Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #31
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Indian 'call' centres and reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
you need to be put on the 'do not call register'
i thought there was a thread on this months ago?

they CANNOT call you when you are on the reg
we dont have a phone hooked up in the new joint yet but in the old house we NEVER got calls...ever

if i need to speak to vodaphone or telstra and im having trouble understand ing because of the accent, and it has happened once or twice i just say, i cannot understand you can i please speak to someone else
if you dont let me speak to someone i can understand then i will not pay the bill

it works
and no im certainly not racist
if i cant understand i cant understand and i get sick of saying 'can u repeat that please i didnt quite understand'

**** em
if they want to use 10 buck an hr labor thats what happens
Yeh the scammers will not call you if you are on the do not call register as that would be illegal........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #32
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

it works
my old girl put me onto it
she also said that (from memory it lasts for a few years) she knows when her time is up as she starts getting calls again
she just rings up puts her numbers in again and voila
no more calls

it works
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #33
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i`ve already had two calls today, one from an energy company, another from a local doing a survey.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #34
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I received this today in a text message on my Sony Ericsson phone. I don't own any Apple or BlackBerry products.

Congrats your mobile number has won you Two Million Dollars in the Blackberry-Apple New Year PROMO. For claims send FULL NAMES & EMAIL TO: bkberry323@yahoo.com

I'm rich, I'm rich!
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #35
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

register on the donotcall register

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

spam like lotto on your mobile is prob from visiting a site that isnt exactly safe or encourages spam
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #36
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

I haven't had a tele marketer call for about a year now. I think because I use to **** them around so much, they put me on the don't call register. I remember one called one day and asked if I was the owner of the house. I said 'no' then they asked if the owners where home. I said ' I hope not', he said 'why', which I replied ' Because I'm robbing the joint.' There was silence after that. Another time one was trying to push a mobile phone on me, I said 'What about an elephant?'. He said 'what?', I said 'You're indian aren't you?'. He said 'Yes sir', so I said 'Well what about a good deal on a elephant?' Again silence, so every time they rang I would do something to pee them off. Guess what no more phone calls.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #37
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We've been on the do not call register for ages...doesn't do much good unfortunately.

I remember the calls that were all the rage a few years back when Gupter would call and say you had won a mobile phone...congratulations! Then he would go on to say all you had to do to claim the phone you had won was to sign up for some weekend holiday at a resort. I would reply "No thanks, but I'll give you the adress to send the phone I've won to". The reply would come a few seconds later "No no no sir, you have to buy the holiday".
"But you told me I had won a phone".
"Yes, that's right".
"Well I want my phone, thanks for the offer, but I don't want the holiday, just the mobile phone".

I'd go on like this until they usually hung up on me.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #38
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
We've been on the do not call register for ages...doesn't do much good unfortunately
except for a few charities (literally just a few) we have not been bothered
i have won $1,000,000us on a couple of occasions on the mobile but "the register" will not stop crooks from breaking the law

i would have claimed my $1,000,000us, but in reality, it is probably only worth $100aud so it would have cost more to claim than i would have got back
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post