Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #31
zebu

in order of awesomeness according to me
worked 8
worked 6
forced 8
forced 6

nothing alerts the fuzz like the smell of a turbo and we need that sort of attention like a hole in the head

also dicking about with getting it engineered for a turbo so its all nice and legit vs worked 6/8 looking like a stock box when you open the bonnet.

if you do it right, nobody is sure you have done anything at all _2:
zebu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #32
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
Please tell me your not considering an R33?

Make it an R34 or BNR32 GTR both cheap these days!

Or if you want a 4 door still get a JZX100 Chaser (1JZ-GTE VVTI, auto or manuall) or Aristo (2JZ-GTE, auto). That would be my choices.
This thread got me thinking over night. There are a number of nice little R32's around for between 10-15K at the moment, a couple with GTR body kits and sunroofs. I'm a bit bored with my XR8 so might offload it when I'm back in Melbourne to fund a new project. An R32 is looking good. I can get my EF back to stock for use as a beater and maybe even transplant some of the bits like the bigger turbo and FMIC to the R32. Add a nice set of wheels to the equation and for under 20K I've got a solid performer that looks good and is a tonne of fun. Zero cop trouble too.

Sounds like a formula that might work for you TickfordXR.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #33
TickfordXR

Its funny you should mention that.... i think my search is over.. This whole time the answer has been sitting right infront of my face.......... R32 GTR!!!

I even increased my loan today for that reason... Now i just have to find one in really really good condition.

Thanks for all your opinions guys.

LOWXR - Back to stay - Awaiting forged bottom end
TickfordXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #34
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw one farkn nice gunmetal one on carsales for 22K just now
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #35
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickfordXR
Its funny you should mention that.... i think my search is over.. This whole time the answer has been sitting right infront of my face.......... R32 GTR!!!

I even increased my loan today for that reason... Now i just have to find one in really really good condition.

Good stuff mate! Hop on www.skylinesaustralia.com - there's heaps of good info there, and usually a few nice GTR's for sale too.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 12:50 AM   #36
ECOJET

work that 6... look at the power people are getting out out of them with basic parts. god forbid when u put forged rods and pistons in there, port the head, run race fuel and a tumultuous turbo. instant torque then turbo whack that a sub 4litre cannot deliver.
Old 26-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #37
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
This thread got me thinking over night. There are a number of nice little R32's around for between 10-15K at the moment, a couple with GTR body kits and sunroofs. I'm a bit bored with my XR8 so might offload it when I'm back in Melbourne to fund a new project. An R32 is looking good. I can get my EF back to stock for use as a beater and maybe even transplant some of the bits like the bigger turbo and FMIC to the R32. Add a nice set of wheels to the equation and for under 20K I've got a solid performer that looks good and is a tonne of fun. Zero cop trouble too.

Sounds like a formula that might work for you TickfordXR.
Things is if you put a highmount big fuuck off turbo on the R32 then you are basically in the same position as owning a turbo EF/EL if you get EPA'd.

As you would have to remove aftermarket ECU, turbo, injectors etc and replace it with stock gear to pass EPA. Also remembering that Skylines, S13's & 200sx's are constantly targeted by traffic cops. Just something to think about ;)

Depending on your power goal you can get hiflowed stock turbos or replacement turbos that bolt straight on the factory manifold, so it will at least still appear stock.

I have retained the stock twin turbo setup (rebuilt with steel wheels & high flowed) on my JZZ30 and they are good for up to 270-280rwkw before their out of their efficiency range.

Quote:

Good choice mate, now you just have to find the right one. If you can find one with a rebuilt engine or new/reconditioned/aftermarket turbos as there getting pretty old now and having these already done will be a massive bonus as there not cheap to rebuild!
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2007, 12:07 AM   #38
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
Good choice mate, now you just have to find the right one. If you can find one with a rebuilt engine or new/reconditioned/aftermarket turbos as there getting pretty old now and having these already done will be a massive bonus as there not cheap to rebuild!
Either that, or buy one with a stuffed engine. There's been quite a few complied R32 GTR's pop up with blown motors for under 12k - do that, rebuild or go an R33 spec RB26, and you've solved the biggest risk/problem with buying a 32 GTR.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #39
TickfordXR

Well guys ive finally purchased a car..

Its a 5 Speed EL XR6 with a Dev5 Engine.. will give the lowdown shortly.. I have plans to either bolt on a supercharger or turbo set up.

LOWXR - Back to stay - Awaiting forged bottom end
TickfordXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #40
ECOJET

Quote:
Well guys ive finally purchased a car..

Its a 5 Speed EL XR6 with a Dev5 Engine.. will give the lowdown shortly.. I have plans to either bolt on a supercharger or turbo set up.

nice choice.

+ vote on turbo, no broken belts, better power and more adjustable, you cant turn a supercharger up or down.
Old 29-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #41
LiL_Macka
("(O.o)") Fear the EL!!!

Id have to say the turbo six would be the best and coolest option :P

Thats my oppinion though.
Old 30-10-2007, 02:14 AM   #42
Royal Blue
The Mechanic

considering it has a dev5 engine, id supercharge it that way you get to keep your cam. i pretty sure that the DEV5 cam wouldn't respond to well to a turbocharger, but correct me if im wrong.

Dan
Old 30-10-2007, 02:39 AM   #43
streetracer23

how much did it set u back wiv the dev 5 already? and yea id lov to see it turbod thats things gna go hard man good luck
streetracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #44
fritzz

dev5 stuff works very good with turbo
# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - Custom built AU 4L bottom end, Billet Turbos B76-GTS, Nizpro plenum, 6boost manifold, Autronic SM4, Custom billet surecam camshaft, 3x 044 pumps and custom undercar surge tank, Custom 4" exhaust, ID2000 Injectors, 60mm Turbosmart gate, Turbosmart race port bov, , Tremec TKO 600, Cebco 330mm Brakes, 3.7:1 9" diff with billet axles and trutrack center 608rwkw, 9.6sec 1/4mile

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8.5/ 20x10 fairladys
fritzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post