Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #31
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Whats the worst pain you have ever experienced?

Probably not the most pain i have felt, but definitely the most memorable, was having a partially inflated catheter pulled out, i was on morphine at the time and it didn't help one bit......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #32
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Kidney stones twice!!

They hurt real bad!! Thought someone had stabbed me in my sleep the first time!! Bad bad bad!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #33
JG65TE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

motorbike accident when a car hit me.......
t1-t6 fractured when i hit the roof of the car
cracked shoulderblade
mild brain damage (no not brain dead, just mild )
left elbow thru the windscreen ,( full of glass to this day)
broken left leg and ankle
kick starter thru right calf muscle
burns to both legs when the bike exploded.
4 ribs on left side, 5 on the right
punctured right lung
died on the side of the road, resusitated and died again on the way to hospital.more resusitation, 6 months in traction, another 3 learning to walk again.

worst pain ever was the lady who hit me got off scott free. lawyer for premiers dept.... wouldn't admit nothin. susan jane larsen... happened in redbank plains , qld.
JG65TE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #34
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Kidney stones twice!!

They hurt real bad!! Thought someone had stabbed me in my sleep the first time!! Bad bad bad!
I hear that man. By far the worst pain I have ever experienced. i have a extremely high tolerence to pain but boy oh boy is that full on. Gave me the maximum dosage of morphine allowable and I was still doubled over in pain.
84xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #35
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Paper cut! (Do I win?)

I expect the worse pain is to be burnt alive, a la car crash, house fire (unless of course the smoke knocks you out beforehand), or via other orrible means.

JG; I'd be careful naming folk, particularly a female lawyer - in that field of employment.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #36
bingoTE50
Steve

Trading in a BF GT and losing a shiteload...
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #37
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had a few bad injuries, like going through a plate glass window and getting 34 stitches in my arms. Had a tooth knocked out and put back in...

But the worst pain i have felt is GOUT... Whether it be in my toe, or ankle. When a bad attack comes along, not only can i not walk, but i can barely stand having a shower and the water droplets hitting it... Don't even mention trying to sleep with a blanket or sheet on your foot!!
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #38
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Re: Whats the worst pain you have ever experienced?
reading posts from Sudszy
Old 25-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #39
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
reading posts from Sudszy
Hahahah!

The worst ever - having whooping cough while your back is out...I slept in a recliner for a week, no car trips anywhere as the slightest bump had me screaming...

Takes a fair bit of pain to make me cry...I struggled to even cry...as the shaking made my back worse...and the pain more intense.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #40
MexicanBatman
Banned

Hey esse, I gave birth on the toilet!

Last time I eat that may burritos!
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #41
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a broken willy... that stung a bit.......
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #42
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
a broken willy... that stung a bit.......
Do I even ask........
84xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #43
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84xespac
Do I even ask........
I don't think you should...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #44
gtfpv
GT

OMG , some of these things are so bad they are funny . i wouldnt of thought of some of these things .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #45
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

was under the car cutting braided lines to size for the valiant ...
angle grinder kicked and sliced across two fingers..

crawled out one handed, ran up stairs grabbed some thread and a needle...
poured metho over the wounds and stitched them up myself.. then drove to the medical centre for the doc to do a better job.. took a few weeks for the feeling to come back to the top side of the fingers but they still hurt once and a while...

also when my appendix burst inside of me in year 6

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
FAT245 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #46
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT245
was under the car cutting braided lines to size for the valiant ...
angle grinder kicked and sliced across two fingers..

crawled out one handed, ran up stairs grabbed some thread and a needle...
poured metho over the wounds and stitched them up myself.. then drove to the medical centre for the doc to do a better job.. took a few weeks for the feeling to come back to the top side of the fingers but they still hurt once and a while...

also when my appendix burst inside of me in year 6
Thats tough as....
Old 25-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #47
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

hahaha hell no!

never felt pain like it... although my finger was mostly numb...

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
FAT245 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #48
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, some of these are horrific but im always amazed at what the human body can withstand.

After 10 years i'll still never forget the day i was working for my old man on a job site and a bloke was using a trusty 9" grinder, blade snapped and a large pce flew up and proceeded to remove his leg at the hip joint and imbeded itself in the wall behind him.

I've never heard a grown man scream so much, and the sight of this leg hanging by tiny strips of meat etc, still gives me chills.
GT 160 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #49
boss54

I Got a few teeth smashed out in a fight, that was the unpainful part but a few mounths after that I got 2 teeth implants and I had about 8 needles Jamed into my top jaw. That was the worst pain iv felt.
boss54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #50
BA Baracus
xls

My worst was I was sleeping on floor one night due to sore back and had to hop up about 3am because it was getting too bad and uncomfortable. Hopped up too fast in like a clean and jerk weightlifter type motion and one of my lower back discs basically exploded jamming pieces of disc all around my sciatic nerve. Felt like being impaled by a sword and simultaneously having my leg burned off. After screaming, blacking out, vomiting etc. took me 2 hours to move about 1.5 meters and perch precariously on the edge of a couch, then I stayed there in a weird position for 14 hours weighing up whether calling an ambulance was worth it considering they'd need me to move me when they arrived and moving even an inch was insanely painful. Gave in eventually then ambulance/hospital and immobile for close on 6 months. Hop up super slow now.
BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #51
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT
Thats tough as....
I know a guy who supposedly took to a hemorrhoid with a pair of side cutters.

A very good mate of mine had a massive wart on his finger, it wrapped around half of it. He went to the shed, got a hammer and sharp chisel and tried to take it off.

When he couldn't hit the chisel with the hammer (not enough hands) he asked his dad to do it and he refused. Next time I saw him he not only had a bit of a cut on his wart, he had a dirty great graze on his forehead...

Same guy drilled 3 or 4 holes in it with a 1mm drill bit, poured acid into it, screamed and promptly vomited. He ended up with septicemia and a bigger wart. Funny thing about it was that one day, only months down the track, it just left all by itself.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #52
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

one of my old mans mates wes in a septic tank and stuck a no3 phillips head screw driver through his hand and two pairs of gloves.

then pilled it out put flux in it then lit the flux.

after that he put the gloves back on and kept working!

only 6 weeks ago i tore my finger nail of at work and it was bloody bad
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #53
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss54
I Got a few teeth smashed out in a fight, that was the unpainful part but a few mounths after that I got 2 teeth implants and I had about 8 needles Jamed into my top jaw. That was the worst pain iv felt.
i as well had two knocked back from a king hit out of no where, but mine hung in ( although pushed into the roof of my mouth )
Went to the dentist and had to get them pushed back in with out any pain killers or anything, that didnt tickle, but not where near as the worst thing ive experienced.
Old 25-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #54
Zero_PSI
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss54
I had 2 teeth brocken in a work accident that along with the pain of the multie surguries i had after was the worst pain ever
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #55
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was riding my bike down Monestry Hill (for those who know Geelong). I have reached speeds of over 80km/h without a run up. So this day I took a run up and flew down, and half way down I didn't see a rock in the middle of the road until it was too late as the wind was making my eyes tear up. Swerved a little, but enough to throw me off the bike and I slid on my stomach. My entire chest and stomach was scraped off, front of my thighs and feet gone. I slid down te road for what seemed like for ever. The burning sensation lasted for days and the worst bit was having it cleaned and all the bits of road cleaned out. Took months for everything to heal again.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #56
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Fell out of a tree, broke both wrists(compound fractures) and cracked two vertibrae in my lower spine. So since age 13 i've had ongoing back pain. The initial fall was pretty painful too.
Have also had my jaw broken in two places and that was incredibly painful, even more so after the surgery to reset it.
um....

how did you wipe with 2 broken arms?
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #57
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I know a guy who supposedly took to a hemorrhoid with a pair of side cutters.

A very good mate of mine had a massive wart on his finger, it wrapped around half of it. He went to the shed, got a hammer and sharp chisel and tried to take it off.

When he couldn't hit the chisel with the hammer (not enough hands) he asked his dad to do it and he refused. Next time I saw him he not only had a bit of a cut on his wart, he had a dirty great graze on his forehead...

Same guy drilled 3 or 4 holes in it with a 1mm drill bit, poured acid into it, screamed and promptly vomited. He ended up with septicemia and a bigger wart. Funny thing about it was that one day, only months down the track, it just left all by itself.

Bahahahaha, i love home Dr tales. Awesome stuff.
GT 160 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #58
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

My back coming out on me back in 2008.. Now i'm 15 (16 in aug) and only found out after 3 years of massive amounts of constant pain that i've destroyed a disc between my L1, and L2 bones...

Never, ever have I been able to lift much ever since... Now i'm waiting to have surgery done on it...
Old 25-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #59
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Shingles. 5 days maxed out on pain killers and still the worse pain I have experienced in my life.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #60
Thornie
Off smelting

physical pain: Pulled a boiling kettle of water over my arm and chest when i was 7 years old.
mental pain is another thread.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post