Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-04-2006, 11:39 PM   #31
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6Tornado
we were done illegally, outside of gladstone, the cops had pulled up the car in front (we could see it in the distance) booked the car and then let the car go, we were doing 100 (with cruise control & towing a trailer), cops pull us over saying we were doing 123km, they showed us the gun (when we asked) but wouldn't show us the ticket they had just written for the car that had pulled out probably 200m in front of us. We know we were not going that fast, not much we could do - the gladstone cops are pr*ks, even if we had fought it we had no proof.
there is nothing you can do about it except cop it on the chin......my dad asked one our boys in blue about proving that it was actually you that was speeding and he said that because cops are honest etc that it had to you speeding......dad said i rest my case and walked away :
Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #32
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt.young
If a person is unhappy with the result, they can have another test on a bigger, more reliable machine at the cop shop. and if he/she is still unhappy they can have a blood test which over-rides the others. there are a few factors that will affect the breth tests. eg : when your last drink was.
well thats what i was told by a cop at the academy open day (still gonna apply!) :hihi:
Its not am option, the second bigger machine is what gives the reading for court. The handheld machine at the roadside only gives an indication. You can not be charged for drinking driving with only the roadside reading.

Drink driving laws are very strange. For instance there is no arrest power for drink driving, however you must go with the police if they ask.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 01:39 AM   #33
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Maybe some people here can ring ACA to get them to put up a story...........
Old 17-04-2006, 07:11 AM   #34
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

A friend works for Drager, the company that manufactures evidential breathalysers. He would carry an alcohol swab wipe with him. As he approached the RBT he would wipe the swab across his teeth. The hand held machine would go off its nut, copper would drop his lower jaw with shock.
He would then explain, oh damn, I have a septic tooth ulcer that I disinfect with these.......... After a while the coppers must have cottoned onto him, because from then on they would spend ages going through CNI checks, vehicle checks etc, he eventually got over doing it.

There used to be the HWP copper who would sit in the trees on Mt. Ousley with his binoculars and radio details to his mates further on.
The same copper would broadcast false accidents, and catch the towies speeding to the scene.
Again the same copper was thumped by a motorist for a similar trick.
Hmmmm, after a very unfortunate tradgedy whilst on duty, they are now an ex-copper.

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 07:57 AM   #35
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have heard that reversed real estate signs make great "speed trap ahead" warning signs, to be put just before the 4x4's etc. Would sure hurt to lose all that money...
Old 17-04-2006, 08:03 AM   #36
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogdoc
I have heard that reversed real estate signs make great "speed trap ahead" warning signs, to be put just before the 4x4's etc. Would sure hurt to lose all that money...
I have been so tempted to do this.... How funny would it be, and how ИИИИed would the cops be if you were to do it.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #37
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
When people wouldn't give me sufficient details to correctly identify them I just arrested them no matter what the offence. They are required by law to give a correct name ( 1st point of proof is Identity .. that you are who you say you are and you were there at the time of the offence ). If they don't .. in the slammer. Nearly everyone stops stuffing you around when you explain that .. the others get a free ride back to the station and some time to sit in an interview room or cell. After a while it gets boring and they realise it's a hollow 'victory' and give it up.
Had a couple of clowns do this. They thought that they were being pretty smart not telling me who they were but instead calling themselves Ronald McDonald and so on. After hours on end in a cold cell and no mates around to show off in front of, they eventually learnt that I was being paid to do my job and they were only wasting their own time. Amazing how adults behave actually.
Old 17-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #38
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Saw something funny yesterday, I was driving through the Kuranda Range and spotted a speed trap just after the Barron Bridge, and on the way back, it was still there, but unfortunately for the coppers, the council had blocked off one side of the road to do work, so they were letting only one direction of traffic through at once, at 20 kilometres an hour! Somehow I don't think Mareeba Police met their quota yesterday!
Old 17-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #39
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I was following two cars from a distance two nights ago between Warragul and Yarragon on the M1. One car was right up the ИИИИ of the other.

Anyhoo as soon as both cars entered the 80 zone at Yarragon (speed changes from 110 to 80 here), the car behind put its red & blue lights on and pulled over the unfortunate driver in front.

Sucks to be the driver who A) got done in such a manner, and B) didn't notice it was a COP car behind them. If I had a cop car tailing me on the freeway I'd make sure I'm doing below 80 by the time I pass the 80 sign!
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:24 PM   #40
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reckon i got done for the first time yesterday on the way to a mates 21st. Coming into an 80 zone on the warego highway coming into Blacksoil, was in the right hand lane beside an early model camry doing just on 80. I had to get into the left lane to get fuel, so just pressed on a little to get past and merged. Went over the crest of a hill and backed off, so was just rolling down the other side of the hill, slowly slowing down. Flash for cash halfway down the hill, was doing 90. So looks like 2 points and $200 donation to the qld government. The points I don't care about, will still have 10 left, but $200 is rediculous when you've got to live on $150 a fortnight. I fell a bit cheated that the camera was on a steep down hill run on an excellent road, and was just caught out under bad circumstances, but I was still breaking the law, so I'll just have to cop it on the chin.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:31 PM   #41
BlackLS

$2 week payment plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by donno
Reckon i got done for the first time yesterday on the way to a mates 21st. Coming into an 80 zone on the warego highway coming into Blacksoil, was in the right hand lane beside an early model camry doing just on 80. I had to get into the left lane to get fuel, so just pressed on a little to get past and merged. Went over the crest of a hill and backed off, so was just rolling down the other side of the hill, slowly slowing down. Flash for cash halfway down the hill, was doing 90. So looks like 2 points and $200 donation to the qld government. The points I don't care about, will still have 10 left, but $200 is rediculous when you've got to live on $150 a fortnight. I fell a bit cheated that the camera was on a steep down hill run on an excellent road, and was just caught out under bad circumstances, but I was still breaking the law, so I'll just have to cop it on the chin.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post