Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #31
focusfumes
Starter Motor

Default Ford Focus TDCI LT .... ugly exhaust smoke out the back

Hi there, just wondering if anyone that owns a Ford Focus TDCI LT 2008 has noticed plumes of good old diesel smoke bellowing out the exhaust? ... It starts around the 2500 rpm mark ever so slightly getting progressively worse throughout the rev range around the 3000 to 3500 mark when it is very noticeable particularly at night in the cars headlights behind .... I have owned the car for 3 weeks now brought it through a dealer (X ford exec demo 17,000km on the clock in smicko condition and it had it's 15,000 service when I picked it up) .... don't get me wrong I don't thrash the living christ out of it but at times you need to give it a bit for what ever reason and this is what I get ! ....... I know that diesels tend to chug a bit of smoke but is this normal for a vehicle of it's age and technology I guess is what I am asking?
focusfumes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #32
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine does not blow smoke but its only done 11.000klm but most driving is under 2400 rpm
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #33
jayjays
Starter Motor

Mine blows smoke mate, I actually started a new thread regarding this a few weeks back if you want to have a look at the replys. I rang 2 seperate dealers to see what they'd say and both gave me the same answer and that was that it is perfectly normal.
jayjays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #34
BrisVegas
Noobie

petrol engine here, but had my 60,000km service done yesterday. $380 which seemed like a lot, but later realised it's the 'B' service which included new plugs, air & fuel filters etc.. I guess diesels would be a bit cheaper for this as they don't need $100 worth of platinum plugs!
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #35
BrisVegas
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
petrol engine here, but had my 60,000km service done yesterday. $380 which seemed like a lot, but later realised it's the 'B' service which included new plugs, air & fuel filters etc.. I guess diesels would be a bit cheaper for this as they don't need $100 worth of platinum plugs!
got my 75,000km service done yesterday at Denmac Ford Darra (Brisbane). $242 including replacing brake fluid. Pretty impressed actually, as they didn't try to upsell me into new wiper blades, brake pads, rotors etc etc... The replaced a missing clip on my side skirt and checked the car over pretty well i think. My brakes are still fine and wearing evenly apparently, after 75k! I replaced the tyres with Potenza Adrenalins at 70k.

Interestingly, Denmac called me recently and asked me why I haven't been getting my car serviced with them (I go to Ultra Tune typically) and I said it was because they were not even close to competitive on price. They asked me what I was paying and they agreed that they couldn't do it for what Ultra Tune was charging. But anyway, they said they'd do the 75k service for $280 instead of the RRP of $380 ish to try and get me to consider them. I was happy to pay a "bit" extra (Ultra Tune wanted $225) to go to Ford again while the car is still under warranty, just in case there were any big issues found etc..

As my car is leased through SGFleet I get a pretty good fleet discount on servicing through Ford and the final price must have been closer to $200, given that they did the brake fluid change too. The service guy said the fleet discount brought the price back to what he pays as a staff member. Although I don't necessarily believe him, I'll take the discount anyway!

My car is off-lease in January, so I'll prob go back to ultra tune in the long run as their RRP prices are heaps better and I won't be eligible for the fleet pricing any more... (unless I lease a Territory, but that's a whole new story).
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #36
wizamc

Good to hear you had a good run with your Ford dealer. I havn't been bothered looking at UltraTune, as the guys down at Harrigan Ford (Yallah) have been pretty good, and actually change the same figure as most other services in the area (A grade service is $280, B Grade service $380) and they will actually drop me off home while the service is being done... its that little bit that helps alot (helps that they all know me by name too).

I was quoted my 120K at $460, but was only charged $380, though I still need a brake fluid change, but everything else is fine... was shocked when they told me I still had another 3 services left in brake life considering all the other stories I've heard hear about brakes.
wizamc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post