Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #31
290v
290v

you are lucky to get a warning in Adelaide my daughter parked her Festiva two wheels ontop of the gutter concrete but din't touch the grass coped a $43.00 fine first off no warning
290v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #32
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BOOST
Hey not all of frankston is scumy thank you very much!
It's only a very small part, 'the north'.

I hate hearing this. Not half a km away from the CBD of Frankston there are multi million doller houses and lots of them. You'll have trouble finding a house in the south for under half a million.
When Tom Cruise and Nicole were together they were looking for a house to buy on olivers hill (1km from the centre of Frankston)

We were voted the best town in the world 4 years ago (i think it was the same year melbourne was voted the best city in the world)
Has your area had this type of recognition??
It's a joke mate :P

But hey, the yarra valley does have a lot of class, apparently.. And i've got million dollar houses just down the road!
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #33
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van D
It's a joke mate :P

But hey, the yarra valley does have a lot of class, apparently.. And i've got million dollar houses just down the road!
$700,000 worth of cocaine inside a $300,000 house does not equal a million dollar house.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #34
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
$700,000 worth of cocaine inside a $300,000 house does not equal a million dollar house.
Oh?

*takes house off market*
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Old 18-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #35
blk_frmnt
ẶЦ ╒ǻІґмΩאַâ€*

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BOOST
Hey not all of frankston is scumy thank you very much!
It's only a very small part, 'the north'.

I hate hearing this. Not half a km away from the CBD of Frankston there are multi million doller houses and lots of them. You'll have trouble finding a house in the south for under half a million.
When Tom Cruise and Nicole were together they were looking for a house to buy on olivers hill (1km from the centre of Frankston)

We were voted the best town in the world 4 years ago (i think it was the same year melbourne was voted the best city in the world)
Has your area had this type of recognition??
It's okay in Frankston, don't be insecure. j/k.

Quote:
and LOL.
blk_frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 10:05 PM   #36
alstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I would have warned the bastards they are trespassing on private property and ask them to leave oh so politely!
And I would have booked you on the spot then and there. The warning was a courtesy. Have a thought for the child, elderly person or even the jogger wearing an ipod who dashes out onto the road because the nature strip is blocked and gets run over by a car.

I'm not having a go at you, I'm just reminding everyone that most laws are put in place for a reason.
2014 - 2014: AUII Futura SR
2015 - 2015: Kawasaki Ninja 650RL
2016 - 2016: Kawasaki Ninja 300
2018 - 2018: VZ Holden Commodore
2019: FG G6 Falcon
alstar5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #37
blk_frmnt
ẶЦ ╒ǻІґмΩאַâ€*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstar5
And I would have booked you on the spot then and there. The warning was a courtesy. Have a thought for the child, elderly person or even the jogger wearing an ipod who dashes out onto the road because the nature strip is blocked and gets run over by a car.

I'm not having a go at you, I'm just reminding everyone that most laws are put in place for a reason.
Oh gimme a break... The guy who parked the car is responsible for the jogger getting run over? If the jogger can't see the road, he should slow down and look before he crosses, the guy who parked the car shouldn't have to anticipate every conceivable circumstance that might arrise from his parking on the nature strip!

From reading this thread, if I had a nature strip at my place, I'd be parking on it 24/7 just out of spite. What a load of rubbish. I think we should also ban all fires in fireplaces. Think of the birds that could become disoriented in the smoke and crash into telephone poles...
Old 18-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #38
alstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_frmnt
Oh gimme a break... The guy who parked the car is responsible for the jogger getting run over?
If the vehicle is parked illegally, yep. :
Old 18-11-2007, 10:31 PM   #39
blk_frmnt
ẶЦ ╒ǻІґмΩאַâ€*

Quote:
If the vehicle is parked illegally, yep. :
We're not talking about parking your car in the middle of a 110kph highway here...it's parked off the road, on the grass. If some idiot jogger runs past the car without pausing to look for oncoming cars and gets creamed...he got was coming to him.
Old 18-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #40
alstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_frmnt
We're not talking about parking your car in the middle of a 110kph highway here...it's parked off the road, on the grass. If some idiot jogger runs past the car without pausing to look for oncoming cars and gets creamed...he got was coming to him.
Look mate, I'm not going to go back and forth arguing each individual point and therefore this will be my last post on this thread.

Your right, the vehicle isn't parked on a 110km/h highway. It's parked on the nature strip blocking access to pedestrians and causing them to walk on the road instead of the footpath, thereby increasing the chance of them getting hit by an oncomming vehicle using the road.

You could argue all day long that the driver of the car should have been more alert and braked etc. but at the end of the day a law has been put in place to allow for the majority to walk safely off the road by keeping nature strips clear of parked cars. It's not your opinion that matters in this case, it's the law and it was enforced correctly. In fact, the Ranger's have gone out of their way in this case to caution the vehicle owner - this is alot more than most councils would have done and proves in this case that it is not about "revenue raising" rather than keeping the nature strip clear.
Old 18-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #41
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
I dont own a lawn mower, I pay council rates, its their land, so I ring the council 5 star generals and say "come mow the wheat outside my house, its harvest time." and they come and mow it after 2 weeks of trying to work out how to start the mower. In the meantime the nature strip gains a lovely collection of snakes, giant spiders and viet cong who seem to keep the school children population down.

Its win win.
I could be that funny but i CBF typing as much as that^^^^. Your level of commitment is inspiring.
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 10:47 PM   #42
LUXO_8
windsor user

now hang on,

how can parking on the nature strip block pedestrian access they have this thing called a footpath......theres a big difference between parking on the path and parking on the nature strip........ you know, that bit of grass between the FOOTPATH and the ROAD
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 11:16 PM   #43
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

My nature strip could hold two house blocks. The local council does mow it though, had to laugh when our neighbour mowed his last weekend, only the the council to come by a couple of days later...

Our other neighbour parked his double-B semi on his nature strip, and got it bogged during the last bit of rain. Made a real mess of the strip though.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #44
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
I could be that funny but i CBF typing as much as that^^^^. Your level of commitment is inspiring.
uncle forgives you.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 18-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #45
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:

Your not the same bloke that tried that with me in Mt Dandenong are you? I gave 3 warnings, after the 3rd I reserved my right to protect my property and removed you myself.

Not my fault you disturbed my afternoon viewing of Cops and Road Wars.

The fine was well worth the look of terror on your face, or was that your jocks riding half way up your back?

It is a small world... hahaha
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #46
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont you have more important things to do like catching stray dogs.
Ranger danger lol.....
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #47
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Your not the same bloke that tried that with me in Mt Dandenong are you? I gave 3 warnings, after the 3rd I reserved my right to protect my property and removed you myself.

Not my fault you disturbed my afternoon viewing of Cops and Road Wars.

The fine was well worth the look of terror on your face, or was that your jocks riding half way up your back?

It is a small world... hahaha
did the ranger look like this Gary?

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 19-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #48
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

If He did I would have invited him inside for rub down and a re shoe!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 12:08 AM   #49
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If He did I would have invited him inside for rub down and a re shoe!
Hang on, I though YOU were the "Loan Arranger".......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 12:14 AM   #50
rodderz

Quote:

I would call that irresposible on the pedestrians behalf on using an Ipod or walkman when planning on crossing a road used by cars, thats just as dangerous as a driver using it, which is illegal.

Not only that but most nature strips have bushy trees and shrubs which block views also, lift up concrete paths and invade pipeworks.

The laws these days seem to cater for the idiots who have no responsibilities or their actions. Drivers need too watch for pedestrians but pedestrians need to watch for cars too
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 12:53 AM   #51
blk_frmnt
ẶЦ ╒ǻІґмΩאַâ€*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
The laws these days seem to cater for the idiots who have no responsibilities or their actions. Drivers need too watch for pedestrians but pedestrians need to watch for cars too
This is what alstar5 doesn't understand, and probably never will. Let him be safe and happy drowning in endless ridiculous legislation.

/my contribution to this thread.
Old 19-11-2007, 02:10 PM   #52
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

can they book you for being on the 'nature' strip if you concrete it? I guess they'd have to prove that you concreted it, but if you shrug and say 'it was there one day!' then hey, free carpark

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #53
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDZ
can they book you for being on the 'nature' strip if you concrete it? I guess they'd have to prove that you concreted it, but if you shrug and say 'it was there one day!' then hey, free carpark
I know people that have been booked because the car was slighty on the footpath (most was in the small small driveway).
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #54
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the main reason for discouraging cars from parking on the nature strip is so that if the services located underneath (or above, if powerlines) require maintenance, the area is free of obstructions such as a 1.5 ton car.

Hell, I still do it though :P
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #55
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Just to make some more blood boil. :P

On my way home yesterday i counted 14 cars/trucks on the main road on the nature strip.
And on my street another 3 cars parked out on the strip.
All within a 2-3km range.

And on my way home just this arvo, more than half still there, some not even moved from yesterday.

I find it strange the 17 people didn't get the same talking to i got.
Or maybe they just don't care about getting fined.
And it seems to be everyone that usually parks out on the strip, not really uncommon around here.
I just seem to be the only one avoiding a fine.

The Mrs seems to think that maybe the garbage crew might have dobbed me in.
Garbage was picked up friday morning, Rangers on the door step Saturday.
Sort of makes sense.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #56
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Welcome to the world we now live in, where over litigious zealots will race off to their solicitor at the slightest hint of "someone's doin me wrong"..
Where said zealots are pushing public liability insurance premiums through the roof, and clogging up our courts for years with boundry and fence disputes and trip and slip cases...
Where laws are introduced to protect the stupid (and ethically/morally corrupt) from themselves.. and councils and the authorities spend more time protecting their butts (and enforcing rediculous naturestrip laws) from being sued than doing constructive management..

Old 19-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #57
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Look mate, I'm not going to go back and forth arguing each individual point and therefore this will be my last post on this thread.

Your right, the vehicle isn't parked on a 110km/h highway. It's parked on the nature strip blocking access to pedestrians and causing them to walk on the road instead of the footpath, thereby increasing the chance of them getting hit by an oncomming vehicle using the road.

You could argue all day long that the driver of the car should have been more alert and braked etc. but at the end of the day a law has been put in place to allow for the majority to walk safely off the road by keeping nature strips clear of parked cars. It's not your opinion that matters in this case, it's the law and it was enforced correctly. In fact, the Ranger's have gone out of their way in this case to caution the vehicle owner - this is alot more than most councils would have done and proves in this case that it is not about "revenue raising" rather than keeping the nature strip clear.
The nature strip isn't the footpath!!
Old 19-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #58
Bent8
Long live the GT !

This is what happens when the Govt get's too big, it get's greedy when it should remain small and serve/protect the people instead of it's corporate interests...

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #59
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

they tried to do this to us at work, mean while the council parked illegaly in a no standing zone to ticket 3 cars, GM came out to see what the go was, asked if they mowed/watered/maintained the ground, answer was 'no' they were advised to vacate in a few more words :P . lol

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 10:47 PM   #60
alstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
they tried to do this to us at work, mean while the council parked illegaly in a no standing zone to ticket 3 cars
LOL, I know this is beside the point but seeing as I'm the crap stirrer (and the minority) in this thread I may as well go all out. Local Government Law Enforcement vehicles are exempt from No Parking / Standing zones when carrying out the course of their duties (such as infringing a vehicle).