Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 17-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #31
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one of the xr6 turbo cop cars here was hiding behind a tree down the road one arvo, i rode down there and watched him, he let this van get past him by about 150metres then smoked it up and held it, i heard it hit rev limiter every gear until about 4th, so you guys work that out how quick he was going, and he hit a big patch of gravel about 100metres long and was still holding it, its not just p platers that speed.
Old 17-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #32
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote mk3
Could have just said "young motorist", nah P-PLATER grabs your attention more.
A better term - ex P plater, because now he can't drive at all.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 17-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #33
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jesus im amazed at the comments which keep coming... you all realise Police are allowed to speed in order to catch a crook? Just like they are allowed to make illegal u-turns, talk on a mobile phone (if work related).......

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 17-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #34
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Jesus im amazed at the comments which keep coming... you all realise Police are allowed to speed in order to catch a crook? Just like they are allowed to make illegal u-turns, talk on a mobile phone (if work related).......
Sorry for being blunt, what makes a cop better than me for talking on mobile "if work related".
Old 17-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #35
CODSASR

Quote:

so because he has a badge and a set of flashing lights he is the safest driver on the road haha yea right.

its like here in town its 60 down the main road about 3 times a week I get caught behind a cop car doing 30 I overtook them once and got pulled over he thretend to charge me for hoon driving I told him if he wasnt going so slow I wouldnt need to overtake him.

I am a security guard and do patrols in the early morning about a week ago on the same road at around 3am I had a divi van overtake me I guess he was doing about 90km/h in the same 60 zone no lights or sirens which I thought was a no go but who am I to accuse the police of being "hoon" drivers

2012 SZ TS Territory
Old 17-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #36
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
its okey to do 160kmh as long as you get pulled over, right? lol

No cause the OP will start another thread on someone speeding.

We need a sticky moron speeding thread.
Old 17-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #37
GT-E

What the P Plater was allegedly doing is dangerous and he deserved to be caught, however the police officer driving home, would have most likely not been in a police car, and also unlikely to be currently pursuit trainied as he is a detective. He should have just called up the local highway patrol to persue the driver and book him, not take on a pursuit himself.
2 Wrongs do not make a right. IF the cop was not in a police car then any speed estimation would be invalid unless he has a lot of experience as a highway patrol, as there needs to be undisputable proof of his speed.
It seems that any "Hooning" offence is instantly guilty for the driver with out any due justice.
Old 17-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #38
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper69S
I didn’t read his point as excusing the speeding. The reality is that while doing 170kph on a freeway is illegal (hence the fine and loss of licence), and statistically raises the probability of a crash, under some circumstances (eg when there is no other traffic around) doing that sort of speed on a freeway requires no special skill and isn’t really likely to result in a crash unless there is some kind of mechanical failure (unlikely) or the bloke suffers a seizure or something (also unlikely). The media like to give the impression that once you’re over 110 a car becomes near impossible to keep on the road, and that it’s some kind of miracle that he survived the ordeal, which is rubbish. The immediate reaction of “outrage” as soon as they mention a speed of 170, with no other details availlable about the circumstances of it, is unnecessary.

not justifying his behaviour in any way. he broke the law and paid the penalty.
Thank you, yes that is exactly what I meant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote mk3
Also, doing that sort of speed in certain cases whilst it is illegal, it is not necessarily going to kill everyone. However it all depends on the circumstances.
Maybe to make that clearer it should have read.

"While doing that sort of speed is illegal, it is not necessarily going to kill everyone."

Put into perspective; I would rather overtake 2 cars and a caravan travelling at 95 kp/h, at a speed of 170 then 105.
Not because I am young and want to "feel the rush" If that was the case i would go 15 mins down the road to lakeside.
I want to do it because it means getting off the wrong side of the road faster.
I know it is illegal, and I am not questioning that; what I am saying is I think it is safer. You can disagree if you want, I am just stating my opinion.

But yes, as I stated before, my comments were more about leaving out information in the article and leaving the reader can make up there own mind "P-PLATER, OMG 170 HE SHOULD BE SHOT."

My question, would we be hearing about this if it was a 40 year old guy?
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie

Last edited by Coyote mk3; 17-02-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 17-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #39
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
certain cases? Er.... its illegal full stop. you sound like your trying to justify his high speed?
What sort of circumstances?
P platers make up a quarter of crashes and most because they think they are indestructable... so again, what excuse? what circumstances?

Bat mobile was chasing him. I dont mean the old crappy one, the new one. Imagine that chasing you, im sure doing 160kmh would be ok and ringing the loved ones to tell them he loved them.
Old 17-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #40
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
mate, if you're a cop, your not making a real flash case for them.

it's like saying that's it's ok for a cop to steal a carton because the sarg' is retiring and the party's at the cop shop, so it's work related...sounds stupid doesn't it ?

almost as stupid as trying to justify the illegal actions of police offers on our roads...
Closed Thread