Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #31
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Default Re: Ford Australia public affairs director Sinead Phipps told Drive: “We have no plans to

Thanks Gaela for the kind update. I look forward to reading Russells factual summary on the current situation later today.

TBH, the previous thread was poorly constructed, speculative and only served to unsettle an already nervous community. We don't want or need anymore bs or rumors please.

Long live FoA and the Falcon.

Peace.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #32
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 
Default Re: Ford Australia public affairs director Sinead Phipps told Drive: “We have no plans to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra

TBH, the previous thread was poorly constructed, speculative and only served to unsettle an already nervous community. We don't want or need anymore bs or rumors please

Exactly, this is a Ford Forum, not a Womens Day mag...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #33
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Thanks for letting us know Gaela. Good to see Ford do visit the forums.

We won't have to wait much longer, as I am sure russellw will inform everyone shortly of what he knows and then hopefully the speculation can end.

Cheers
Col
Old 29-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #34
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Good evening

As noted above, we have had direct communication this morning with FoA on the topic of FPV and the future direction of that joint venture.

The current state of play is that there are no immediate plans in relation to FPV (with the exception of the limited edition to be announced shortly) and the recent changes to the management at FPV were a result of a restructure of the business in light of their current sales volumes and profitability.

Discussion is on-going in terms of the model mix which includes the (long standing) debate over XR8 and/or GS but given the lead times in such things it will be some time before anything comes from those discussions.

Likewise, as one would expect in any business of this size, there is continuous on-going review of every part of the business and that includes joint venture arrangements such as those with Prodrive but the lead times are equally lengthy on those.

I'll take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of the admin team for the error of judgement shown in the thread from yesterday. The information provided was from a number of normally reliable resources but it would appear that they were incorrect.

It's unfortunately one of the issues we have faced since the Geoff Polites era during which we had direct access to Ford management and could check rumours first hand - even if sometimes the answer had to be translated by reading between the lines. Since that time we have had to gain our information from anonymous insiders mixed with some tea-leaf reading.

On the positive side is the fact that we have gained a direct contact within Ford where we can ask these questions cohesively although that needs to be tempered with the knowledge that some things will always be kept quiet for corporate reasons.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #35
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

No worries Russ and thanks for the clarification, kudos on re establishing the link to Ford....

And tell Spooly not to fret, even if the message is incorrect shooting the messenger is still bad form.......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #36
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

spooly spooly spooly,,,thanks for the nightmares i had last night,,dreamt someone took all my cars
sprint347dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #37
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

at least Ford Australia has 4 more years now.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #38
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Thanks for the update russellw. Great news that you now have a direct contact at Ford.
Old 29-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #39
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Thanks for the update russellw. Great news that you now have a direct contact at Ford.
Agreed. Let's hope we see a more open and forthcoming FOA.
Old 29-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #40
Rodge
Banned

Thanks Russ. Lets be done with any future speculative threads, its been done to death allready.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #41
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
From DRIVE 28/06/2012

The 315kW supercharged V8 used in the GS would have to meet stricter Ford reliability standards if the car were to wear Falcon XR8 badging.
Sorry but how has the GS been proven to be unreliable? It's the same motor as the GT, so wtf?
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #42
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Great update and good long term outcome. A closer tie with Ford can only mean that so called "inside" information can be confirmed. This can only be a good thing for the forum. Go hard Ford!

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #43
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza
Sorry but how has the GS been proven to be unreliable? It's the same motor as the GT, so wtf?
Don't worry about it, it's just Drivel pulling more non-existent facts out of their .

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin

Last edited by SpoolMan; 29-06-2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: poor word chioce.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #44
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkymofo
Good to hear

Not really helpful, and is it even true?
FPV's have to pass every single durability test as every other Ford on the planet.

And just remember that previous FPV's were badged as Fords, it hasn't somehow changed just because they now put FPV badges on them, they have always had to pass the same tests and still do. Why do some people think it takes so long to get things like wider tyres on sale, from what i've heard it takes close to 18 months-2 years to get things from drawing board to production, every change has to be put through all the One Ford testing again.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #45
robbo/region15

[quote=Bossxr8]FPV's have to pass every single durability test as every other Ford on the planet.

And just remember that previous FPV's were badged as Fords, it hasn't somehow changed just because they now put FPV badges on them, they have always had to pass the same tests and still do. Why do some people think it takes so long to get things like wider tyres on sale,

Plus the rest!!!
Initialy you need to get through the PPAT,add to that FMEA,Add to that change of suplier etc...........
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #46
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If this aint damage control from Ford (I bet there are some insiders twitching in their seats as well) I'll eat my PC.
Yesterdays news may have cut way to close to the bone.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #47
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
If this aint damage control from Ford (I bet there are some insiders twitching in their seats as well) I'll eat my PC.
You might be onto something. But lets just leave it at that before another 'skys falling in' rumour starts.
I'm happy to believe what Russell has posted until such time as another official statement has been made by FPV.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #48
spyvidman
Starter Motor

i have seen a black supercharged falcon testing at the you yangs a couple weeks ago. an it sounds awesome a quite loud.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0371.JPG (122.8 KB, 192 views)
spyvidman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #49
robbo/region15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
Maybe,but you never get inside news from within Broady as they are kept in the dark too,albeit Barry rd or the bus park building further up the road,add to that Futuris,Dana ,Continental volumes there receiving is minimal,its all here say,we can speculate as much as we want ,but will never see the Joe Frazier Left Hook coming....
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #50
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT
FORD read last nights thread that was closed and the Forum Members angst and the comment of them not being as transparent as they could be, for Consumers and Australian Business Community, has prompted them to personally phone Russell this morning. He is in Melbourne busy working but will be posting tonight with the summary of his talks this morning. It would be inappropriate for me to comment but he will do so when home in his usual factual and direct way.

I do know that they want us all onside and Russell now has direct contact with them anytime it is needed.

This is IMO a great move forward and a positive step from FORD who recognise that the AFF is one of the main players in their support network. Good on them!

Gaela
Wow. That is just great to see that Ford Australia recognizes the passionate community. And it makes me that bit more proud and privileged to be a member of this forum. I'm sure that there isn't a man or woman here who wouldn't have an idea to brainstorm, or time and effort to volunteer to help Ford Aus save our beloved Falcon. We may be only able to do things in a focus group/survey kind of way, or perhaps in other ways. But we'd all be glad volunteers I'm sure.

Maybe FoA can spare one Falcon for AFF's members on a community build, like what Nissan is doing in the U.S. Then sell it for charity at shannons or something. Or display it at AIMS?

Anyway... I'm ranting, enough of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Why do some people think it takes so long to get things like wider tyres on sale, from what i've heard it takes close to 18 months-2 years to get things from drawing board to production, every change has to be put through all the One Ford testing again.
My comment can be attributed to hindsight, but engineers are supposed to account for these kinds of things.

If you're adding more power, how will the traction/grip, and stopping power be affected? Wider tyres should have come with the new engine.

Last edited by Buntz; 30-06-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Buntz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2012, 02:00 AM   #51
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Good evening

It's unfortunately one of the issues we have faced since the Geoff Polites era during which we had direct access to Ford management and could check rumours first hand - even if sometimes the answer had to be translated by reading between the lines. Since that time we have had to gain our information from anonymous insiders mixed with some tea-leaf reading.

On the positive side is the fact that we have gained a direct contact within Ford where we can ask these questions cohesively although that needs to be tempered with the knowledge that some things will always be kept quiet for corporate reasons.

Cheers
Russ
Thanks for the update Russ, I fondly remember the hype and the buzz we had here at AFF in the early BA days, when Geoff Polites used to grace us with his input. Used to even checkup on delivery dates of member cars. These were proud days.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2012, 02:06 AM   #52
morak001
460 - cubes torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000
or find a leak in their office perhaps with some mis- information?
I was thinking this...
morak001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2012, 02:11 AM   #53
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashie
Thanks for the update Russ, I fondly remember the hype and the buzz we had here at AFF in the early BA days, when Geoff Polites used to grace us with his input. Used to even checkup on delivery dates of member cars. These were proud days.
Sadly I wasn't here for that time. But even more sad is Geoff is no longer with us. FoA could use someone like him right now.
Old 30-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #54
Venomous1
5.0 means business

Thumbs up Re: Ford Australia public affairs director Sinead Phipps told Drive: “We have no plans to

Thanks for the heads up Russel.

Dearest FOA -

"Take note killing names and dictating what your customers should buy
will only alienate your customer".

Some simple tips:

Revive XR8 return the XR8 Ute.(315 kw)

Keep GS have 2 colours exclusive to GS. Bigger rims Std & optional Brembo's. Change badging to 335kw.

Remove GT-P Make regular GT the GT-P.
Change badging on 335 to a more realistic 351.

Return Super Pursuit Ute using facia from F6 utes. GS engine.
Scrap Gs Ute (Xr8 replaces)

Other than that your vehicles are great pieces of engineering a true Blue Aussie effort.
Old 30-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #55
Mr_4.0
What Wheelspin?

Deleted...

2003 BA Xr6 Turbo (Atomic Long, DTM auto, Nizpro stage2 kit, eaton truetrac, E85, HeadsexTuned)

Last edited by Mr_4.0; 30-06-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Deleted
Mr_4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #56
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous1
Thanks for the heads up Russel.

Dearest FOA -

"Take note killing names and dictating what your customers should buy
will only alienate your customer".

Some simple tips:

Revive XR8 return the XR8 Ute.(315 kw)

Keep GS have 2 colours exclusive to GS. Bigger rims Std & optional Brembo's. Change badging to 335kw.

Remove GT-P Make regular GT the GT-P.
Change badging on 335 to a more realistic 351.

Return Super Pursuit Ute using facia from F6 utes. GS engine.
Scrap Gs Ute (Xr8 replaces)

Other than that your vehicles are great pieces of engineering a true Blue Aussie effort.
and I sya again bring back Fairmont and Fairmont Ghia..but cann't use Ghia. Titanaium.. Titanium makes more sense than G6E.. Buyers know what they are..Just like BMW buyers know what a 3/5/7etc series are
Old 30-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #57
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
and I sya again bring back Fairmont and Fairmont Ghia..but cann't use Ghia. Titanaium.. Titanium makes more sense than G6E.. Buyers know what they are..Just like BMW buyers know what a 3/5/7etc series are
Do you honestly think that because Ford sell G6E's instead of Fairmont Ghia's they are deciding to go and buy suv's or Focus, Mazda3's.. et al.. instead?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #58
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for clearing it up russ

Just a thought here russ

maybe we could use the moderated thread for topics that are only hearsay with no news artical to back them up

going from memory that thread/sub forum needs to have all the post's checked from yourself or other admin

now that you have a contact at Ford Au before the thread is posted you can check out the riliability of what the person is trying to post up I know that it will make more work you guys but it should keep things at bay till you can look into them

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #59
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Do you honestly think that because Ford sell G6E's instead of Fairmont Ghia's they are deciding to go and buy suv's or Focus, Mazda3's.. et al.. instead?
What I meant was, people know what a Fairmont is..ask anyone, do you know what a G6 or G6E is,and you will get a blank look...
Old 30-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #60
RASER
Banned

Smile Re: Ford Australia public affairs director Sinead Phipps told Drive: “We have no plans to

Quote:

Ford and FPV have been slow to recoup the $40 million investment in the supercharged V8 upgrade introduced in the GT Falcon in October 2010.
Who is doing the figures at HQ?

$40 million, bet they wish now they never did that now

At a high exchange rate, they could AND SHOULD have [like they will in the future] just imported the 5.8 SuperCharged V8 from the Mustang Shelby GT500

Would have cost bugger all v the $40 million wasted.

Perhaps the 5.8 Supercharged donk will find a home in a limited edition Falcon coming out in the future........
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post