Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-04-2007, 02:05 PM   #31
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=normxb]Yep jaydee , My 15 y/o son came out the other day & said "Dad , you got any Peter Frampton stuff ? also Manfred Mann , Oh and Boney M , REO Speedwagon , Foreigner , Huey Lewis , Billy Joel , John Lennon and have you heard of a band called Slade ? I have NO idea where he came up with some of these bands ! but going through my LP collection I had them all.

SLADE, now we're talking, I even found an AC/DC album amongst my stuff in a move recently, TNT, oh yeah.

And ELVIS was still alive when I was a kid. What I would give to have been at one of his concerts.

John Wayne was still alive too.
Old 15-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #32
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

I was walking Nam when man walked on the moon,I think things were much simpler and basic back then...Things are overly complex nowdays.imo..
Old 15-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #33
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtopxb
I was walking Nam when man walked on the moon,
That was one lottery I was glad I did'nt win a prize
Old 15-04-2007, 07:46 PM   #34
dannyxm
was danny888

Im 26. I grew up watching Sierras go round the race track. As a 12 - 13 year old the return of the Falcon V8 (EB) on the road and race track was a massive thing for me lol

It just seems that people were happier back in the 1960s / 1970s. The great bands of Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones to name a few.
I grew up listening to my parents albums; Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Floyd, Beatles, Elvis, Orbison, to the 80s stuff like Springstein........... the list goes on

The girl friend is a bit of an R n B chick, as i show her a AC / DC or KISS Dvd, then say, 'this song is over 25 years old, lets see how P Diddy (or whatever the hell his name is) sounds in 25 years time!'

Anyway, R n B to me is real Motown music like the Temptations and the Rightious brothers, not the bling bling jibberish that i watch whist making breakfast on a Saturday morning.

Im sure there are a few negative things about the past, and maybe people over romantasize the whole era, but to be honest, id love to be brought up in that era.

Have any of you guys seen the movie 'FJ Holden'? Its set in Bankstown (Sydney) in the 1970s. Really funny watching how life was then.
dannyxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #35
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny888
Im 26. I grew up watching Sierras go round the race track. As a 12 - 13 year old the return of the Falcon V8 (EB) on the road and race track was a massive thing for me lol

It just seems that people were happier back in the 1960s / 1970s. The great bands of Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones to name a few.
I grew up listening to my parents listen to them, also Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Floyd........... the list goes on

The girl friend is a bit of an R n B chick, as i show her a AC / DC or KISS Dvd, then say, 'this song is over 25 years old, lets see how P Diddy (or whatever the hell his name is) sounds in 25 years time!'

Anyway, R n B to me is real Motown music like the Temptations and the Rightious brothers, not the bling bling jibberish that i watch whist making breakfast on a Saturday morning.

Im sure there are a few negative things about the past, and maybe people over romantasize the whole era, but to be honest, id love to be brought up in that era.

Have any of you guys seen the movie 'FJ Holden'? Its set in Bankstown (Sydney) in the 1970s. Really funny how life was then.
People were happier then because they hadn't invented the ghetto gang culture where everyone is a pimp or a hoe and carries a gun down the front of their baggy pants.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 08:50 PM   #36
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just to add to the nostalgia..supertramp..pavlovs dog..and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Which to this day is still banned in the states.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #37
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Just to add to the nostalgia..supertramp..pavlovs dog..and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Which to this day is still banned in the states.
This is because is because The Rocky Horror Picture Show is too much like Dubbya's administration... Full of weirdo's, But George's are serious!
Old 15-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #38
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol............

Well just to add and not become political..if georges mob were serious they would have finished in Iraq by now!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6

Last edited by MO; 15-04-2007 at 09:25 PM.
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post