when I was reported hooning I was sitting watching state of origin with the then 2IC of traffic. The driver bright blue GT with the personalised plates was a bad person, shame it was the bright blue GT from Bundaberg that came to visit his rellies a bit.
With respect to your story and your view on this issue I think that's more of an unlucky coincidence, rather than a direct reflection on the car or its features. If your car had been a different colour to the alleged hoon's car then you wouldn't have been bothered.

You could then buy a silver/white unsuspecting looking car and a local hoon could get a similar car and you're back at square one.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #53
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
That's what I was thinking too, the G6ET has a lot of potential....
They sure do and I nearly went that route instead of the GT-E but after numerous Turbo Fords I was ready for a change. Plus I like the slightly tougher look of the FPV variants, not to mention all the fruit, LSD and six-pot brakes etc. etc. And it is nice to own the top of the range car.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #54
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
With respect to your story and your view on this issue I think that's more of an unlucky coincidence, rather than a direct reflection on the car or its features. If your car had been a different colour to the alleged hoon's car then you wouldn't have been bothered.

You could then buy a silver/white unsuspecting looking car and a local hoon could get a similar car and you're back at square one.
You're missing the point, if you have a HP car with a stand out low production colour, don't attract attention.
Anyone with a white or silver Falcon can act the goat and be less likely to be singled out from hundreds of other examples on the road.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #55
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
You're missing the point, if you have a HP car with a stand out low production colour, don't attract attention.
Anyone with a white or silver Falcon can act the goat and be less likely to be singled out from hundreds of other examples on the road.
I agree totally with you and Tony. I am always mindful of this owning a dash green GT with private word plates. I am so mindful that I am tempted to remove the plates and put standard QLD ones on, not only because I'm worried about police attention but also the attention of certain people at shopping centre car parks.

I nearly bought a black GTE last year. They are a great car and would do alot better if they had a price adjustment.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #56
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post

Well I know for a fact that is not the case. As I have stated many times I have a reasonable insight into TB culture and do not do things like this randomly.

Our locals can almost recite the description and rego of every "vehicle of interest" in the district. Spotting the obvious ones is easy as in "the bright blue one in a line of grey and white" but a grey one in a line of grey and white presents a much greater challenge.

Hiding a tree in a desert is a lot more difficult that hiding it in a jungle.

Of course some prefer their trees covered with decorations and kept in the middle of the room for all to see and be amazed at how cool it looks.

Those who know about trees can discuss how that tree could produce oxygen and possibly feed insects or host birds. Unfortunately the birds and insects would not come as if they did they would not last very long and there would be no oxygen as there is no sunlight or water but it really does look like it could do it.

Other trees make lots of oxygen, feed many insects and host a plethora of birds and as they are in the middle of the jungle with other similar looking plants all around them noboby notices or even cares......
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #57
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its amazing how some things just cant be kept confidential as its supposed to be.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #58
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwm View Post
Does anyone know if the Pursuit is likely to make a return to the lineup more permanently? Or is the GS going to remain the only ute option from FPV going forward?
The Pursuit will come back as soon as the XR8 comes back.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #59
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

I get your long-winded horticulture analogy, so I'm not arguing about that but...

Quote:
Our locals can almost recite the description and rego of every "vehicle of interest" in the district.
If they're going to dob people in they'd want to be able to recite the rego of the vehicle that committed the alleged offence.

If they could do that you wouldn't have been bothered either. What ever happened to worrying about the details and positively identifying offenders?

Maybe things are different in your part of QLD.

I just drive according to the law and don't live in an area with a lot of hoons. That way I can drive whatever I want and don't worry about getting hassled.

Seems to work for me, and I'm just sharing my perspective, as you have. Cheers and have a great day.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #60
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The thread has been on holidays while the status of the info was checked. It is back now as there was no embargo on it.
2 users like this post: