Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #31
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo
hello all
well my auto is just about ready to cry enough so im looking at other options. The first thought i had was to do a manual conversion but today one of my work mates suggested getting the auto rebuilt with shift kit and a stallie, im liking both options but cant decide.

what do you guys and girls think i should do also what else could be done to auto

cheers
If you intend doing mods to the motor then unless you need to go race at weekends an auto with a shift kit and stallie should be a decent solution , manuals can be fun but I have driven close to 1.5 million K and I simply enjoy steering and single foot use , in a line the auto holds it's own unless you like playing heel and toe .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #32
Gohan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with Dezza sayin its personal matter which way to go. My auto box is about to kaboom as well i'd rather go manual but theres too much mucking round with ECU's, wiring and pedal boxs and comes down to cost aswell and thats the bottom line is COST

my BTR box has held in quite well with almost to stuffed gears (1st, 2nd) in it and just takes off in 3rd
Old 18-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #33
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan
I agree with Dezza sayin its personal matter which way to go. My auto box is about to kaboom as well i'd rather go manual but theres too much mucking round with ECU's, wiring and pedal boxs and comes down to cost aswell and thats the bottom line is COST

my BTR box has held in quite well with almost to stuffed gears (1st, 2nd) in it and just takes off in 3rd
It's not that hard. For the pedal box, just buy a Mal Wood pin. Saves you a lot of hard work. As for the ECU, I just got a manual ECU and it was a direct swap. There was a tiny bit of wiring but it was bugger all.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #34
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
well put

i have had a high rwkw in the past and yes when it was set up orig it was manual and was a biach to drive

i went with a 2 spd auto after that and wow what a difference it made

and if people think an auto isnt fun to drive you are wrong

you just need to think of ways to make it fun

jason
neutral bombs?
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #35
Rob
Living the dream

Buy 2 cars - 1 auto for daily driving, 1 manual for weekends :hihi:
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #36
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

auto for neutral dumps

but manual for extra ooooomph
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 08:36 AM   #37
SupahStah
Tha Stah

well well well, what a sh%% fight this is haha

imho

auto with all the goods in it = 3k
t5 with a good NEW clutch <1k

in the time you could kill a t5 you will replace it 3 times before you even see the price of an auto. manuals are more fun then auto, too many people are biased opinion on autos, get over it, they suck the big one!

love from efgiar
Soon To Come: |Largish Cam + Chip|
ETA: *When the bank account is ready *
SupahStah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #38
Walkinshaw
Two > One

An auto in an eseries is only really a wise option if you currently exceed the capabilities of a T5Z + 10.5" clutch....which not one car in this thread does

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #39
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

now you can get an 11" clutch and flywheel for e-series...