Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #31
FPV

Well some people on the forum have confirmed nothing has been done with the engine, so i wouldn't get my hopes up, its FPV afterall. Its good they finally released a performance based upgrade, as opposed to the gearbox upgrades of late which were due to Ford's initiative. However i feel they could have done more with such a model, after all its an anniversary. Also noticed that John Bowe is back at FPV.
FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #32
tony351
Fast Ford Addict!

have been told supercharged concepts are in trial...... Orion will be a hot car fpv wise.... 400kw i have been told by someone linked to fpv...
tony351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #33
FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony351
have been told supercharged concepts are in trial...... Orion will be a hot car fpv wise.... 400kw i have been told by someone linked to fpv...
Sounds good for a range topping model, and that is where high performance sedans are heading in terms of power, 400+kw is going to be the new benchmark, M5 will head to 410kw(2009-2010), Audi RS6 this year will arrive with similar figures. Would be nice for FPV to be current in terms of power as opposed to a generation behind(FPV-290kw:2003-2007, BMW M5-294kw:1999-2003). However i read that a supercharged boss would cost 10 times more the standard boss and prodrive currently have 2 engines at there facilities. I always thought FPV would go to 350kw+ with a supercharged engine in a model during the BA-BF lifecycle, but year after year passed by, rumours grew and i think to this day something was to happen but never eventuated, hopefully something will appear in the future.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #34
Dezza
Parts bin special

It does look good, but I was hoping for something more unique. The least they could have done was brought out new wheels rather than bolting the GT-P ones on.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #35
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

R-spec handling option? Why not H.O.??? Rice SPEC, **** peck.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:52 PM   #36
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

400kw Falcon? :

Bit of chassis strengthening needed me thinks.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #37
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Guys, let the HO thing live in the 70's, I hope they never bring it back as it will never live up to expectations.

I think it looks hot, I would have liked to see a reverse in colours (gold paint/black stripes) aswell.

Like I said in the other thread. There are PLENTY of other manufacturers that only touch suspension and other little things when doing a special; Maseratti comes to mind, same with Subaru.

Are there any high res pics of the XR GT and 40th anni? That would make a sweet wallpaper.

Also good to see Ford/FPV looking back and remember its history.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #38
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 4LTR
The T3 motors for the first time were fully hand assembled, including motor builder signiture just like BA/F GT's.

what they could have done this time is use the orion motor and use a colour that will be available when the orion comes. Like when the T3 came out with Blueprint.
Ahh now i see what you mean :
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #39
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Guys, let the HO thing live in the 70's, I hope they never bring it back as it will never live up to expectations.

I think it looks hot, I would have liked to see a reverse in colours (gold paint/black stripes) aswell.

Like I said in the other thread. There are PLENTY of other manufacturers that only touch suspension and other little things when doing a special; Maseratti comes to mind, same with Subaru.

Are there any high res pics of the XR GT and 40th anni? That would make a sweet wallpaper.

Also good to see Ford/FPV looking back and remember its history.
your on the money right there. let the HO name live in the past, because of fords recent models show, there wil be NOTHING that will set it aside.

let me rant for a bit----

the standard xy gt had 224 kw (at the engine)
the GT-HO phase 3 had 291kw (at the engine)

look at that difference its is awesome. 67 kw.

now look at todays models 290 kw (at the engine.)
ford will need at least 350kw to even be on par to bring back the GT HO name.

FORD- bring it up to scratch, or leave it alone

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #40
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

350KW sounds on the money.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:15 PM   #41
nitroman
nitroman

out: Looks great but where is the extra horsepower? If it's only 290kw (again) I for one will be sorely dissapointed (again). Come on Ford, the XY's were making 290kw with stone age technology, and now with quad cams,32 valves,fuel injection and enough electronics to launch the space shuttle if you cant make any more ponies I would be sacking somebody in the FPV dyno department (who is obviously out playing golf). Every year the 6 makes more power, why doesen't the top V8?
GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #42
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

To me that is just plain Sh!t, where is the so called GT Anniversary in that. Change some damper settings plus a few embroideries and charge $5.5k!!!! We have a 30th Anniversary at home and it still sh!ts on this... This is the worst effort yet FPV/Ford just plain crap.

P.S I have had something to drink and this seems to be making my blood boil!!!!!
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:27 PM   #43
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal

Or even better let it live in another thread Poly!!! It will open the biggest can of worms here.

Now lets just hope this car has a tiny engine touch up and interior touch up and then it will really be the goods for 5k more than GT.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #44
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks Good, but personally I think it could have had more.

They really are milking out the Boss 290 for all it’s worth aren’t they; have FPV tuned into a bunch of dairy farmers or what. The next milk loads in and it’s the 40th anniversary GT with some cosmetic changers and tweaked suspension.

I know it’s not all about Power but really they could have at least matched the GTS at 307Kw to actually set it aside from the Stock GT and help get some excitement happening till 2008, but no the mechanical department had a big night at the Sunday session the came in Monday and decided to let’s not but say we did.

If I had the Money would I buy it>>> Well yes
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #45
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It looks good. They talk about the suspension in the current GT is more comfort orientated and this is suspension is more performance orientated.

Should it of been that way to begin with? I thought the GT-P was more for comfort. Excuse me if I'm wrong as I'm not that clued up on these cars.

I don't own one, but if I forked out $60k+ you bet I'd want to feel all the bumps from a performance car-more fun! Otherwise I would buy a BMW etc.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #46
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
350KW sounds on the money.
351Kw sounds better.
BadMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #47
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you start pumping out 350kw cars they will need upgraded clutch, brakes, gearbox, emissions testing, etc that will turn it into a 90k GT! I am well aware that Holden managed to sell cars at that price but seriously. I feel Orion will hopefully have something special. Stock GT may be 310kw but there might also be a special edition as well. If you believe the rumors then HSV are going to release a fire breather soon. Hopefully Ford are aware of this and are planning the counter punch within the orion FPV range.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 11:31 PM   #48
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
is that your neighbours cousins gardner who happens to also do the lawn at FPV?

R-spec is the new HO (handling option) by the looks of it, seems we have gone from High Output to Rice Spec, :

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 11:31 PM   #49
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do the people who take up the R spec option realise it has a on road warranty only. Soon as it leaves the road onto eastern creek or somewhere she is gonners.

I am disapointed with the looks. A gold one with black stripes would be nice as an options 125 of each .

Power i dont really care about its marketed at 290kw im sure they have more. Anyone remember the wheels Dyno test a year or so back.

Factory stated power on the XR8 / GT out shined the Gen III at the same power level. !!
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #50
MRJUCY
Fordless

So in the same period HSV has added 47kw FPV have managed to come up with 6 stripe packages wow. :
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #51
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Simply another sign ford are not spending any more significant money on BA/BF, its probably a $500,000 - 1 million dollar upgrade if that. Looks great but it's far from being anything ground breaking or news worthy.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:02 AM   #52
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

I reckon it looks hot and its good value for the extras you get. I don't know why people would complain. If they charged $75k for one, I'd expect more power etc, but they only want $2300 more than a standard GT.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #53
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_c
Factory stated power on the XR8 / GT out shined the Gen III at the same power level. !!
There not competing with a 5.7 Gen 3 anymore unfortionatley, The bars been raised
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 12:48 AM   #54
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Did we really expect anything else? I guess everyone bar the guy who designs stripes is at TRD.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 12:59 AM   #55
FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Did we really expect anything else? I guess everyone bar the guy who designs stripes is at TRD.

Nah he left as well, got an offer he could not refuse, now allowed to apply his experience to the wheels as well.

On another note, also related to the stripes, i looked at the Shelby GT-H, and it has the exact same stripe package as the 40th anniversary GT, the 2 stripes over the top, and the same stripe design on the side(Two thin lines surrounding one thick stripe)

Old 02-03-2007, 08:24 AM   #56
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citric XR6
I reckon it looks hot and its good value for the extras you get. I don't know why people would complain. If they charged $75k for one, I'd expect more power etc, but they only want $2300 more than a standard GT.
Try over double that!!!! It is more like $5.5 k from a standard GT. So how do you get good value out of that even at $2300. Change of shockies costs about $1200 from what I have seen from some of the FPV boys in their section....
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #57
Gunns
Banned

**** factor on this car is very high! Stripes and handling package which you can now option into you standard GT or F6. Remind me again why its limited again, thats right the strips. Top work Ford another dissapointment.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:03 AM   #58
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_c
Power i dont really care about its marketed at 290kw im sure they have more. Anyone remember the wheels Dyno test a year or so back.

Exactly what I believe. Power wars power wars. But what it really needs is more torque down low. Address this and it would feel like a whole different engine.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #59
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

well...buy a black GT get the stripes painted on and upgrade the suspension...thats probably going to cost you about 5k
Old 02-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #60
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry gents, but that stripe package is too over the top for mine (literally!). We're the first to make fun of "rice" modifications on Jap cars, but this is the Aussie equivalent. "Bogan" anyone?

Sheesh, I just wonder how it will look in 5 years time.

PS. I have the same colour combo on my GT, and I just can't imagine it with those big stripes over the bonnet, the roof, and down the back. Overworked.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post