Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-12-2005, 03:28 PM   #31
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
..........................Is there live after death? I don't know, but I definately know there is way more to life than what you can physically see................
Well said ! :newangel:
Old 29-12-2005, 03:35 PM   #32
Yummy Mummy

My sister 'died' after a 9 hour epileptic seizure. She can't remember seeing any light, although she was pretty young at the time.

I had an interesting conversation with my brother on Christmas day. A few weeks ago he stepped on a bee in the botanical gardens, and unbeknown to him, he is violently allergic. 10 minutes after, he collapsed on the ground, was struggling for breath, lost his eyesight, his speech and all functions of his limbs. Whilst the paramedics arrived in time and gave him an adrenilin shot, I asked if he saw the light or had any out of body experiences during it. He said no, just that everything was black, he wanted to communicate or move but couldn't, and that when he was given the adrenilin it was like turning a computer back on from standby when it fades back into light. Apparently he was only a couple of minutes from death, and the doctor said that everything was black cos his brain was starved of oxygen and that's what happens. Makes me think then that when you're brain dead, everything is just black....like has been said, an eternal sleep.

Although it would be nice to think that there is something out there, that in a way we can live in some form or another, forever.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 04:36 PM   #33
turboute
turboute

Well I would rather be safe than sorry - I have faith!!! Simple as that. Doesn't sound like a bad deal being good and following some pretty moral rules for the rest of my life and if there is an afterlife I will not be spending it in hell.

Unfortunately there is not much you can say on this subject without bringing religion into It and peoples views will differ. I am not trying to convert anyone, just saying where my stance is and (one of the many) reasons why.
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 04:44 PM   #34
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

As my old science teacher used to say.........."its ok to have some faith, just incase".....
Old 29-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #35
gozza

life is the warm up for death
we have to be at peace with our life before we'll be at peace with our death
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #36
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboute
Well I would rather be safe than sorry - I have faith!!! Simple as that. Doesn't sound like a bad deal being good and following some pretty moral rules for the rest of my life and if there is an afterlife I will not be spending it in hell.

Unfortunately there is not much you can say on this subject without bringing religion into It and peoples views will differ. I am not trying to convert anyone, just saying where my stance is and (one of the many) reasons why.
you don't have to have faith to be a decent human being
ive seen plenty of examples of people who have "Faith" and are nothing more than faudulent specimens
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #37
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

There is no life after death.

Theres not even life after 30!

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #38
Rapid260

For thousands of years the human race has believed in life after death, well before religious groups came in, we as a race have incorporated it into religion, the word religion is just another word for believe,
After all that we have learnt in the last 1000 years about ourselves as humans, we have proven so many things that are possible, so why is it not possible that there is life after death.
I for one do believe it’s possible, & I don’t believe in religious groups.

These people that have been clinically dead & bought back to life were not really dead where they, if they were dead then they wouldn’t be here to talk about it.

You don’t have to see to believe,

The Human body is just a shell for the soul to travel through this world, once we have finished here, the soul will move to the next level, & the shell is left behind.

I just hope they have FORDS there as well.
Rapid260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 07:18 PM   #39
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid260
......................................The Human body is just a shell for the soul to travel through this world, once we have finished here, the soul will move to the next level, & the shell is left behind....................
Where can i trade my body in? I need a new model e
Old 29-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #40
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl
The scientific answer lies in Einstein's theory of relativity and is not a mystery. In short it has to do with time and space not being a constant but too complex to go into here. But if you are curious enough, then there are many places where you can read up on it.
Einstein's theory also deals with time travel, but nothing has come of that.

Logic makes me think there is nothing more, but there's the stories you hear that give logic a bit of doubt. Sure most of them are probably made up, but you'd have to be crazy to rule everything out until proven other wise. NO ONE here can prove life doesn't exist beyond death, so there's no point even trying.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #41
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Einstein's theory also deals with time travel, but nothing has come of that.
garbage!!! what about flux capacitors and rigged up delorians.......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 07:34 PM   #42
Rapid260

No worries Thunder, just head down to the local paint & panal body shop, they should have your size.

Is this :disco: what your looking for??
Rapid260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 07:36 PM   #43
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

NO rapid260. Thats what i look like NOW :evil_laug :evil_laug :evil_laug

Im thinking to update to more modern 80's style.
Old 29-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #44
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
There is no life after death.

Theres not even life after 30!
well i'll dread that day wont I
: :baby bott
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #45
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah kerry's statement got me thinking too. i do hope there is something after death but logic tells me there most likely isnt anything.. ie the state we were in before we were born. no sense of time, simply nothing at all.

however this brings me to other things i think about, we can't understand this universe. what's outside the universe? where is the universe located (inside something else?) is that place located inside somewhere else? perhaps it's no where.

dunno really, im not a religious person - i was having a chat to a good christian friend, who believes there is eternal afterlife - which goes forever. she's entitled to her own thoughts and i respect them.

however i just can't help feeling tales of an "afterlife" (and religion in general) was created for people who are scared of what's after death - a convenient set of tales and stories (promises also) which make people feel at ease as you go to sleep at night - knowing you and all your dead relatives will live peacefully forever in the afterlife. cuz quite frankly, the thought of "NOTHING" after dying is enough to freak most out.

my thoughts respect them as i respect your own.
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 07:54 PM   #46
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by seano14
............................. i do hope there is something after death but logic tells me there most likely isnt anything.. ie the state we were in before we were born. no sense of time, simply nothing at all..............................
We had no sence of time for our first year of life (some even 2-3 years). How come you cant remember your birth? Interesting to think what our first piece of memory is and why we cannot recall our 1st years.

How do we know what state we were in before we were born, when we cant remember the state we were in after we were born?
Old 29-12-2005, 07:58 PM   #47
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

At least when your dead you don't have to wake up early in the morning anymore dam I hate doing that. If we knew what happens when you die then we would all just kill ourselves to get there now unless of course there is nothing
Old 29-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #48
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops
This is one of the most Bullsh!%t threads i have seen on here :gren:
Why dont you all refer back to the first post and see what gtfpv was asking "has anyone any stories to tell . anyone here came back from a flatline .??or know anyone who has"
You just beat me to it, cant you guys stay on topic.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 08:20 PM   #49
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
You just beat me to it, cant you guys stay on topic.
incase you didnt notice it is on topic. that's the wonderful thing about conversation, it never finishes where it begins, you see?
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 08:35 PM   #50
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by seano14
incase you didnt notice it is on topic. that's the wonderful thing about conversation, it never finishes where it begins, you see?
Welcome to the world of forums :
Old 29-12-2005, 08:54 PM   #51
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Talking Dont care....

I dont care if there is anything after death.... just so long as it doesnt hurt!! :
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 10:38 PM   #52
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I have to wonder if there is bonking after death?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 10:55 PM   #53
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

I'll tell you in 2051, I think thats when my number is up.
TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 11:27 PM   #54
SVR73
Mr Polish

had two close to death experiences

First at 6 weeks of age and made front page of advertiser
Involved in a double roll over crash near my home, a guy in a valiant hit our XB falcon sedan
He died - we didn't
My family and I were badly injured but made it

Second - in dentist at age 10
he gives me an injection but hits a blood vessell and I pass out
Found out in hospital the next day that I was clinically dead for 2 minutes before reviving me
Don't remember anything

Don't care what people here think of what I'm about to add and might get shot down but it's my belief anyway and I really feel like adding this

1. I do believe in god and eternal life - it's where you all will spend it that concerns me
2. Religion is really a relationship with god and a lifestyle we choose

the life of a believer will still have challenges and troubles but overall will last longer and be far better than that of a non believer

I prefer to have faith , commit my life to jesus and let him take control of it, believe and be saved than not believe
If at my death I find out there is no god, jesus or heaven, I haven't lost anything
If there is, I receive my new body which will never get sick or die and have eternity in a place where I get to see my relatives , some of my friends and who knows who else
No evil will ever be able to penetrate it

However if a non believer finds out there is a god, then he/she is in serious trouble and will be face judgement from god , end up at a horrible place for all time and lose everything

The closest a non believer gets to heaven is here on earth
The closest a believer gets to hell is here on earth
What we give away in service of god whether it's donation to charities, helping people at any time, offering your time to help people less fortunate - we will receive it back and be rewarded with more
We cannot take our money and material possessions with us at death but we can send them on ahead of us and will be there when we get there

Was very concerned about kerry packer when he claimed there was no heaven or devil and now he is gone, did he change his mind and repent and be saved and if not, he's in hell and there is no way out

this is qualifying, not the main event

Last edited by SVR73; 29-12-2005 at 11:35 PM.
SVR73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 11:45 PM   #55
XAGSV8
Member 178

I think there is life after death. Death does not scare me, it is leaving my family behind. What scares me more is myself or any of my family going to hell. Life here on earth is only a small but very significant part of where we will be spending the rest of eternity. My beliefs so don't shoot me down.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 11:52 PM   #56
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Nobody will shoot ya down for your beliefs mate If i can be convinced there is more to death than darkness then its all good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 11:54 PM   #57
XAGSV8
Member 178

What convinced me there is life after death is seeing a ghost then I realised there is more to life.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 02:01 AM   #58
gtfpv
GT

when my gran died 20 years ago. she was 100% blind. and had been for at least 10 years.i seen her 3 days before her death in hospital . she was delerious and told me her number was up . she had said thias many times before .but this time she was talking to me , and others . i was the only one there . i was not the only one she was in conversation with . i didn't take much notice . 3 days later the hospital rang to say she died over night. our family dog went mad.would not be seperated from my mum (grans daughter) we drove to hospital to see the body our dog jumped a 6 foot fence and chased the car for about 1 km. i was 17 . a nurse was crying when we arrived . she said it was a voilent death. the nurse says she got her sight back about 5 minutes before death. she was in immense pain then suddenly put her hands up and spoke out loud god i have had enough i cant do this anymore please take me now. then she instantly fell back dead.
i still have no explaination about why the car i had the high speed crash in didnt roll.
i wonder about why god would take somepeople in mass and others not so .sunami's for example. good and bad people no exemptions .
religion . each one claims the other believers are doomed.so some people are doomed from birth, because they dont get to see or choose the right religion or believe in the right god. do i have an answer no. does god want the best for us even though we faulter . if he is there i'm glad he created us. and hope he doesn't discriminate as we do . each to his works not faults. i find it hard that people pray for well being when people get killed for many reasons everyday. why would someone get priveliges over another. but still i pray for my loved ones in faith.i only know myself my intentions are good i can only assume that bad undeserving people are not as well intended as me. do i sin yes. anyhow my 2 cents on this topic . some awesome stories here. keep them coming.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 02:01 AM   #59
hypnodoc
Its All In Your Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Nobody will shoot ya down for your beliefs mate If i can be convinced there is more to death than darkness then its all good.
Does that mean when we close our eyes or turn the lights out we are dead?
I went for 3 minutes and have to agree with Packer. But if you get away from Newtonian Physics and into the Quantum realm (as medical science was supposed to do in 1953. Medicine still never takes energy into account, only matter and organisms) then its an entirely different story. The December 1999 Journal of The American Medical Association has an article re a study of 10,000 near death experiences in European hospitals and declared consciousness goes on. There are millions of reports from all over the world of strange happenings after a near death experience, and you don't hallucinate from a lack of oxygen, you pass out. As far as endorphins creating pictures, a very weak theory supposed on no evidence except opinion :
The worlds most esteemed micro-biologist Dr Bruce Lipton spent years lecturing and researching on this topic at Harvard while also working on the human genome project. He scientifically PROOVED the continuation of consciousness. If you want to see the SCIENTIFIC PROOF and lots of other interesting stuff, especially the over rating of the genetic code, go to www.brucelipton.com. Buy the DVD Biology of belief. Makes you wonder how far the wool has pulled over our eyes. Most doctors and nurses privately admit to the experiences they have witnessed in A&Es.

Reminds me of an insight I got at Uni years ago.

A Professor at a major Australian University asks a student: What topic are you choosing to do for your Ph.D. thesis.
Student Answers: I'm going to the University of Delhi (an internationally respected university of high academic standards) in India to do my Thesis on life after death.
The Professor looks baffled and asks "Why would you want to do that? Everybody knows that when you're dead, then you're dead. :

The student arrives in Delhi and reports to the university. During his initial interview a Professor says: I see you have come here to study and establish Life after Death, then asks: Why would you want to do that? Everybody knows there's life after death.

Like everybody else I don't KNOW the answer for sure, and nobody has ever bought back a video. But theres got to be a lot more to life than just 50-60 trillion cells adhering togeather to create a body :evil_laug
Hell for all our apparent scientific knowledge and medical advancements, to this day nobody has even prooved absolutely that we even think in our brains. The best that can be prooven is that the brain plays a substantial role in our physical self restoration and emotional reactionary and responsive behaviour. Anyway thats my lot :

Xtreme Tuned: 375 RwKw (502 RwHp) & 820 Nm:
Whhooooooosssssssshhhhhh
HSV HUNTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA Phoons 013 and 333 Gone

Last edited by hypnodoc; 30-12-2005 at 02:08 AM.
hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 02:08 AM   #60
max^power
Formerly au^ute

mum told me of a weird experience she had a while ago, and she wouldn't BS about this stuff.

Riding a motorcycle on the roads for a while you pickup on the little signs someone is looking after you. Ive had a few experiences where i would have crashed, but didn't.

Ill worry about afterlife when i need it, for now ill focus on my family. who wants to live for ever anyway. i wont wan't to be a 120year old dude having trouble with all my bodily functions.

Excuse typos, i've had a few.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post