Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #31
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Other than a traditional run in the Aussie coupe, I'll enjoy the day with family, friends and neighbours.
I'm not Australian, but this country is now my home and has looked after me well for the past 8 years. I will return the hospitality shown by celebrating Australia Day in a manner becoming Australians......if I see someone ****ed, draped in the Aussie flag causing trouble, I'll run him over

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #32
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I don't understand why people feel the need to say how many generations their family's have been in Oz for. Being eligible for an Aussie passport is being Australian enough for me. You can't be more Australian than another Australian I reckon.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #33
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I'm a proud Aussie on Australia day, I raise a flag off the side of the gazebo and enjoy a BBQ, beers, a swim and a good catch-up with friends and family somewhere on a friendly beach.
Wish i could do the same mate Australia should be a proper public holiday ie along the lines of Christmas day. Ill be at work slaving away it really does get my goat that our national day isnt a proper holiday for me.
Old 20-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #34
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
counting all aussi gear wear'ers and counting the most likely small minority of trouble makers and tarninshing us all with the same brush is a bit unfair..

Yes a small minority do ruin it.. BUT!..

same can be said of idiot drivers compared to "Enthusiasts"..
If you are referring to my comments then you should probably go back and have another read. 'Most of the idiots that get into fights were wearing some form of the flag' is not the same as 'Most of the people wearing some form of the flag are fighting idiots'. And for the record, that is only based on my experiences not a broad statement covering everyone.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #35
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
In your Australian made Pajero cobber?

I heard a story that Pajero was spanish for.........something to do with abusing people for no reason other than they don't fit in with a narrow myopic mindset.
Saw a bike once for sale which had been airbrushed with the spirit of the Anzac's. Just a shame that his choice of bike was a Japanese make.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #36
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I hope Aus day this year in Bris, or any of the flooded regions to sit down have an ale... Continue the good will of recent, even a pat on the back or just time to ponder 'mate ship'....

We have just seen what being Australian is all about and with a day to ponder and recollect just around the corner I hope alot of Qld'ers do exactly that

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #37
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Tibbo's on the money.

I have no firm plans, but I will be enjoying a beer or three with friends and family.

Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #38
Low006
Formerly "BOOFHEAD"

I wonder how many out there know exactly what this Australia Day is. Alot only look at the Public Holiday aspect. Hmmmm another free day off without the sickie lost.

"It's only a Pinhole!" XP resto(SOLD)
Low006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #39
Fled74
The Thread Killa

My Ford was made in Germany - does that make me "un-Australian"?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #40
zdcol71
zdcol71

I'm getting a southern cross tattooed on one side of my neck, and on the other side, my post code.
OOPS, Sorry, that's off topic.
Old 21-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #41
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
I don't understand why people feel the need to say how many generations their family's have been in Oz for. Being eligible for an Aussie passport is being Australian enough for me. You can't be more Australian than another Australian I reckon.
Just more of the usual one upmanship crap....

Me? i'm going to the Maldives...

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #42
LANKY 1
Are the Supercars on yet?

I'll be going back to my hometown of Waikerie. they put on a pretty good show on Aus day Eve. fireworks, sideshows, live band, food... all on the Footy oval. me friends and I usualy set up a spot in the carpark next to it with our utes and couches and we have a great time (cheaper)!

V8 dreamteam
1st: 2012, 2021
2nd: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2022, 2023
3rd: 2014, 2018, 2019
LANKY 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #43
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low006
I wonder how many out there know exactly what this Australia Day is. Alot only look at the Public Holiday aspect. Hmmmm another free day off without the sickie lost.
Yeah of course. Day off work. Would prefer it fell on a Friday so i could have a 3 day long weekend. As for the reason for the day, I'm not patriotic enough to care eitherway and couldn't care less how people celebrate it. Just another day to me.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #44
zdcol71
zdcol71

"Saw a bike once for sale which had been airbrushed with the spirit of the Anzac's. Just a shame that his choice of bike was a Japanese make"

"Yeah of course. Day off work. Would prefer it fell on a Friday so i could have a 3 day long weekend. As for the reason for the day, I'm not patriotic enough to care eitherway and couldn't care less how people celebrate it. Just another day to me."

Bucknaked... you are seemingly getting your Anzac Day, and Australia Day blurred.
I think the spirit behind the celebration of both days is similar though the historical reasoning behind each is different, (though I'm sure many would not see it that way).
I think it's a shame you don't care either way, but I guess both days are celebrated because you are able to do exactly just that.
May I suggest that this post is moved from the Pub to somewhere it can run it's (inevitable) course, it is totally off topic,...
just to bring it back on line, my ute will be full with gurney, mops etc, and maybe a couple of slabs, back on the clean up.
Old 21-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #45
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just gonna go down to cronulla and start a riot
TheZHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #46
Powermonger
Starter Motor

The true spirit of Australia Day should be out for everyone to see this year.
With 75% of Qld a disaster zone - lets spare a thought for those who can't get out to the beach this year, get boozed up, dress up in their wonderfull baggy boardies, and all the the other things that have been mentioned in this post who insted will be knee deep in mud cleaning out their garages where their toys once were stored....
Powermonger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #47
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVwannabe
J I hope this thread doesn't turn into a Aussie or non Aussie bashing thread. I'm not from Cronulla in Sydney, but the business owners i deal with there still feel shame about what happened. Lets move on, enjoy the day anyway you like (stickers, flags, getting ****ed if ya want) and be thankful of a free day of work, well for most of us
Really? When I visited last year, I saw the flag draped from balconies, and displayed in many a Cronulla 'corner shop' shop window. More flags displayed per head than other places. (Probably as 'protection' more than love???).

See also Manly.

Those folk are holding onto an Australia that once was, up till Caldwell anyhow, it'll never return and will change - much further. Noticed SBS TV's "Immigration Nation" series effectively blamed the white Australia policy for Japanese WW2 militarisim, they being a proud race and all. Gotta love PC.
http://www.sbs.com.au/immigrationnation/

Wife bought two of those Made in PRC Aussie flag thingy's you stick on car windows. - Told her I ain't driving it that day;- less either Harold Scruby in his AUSFLAG guise vandalises her Mondeo for showing that horrible 'British thing' :-) Or some unhappy non-Aussie person does so. These flag things replaced her XMAS deer antlers.

FF is a car forum, these are sensitive topics nowadays.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #48
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

I dont plan to do anything to my car. I celebrate Australia Day in my own way; by sitting at home & bludging all day with a high BAC. And isnt that what its all about?
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #49
FPVF6X201
Formerly FPVwannabe

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Slotted front rotors for the TTG write-up and pics. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Really? When I visited last year, I saw the flag draped from balconies, and displayed in many a Cronulla 'corner shop' shop window. More flags displayed per head than other places. (Probably as 'protection' more than love???).

Yes they ae still proud to be Aussie, and show it, but ashamed of what happened just the same.

Stani, your a di*#head.
FPVF6X201 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 01:42 AM   #50
BHDOGS
Banned

Is there anybody who isnt going to be drinking alcohol on Australia day or is that all Australia has become a country were you drink for any reason.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 01:58 AM   #51
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
Is there anybody who isnt going to be drinking alcohol on Australia day or is that all Australia has become a country were you drink for any reason.
I'll drink to that!

Oh wai...
Old 22-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #52
prydey
Rob

australia day = cricket at adelaide oval.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #53
bartaxr8

Default Make sure you play this music clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d23wF...eature=related
bartaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #54
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Just another day at work for me unfortunately. Wish i could get the day off to spend with family.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #55
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

ill be spending at the big day out.
what better way to spend it than listening to tool and dead letter circus!!!!!!!!!!!
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #56
mrfordfairmont
351 clevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY

Couple beers out in the sun down at the local cricket club watching the Aussie day 20/twenty round robin comp
good idea but it will leak out
you need to get a pvc pool liner and put in there then it won't leak and will ast longer

2004 territory ghia
click here for pics
work daily ke laser ghia RIP
click here for pics
Daily EF II fairmont wagon RIP
click here for pics
XD 351 clevo lowered
click here for pics

thanks to
p.e.a.c.h performance at stafford
http://www.peachperformance.com
mrfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #57
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I'll hopefully have the LTD out, decked in flags like I used to do to the AU, with nothing but Aussie rock cranked on the stereo as I cruise the beaches with a grin on my face.

Including http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA8gJoT5yl4

Bring on 'straya day!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #58
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
unfortunately its getting more and more like that every year.
Old 22-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #59
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

Lets try and stay away from the Australians bashing Australians about bashing other cultures crap. Back on topic.......

My Australia Day will be spent at a mates place hooning around the paddocks in his old Nissan Pulsar (painted Matte Black today)
Getting an inflatable pool to lounge around in while we take turns racing around the made up racetrack, set up a few gazebos, listen to JJJ hottest 100 hundred and have a few bevvos ( not because we have to, because we want too...)
Hopefully the weather holds up, bloody great day!
Old 22-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #60
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Somehow putting an Aussie flag on my German Fiesta seems weird?

More than likely I'll be watching a Kiwi made show on my Korean TV, while listening to a British artist who produced their music on Japanese hardware, then I'll drive my German made car to lunch where the BBQ was made in Thailand, I'll answer my phone designed in the US but made in China and then compliment someone on their stubble cooler that came from India.

At least the beer will be Australian...