Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-09-2008, 02:30 AM   #31
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

Mark, one of our members is selling an immaculate moded BA XR6T. Run's sub -13's and has the looks to match. And really cheap compared to stock ones. Have a look here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11232124

I would suggest to sell both cars privately if you can, as dealer's offer will probably insult you.

I sold my TOPGIA ten days ago for $9.3K, which I am pretty happy with. After all, it was an 12 years old car with 170000km. E-series are getting old and people just don't wanna pay any money for them, when they can pick-up BA XT's for $6K from auctions.

I'm all over the place as far as natural progression to a next model-up goes. I started with an EBII S-XR6, than ED XR6. Than I skipped straight to BA Fairmont Ghia I6, than back to EFII Fairmont Ghia V8. And now I have a T2 TE50! I just buy a car that I like at a certain point in time, no matter what model or year.

I wouldn't mind an EL GT in Sparkling Burgundy one day

Also on my list: '69 Mustang Fastback in black and XA Hardtop in matt-black hehe

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES

Last edited by XXRR-50; 09-09-2008 at 02:43 AM.
XXRR-50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #32
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
Not the best time to be selling e-series as the market is flooded with them, if you put an un-realistic price on it like most do it wont move them for months.
Exactly. I'm saying goodbye too - just about to sell my EL (povo pack 6), hopefully to my cousin, for about $1500 - which I think is a good price. I've seen heaps of the same as mine for sale around $2500-3000 with about the same km as mine - they just don't sell for months. Nobody wants them. Can't blame them, I got sick of spending $100 a week on fuel - my new car costs less than half of that a week
Old 09-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #33
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF Hoon
well with the way i drive its really bad, its sounds so good its hard not to give it some lol :(
mmm tell me about it. although 6-8 LPHK is really good, i VERY rarely acheive it cos of a similar reason.

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2008, 01:04 AM   #34
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Well I should have the XR by Friday and i am trading both cars in so they are not for sale. Can't wait
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2008, 05:52 AM   #35
montyLalor
Padawan Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_TD
Well I should have the XR by Friday and i am trading both cars in so they are not for sale. Can't wait
What'd they give you for the E's? Just wondering what they're willing to pay as my Missus wants me to trade my EL povo pack in on a BA/BF.

Your fronter manoeuvres with the eloquence of a fiery wall of disintegrating fuselage...
montyLalor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2008, 07:41 AM   #36
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

I not to happy with the trade ins but had no choice. They had to go before I got the new one. I managed to get $4,300 for the LTD and $2,000 for the EB. Could have got more but you have to expect that when trading in
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

Old 10-09-2008, 08:03 AM   #37
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

You got decent prices on both of them. Easy enough to advertise for more privately (and not sell!), but watch how long cars priced that way hang around for.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #38
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Yer thats the thing. If I did sell them Privately I could have got more but would have taken months and I needed them gone before the new one arrived and most people wont buy without RWC either so I think I did the right thing

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)

Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 AM   #39
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I will be going back to the dealership tomorrow with both my cars to see what i would get but I dont like the chances of making 6 between the 2 but we'll see. I will also take pics of it and post them up ASAP.

Thanks also for the Good lucks

Seems you were able to get a touch more than you had hoped for Mark, well done.

Cant wait to see the pics of the new beast ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #40
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Thanks Lisa. I was kinda happy but not with the price of the Trade ins but happy as they reduced the price on the BA to $17, 200 Drive Away cos I was going to bail out of the deal

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)

Old 10-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #41
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Win win then ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #42
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice man, 17k for an xr6t is always good
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #43
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Thanks Lisa. I was kinda happy but not with the price of the Trade ins but happy as they reduced the price on the BA to $17, 200 Drive Away cos I was going to bail out of the deal
Overall you did well dude. Both prices on the e's were very good, and 17k driveaway for an XR6T via a dealership is a great price.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #44
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Overall you did well dude. Both prices on the e's were very good, and 17k driveaway for an XR6T via a dealership is a great price.
Thanks man and thanks to everyone else aswell. I have been pulling my hair out wondering if i did the right thing but by the responses I have seen in this thread show a strong positive that I have.

Private9 - Hows Tristo old girl going mate? Still going strong?

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)

Old 11-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #45
xrtonv
TICKFORD XR6

ey man, was good catching up last night, dont see this as the time to say good bye, as ull always have my car to fix man dont even stress, lol there will be plenty to do lol
dimi man
take it easy
Sound system:JVC head unit with AUX... 6 Inch in doors,rear with a Vnet 15inch & Infinity 12inch Subs In the Boot Running of a Coustic amp
The Mods: Pod Filter, exhaust......
Plans: Slam it on its ***, Sports exhaust( upgrade), Rims, Cam, CAI, Extractors +...
xrtonv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #46
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

You have done well and you dont have the hassle of selling your other cars and dealing with buyers these days is a night mare.............

Did you check out the boot for rust as apparently the BA's have a problem around the hinges i think it is :(

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #47
TRRTRY

Im keeping my E series - It's quicker than a BA anyhoo ;)
TRRTRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2008, 12:36 AM   #48
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Pics Mark, Pics. The big day has arrived. :
Old 14-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #49
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
You have done well and you dont have the hassle of selling your other cars and dealing with buyers these days is a night mare.............

Did you check out the boot for rust as apparently the BA's have a problem around the hinges i think it is :(
Here is a link to the rust problem :

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11213600
Old 15-09-2008, 02:13 AM   #50
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia
Pics Mark, Pics. The big day has arrived. :
I got the XR around 10am Saturday and are quite happy with it. I havent been home until now due to staying at a mate place. I have also checked for rust and found it negative so I am lucky there.
I will have pics uploaded tomorrow of the XR and some of the EB and LTD. Sorry guys for the delay.

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)

Old 15-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #51
Dezza
Parts bin special

not good enough :P

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #52
xrtonv
TICKFORD XR6

woo lol mark well done man
saw this car in the flesh on sat and it is immaculate lol
well done mark
now for the drive lol
dimi
Sound system:JVC head unit with AUX... 6 Inch in doors,rear with a Vnet 15inch & Infinity 12inch Subs In the Boot Running of a Coustic amp
The Mods: Pod Filter, exhaust......
Plans: Slam it on its ***, Sports exhaust( upgrade), Rims, Cam, CAI, Extractors +...
xrtonv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #53
Dezza
Parts bin special

I've driven it... about 10 metres :P

I'll have to take it for a proper drive sometime! I've been passenger though and it goes quite well. Not as quick as some of the other Turbos I've been in, but not too bad.

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
Old 15-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #54
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
I've driven it... about 10 metres :P

I'll have to take it for a proper drive sometime! I've been passenger though and it goes quite well. Not as quick as some of the other Turbos I've been in, but not too bad.
Hey Mark Dezza is calling your XR slow! :P I'll have to come down to Melbourne and go for a ride in it soon!
Old 17-09-2008, 07:20 AM   #55
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

For sure Braden. Thats fine with me mate. Its a fun car to drive. I still havent uploaded the photos but they are coming guys Sorry

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)

Old 17-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #56
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

After nearly a week, is there anything you miss about either of the old clunkers?!

Quote:
Thanks man and thanks to everyone else aswell. I have been pulling my hair out wondering if i did the right thing but by the responses I have seen in this thread show a strong positive that I have.

Private9 - Hows Tristo old girl going mate? Still going strong?

Yep, still going well mate.
Old 17-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #57
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Thats great man. Well sadly I have not yet missed the other two despite one of them being a really nice car and the other a thrash box for fun. I have been having to much fun with the XR to worry about them I think. Im sure when the novelty wears off with the XR I will miss them.

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)

Old 17-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #58
Dezza
Parts bin special

Even more importantly, have you found the chicken nugget yet? :P

Old 18-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #59
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
Even more importantly, have you found the chicken nugget yet? :P
No I havent Dezza. Thanks for that lol

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)

Old 18-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #60
Bobman
Regulator

Nice choice.

I went from a BA to an EL and every day I still miss my BA.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)