Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #31
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
South Africa will ramp up to about 200,000/year Rangers,
I think that covers most of the region.
Thailand is building BT-50 for Mazda.

He's not ready to discuss Lincoln yet.

If Lincoln needs dedicated platforms to survive, I don't think Ford will be interested,
Ford rid itself of Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo and Aston Martin, I doubt they want to remake Lincoln
into that lot..the cost versus return on dedicated high series platforms is horrendous,
something Tata is learning about.
I think there might be another location to consider.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #32
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Here's an article from Detroit News, with the relevant paragraph:

http://detnews.com/article/20100928/...y-be-cut-to-25

They have the terms confused, but yes, this is about platforms. There is definitely scope in there for an ongoing Falcon/Territory involvement.
I respectfully disagree. He is definitely talking about models not platforms, he even refers to them as 20 'brands' which in car-speak means a model name like Camry or Corolla.

1. figo
2. ka
3. fiesta
4. focus
5. kuga
6. B-Max
7. mondeo
8. fusion
9. Edge
10. taurus
11. ranger
12. Everest
13. mustang
14. F150
15. F- super duty
16. E- Series
17. Flex
18. transit
19. Galaxy
20. explorer
21. transit connect
22. S-max
23. Bantam
24. Expedition
25. C-Max

Maybe add in a couple of Chinese specific cars.

I am assuming the Escape in the US will eventually be taken over by the Kuga, so I havnt put it in in my list. I also havnt included the Sportka or rumoured Puma or Capri.

You will probably see the E-series van going with maybe Transit taking over in North America. Fusion may be combined with Mondeo.

I havnt included any heavy-duty Ford commercials and I havnt included some South American models or any asian specific models as I assume they will die. Bantam may also not live on. There is also talk of making a new GT sports car which would increase my list but I havnt included it as its just a rumour.

If there is going to be 20 you will need to cull 7 or so Fords from my list so the Falcon and Territory can fit in. Maybe cut 9 or 10 from my list to account for any new models or ones I havnt included. If the business case stacks up Falcon and Territory have just as much right to be on that list than any other Ford.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #33
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I can't see how they would ever get to 20 given the breadth of market segments they need to cover and the differences is markets eg China, India and South America - unless they want to rename Figo as Fiesta for example.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post