Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 26-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #31
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
I should have clarified my figure was at the pump not the indicated Trip calculator. I can't stand that measurement it's misleading in a couple of ways, this was at the same pump at the same servo.

I think the trip meter had read 6.4-6.5 or there abouts, but the longer you leave it over a few fill ups is skewers the results again. I've had indicated 6.8L/100kms but at the pump it's been 7.5-7.8. because it still has the previous fuel and distance in the calculation.
Yes.

And I don't know why the onboard long term average figure should be in error.

After all the EMS is doing a myriad of calculations per second to meter the optimum volume of fuel being delivered for environmental and economy reasons.

It shouldn't be too hard to sum these figures to get the total usage in 100 km of travel distance. (although this figure will be in error too. I think the distance actually covered in our car for an indicated 100 km is in the region of 97 km currently. This is because of the manufacturer causing the speed readout to be high to avoid the potential to be caught in speed related litigation - and it gets worse as the tyre's wear).

If you are looking for the car to give you an average figure for the current fill of fuel, I'll assume that you zero the average figure as you fill up. I only do this for trips like the one I have described.

I was very happy with the result there. As you can tell from the average speed, I was keeping the car at just above the posted limit by a couple of km/hour on the GPS. I hate it when HGVs start sitting on your bumper, as they do if you use the speedo to determine your speed.

Anyway - back on topic. Thanks for your input to the OP.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #32
cmmillar
Starter Motor

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de.../?Cr=8&sdmvc=1
Hi guys,
Thank you so much for all your input. We went and test drove the blue one at Byrne Ford yesterday and really loved it! So we bought it! Pick it up today. We got the price down to $16700 (which included all on road costs and rego till May 20115) and got a very good trade in on our old car. They showed us the log book and that it had had it's 60,000 service. It was a 1 owner company car and is in excellent condition inside and out. I still think it was about $1000 or a bit more overpriced, but in the end it's what we want, so we were happy to pay a bit more and happy not to have to sell our old 4WD privately. Because of all the feedback from this thread and from reading this forum I was able to ask lots of questions about the car that I wouldn't have known about. Now I've just got to remember to ask today about the code for the stereo as I've read that on here too. Thanks for all your valuable help! And I'm very happy to be joining the Mondeo family. Will update in a couple of weeks when I've had time to give it a good run! This will be limited though as my daughter is learner driving and has bought her own little manual car just recently, so we have to do most of our driving in that to get her hours up. Going to be hard to jump from the luxury of the Mondeo into her little 2003 Astra, but at least the indicators/wipers are the same now
cmmillar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #33
Deo

Congratulations! Sounds like you've chosen well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmillar View Post
I've just got to remember to ask today about the code for the stereo
My car came with the radio code printed by Ford in about three different spots, including on a sticker in the ashtray right under the radio! :facepalm:

The code that I didn't get without asking was the one you can use if you need to get another key cut.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch

Last edited by Deo; 26-09-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #34
cmmillar
Starter Motor

Thank you Deo, enjoyed driving it home today and the code was in the folder with the manual! Yay
Old 26-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #35
Binny

Congrats!
Enjoy your new car!
Binny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #36
cmmillar
Starter Motor

I am having some trouble however with getting the bluetooth to work. I've looked over this forum but can't find the help I'm looking. I can't get the bluetooth to work. My phone says to activate the Bluetooth on the car, but this is what it looks like on the display in my car, the 'BT Audio' which I'm assuming means Bluetooth is greyed out and won't let me select it. I've read the manual and it just says to turn on Bluetooth, but doesn't actually say how. Any help much appreciated.(and thanks Binny!) 10641165_10152386700983857_6853570503321406854_n.jpg
Old 26-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #37
Deo

That will stay greyed out until you pair the phone using the headunit (the actual radio)

MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch

Last edited by Deo; 26-09-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 26-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #38
Deo

& Have fun seeing the names of the previous owner's phones.

MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Old 26-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #39
cmmillar
Starter Motor

Thanks Deo, will hop back into the car and try and work it out. There are no instructions in the manual (that I can find) how to pair it with the headunit, hopefully when I fiddle with the radio I can work it out.
Old 26-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #40
cmmillar
Starter Motor

Well, that was short lived. I had noticed on the way home from picking up the car that the breaks weren't able to break in an emergency stop (which happened when some traffic stopped abruptly in front of me and I nearly had to use the handbrake to get the car to stop in time) so I looked at the roadworthy and this is what it said 10628015_10152386701038857_8956366023313015136_n.jpg I can't even read what percentage that says. So I waited until hubby got home to see what he thought and he felt the same, so hubby is now driving it back down to Byrne Ford now (very slowly) and they are going to lend us a car until it's fixed. So I've not had time to fiddle with the Bluetooth, will have to do it when we get it back.
Old 26-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #41
trickle_train
Starter Motor

Quote:
Thanks Deo, will hop back into the car and try and work it out. There are no instructions in the manual (that I can find) how to pair it with the headunit, hopefully when I fiddle with the radio I can work it out.
Hi all, lurked here for a little while and recently purchased a 2011 MC tdci hatch.

Cmmillar, make sure your phone/device has its Bluetooth turned on. Then do a scan with the device and connect/sync.

The car (in a female brit voice) will prompt you to enter a code into the phone/device.

I'm on Bris northside if you need a hand.
trickle_train is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #42
cmmillar
Starter Motor

Hi Trickle_train, thanks for your offer of help. We got the car straight back this afternoon, they fixed the fault on the spot, it was a hole in the vacuum hose.
My daughters teenage friend worked the Bluetooth out for me in about 1 minute flat!lol I've not quite sussed out the voice control yet, but I'm sure after some more reading I'll work it out.
Thank you!
Old 26-09-2014, 11:10 PM   #43
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi Trickle_train, thanks for your offer of help. We got the car straight back this afternoon, they fixed the fault on the spot, it was a hole in the vacuum hose.

Thank you!
Wow!

I don't wish to be too critical, but a ford dealer put a car on the lot - and sold it - with a brake problem. Kind of makes you wonder if they rely on the buyer being the Quality Management officer.

And some contributors wonder why there are so many posts which are critical of Dealerships.

Glad it turned out to be a simple problem to fix.

Enjoy the experience of driving a Mondeo.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2014, 08:20 AM   #44
cmmillar
Starter Motor

Yes, it is very questionable that they sold a car with a brake problem. We feel partly responsible as it's something we really should have checked when we were test driving it. But we were just driving very cautiously and didn't have a need to brake instantly, so didn't pick up the problem. Now the brakes are so touchy I nearly put us all through the window last night! I'm loving it so far! Need to get use to the limited vision and being lower to the ground after owning a 4WD. Absolutely love how stylish it looks!
Old 27-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #45
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Oh I don't know about questionable, who's to know when a hose will fatigue. These kind of things aren't looked at for preventative maintenance, only breakdown repair. If they knew about the problem and let it go then yeah dodgy and their name will be tarnished by the owner.

I doubt they have a familiarity on the model on the whole, twas unfortunate but as you'd expect it was dealt with well.

Even with any of the con's towards the Mondeo on the whole, it is a great little secret. I'd have liked a 2010 but found a '09 Zetec that I couldn't say no to. Good to hear you're loving it.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #46
cmmillar
Starter Motor

Still loving my Mondeo, having fun learning what everything does still! The kids keep finding cool things like the lights under the visors. I have one slight problem in that the hatch opens so huge that it hits my garage door when I'm parked in the garage (I have old style tilt doors) I've whacked it 3 times already! Need to get into the habit of parking it outside when I need to open the hatch! Otherwise everything else is sweet! Taking it for it's first longer drive to Caloundra tomorrow, can't wait!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #47
trickle_train
Starter Motor

They do open a fair way don't they! I've almost done the same at home.

I've driven our "new" 2011 hatch once in the couple weeks we've had it...wife won't hand the keys over :-(

If you're heading towards Dicky beach, check out a little restaurant called "Table Manners" great food!
trickle_train is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #48
cmmillar
Starter Motor

Thanks for that tip on the restaurant, I've not heard of it before. Will definitely check it out as we're there for 3 nights! I don't blame your wife. I had a hard time letting my teenage learner driver get behind the wheel for the first time yesterday. She's done just over 50 hours of driving so she's pretty good on the road - but was still hard letting her drive my new baby!lol
Old 06-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #49
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
Oh I don't know about questionable, who's to know when a hose will fatigue. These kind of things aren't looked at for preventative maintenance, only breakdown repair. If they knew about the problem and let it go then yeah dodgy and their name will be tarnished by the owner.

I doubt they have a familiarity on the model on the whole, twas unfortunate but as you'd expect it was dealt with well.

Even with any of the con's towards the Mondeo on the whole, it is a great little secret. I'd have liked a 2010 but found a '09 Zetec that I couldn't say no to. Good to hear you're loving it.
well thats right, and brake hoses can be prone to abuse from anyone working on the car from do it your selfers to mechanics, most people know they shouldn't hang calipers by the brake hoses while doing their brakes, but lots of people do , of course no one will ever admit to it.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #50
cmmillar
Starter Motor

Just a quick update on my Mondeo - still absolutely loving it, can't stop washing it as I want it to always look sparkling and new! Was thrilled to get 860klms out of the first tank of fuel (my old Hyundai Terracan would get about 620klms out of the same size tank and it was a diesel also)
Have fixed the problem of the hatch door hitting my garage door when opened, bought some nice thick rubber from Clark Rubber and have attached it to the garage door. A few days after I bought the car I discovered that there was no jack under the spare, which Byrne Ford quickly fixed for me. Loving the Bluetooth, the sensor wipers, voice control and of course the better fuel consumption. My only minor complaint is that the aircon isn't all that cold, which I think I'm really going to feel as summer sets in. But otherwise I'm still totally happy with my decision to buy a Mondeo!
Old 29-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #51
stuart

Quote:
My only minor complaint is that the aircon isn't all that cold, which I think I'm really going to feel as summer sets in. But otherwise I'm still totally happy with my decision to buy a Mondeo!
Actually the aircon is a weak point in the Mondeo in Australia. I believe they are not gased sufficiently for the warmer temperatures in Australia. I had the same experience on my previous MA TDCi sedan from new. I took it back to the dealer workshop and complained. They maintained that there is nothing out of spec as it was delivered from Europe however (as a favour wink wink) they regased it at no charge and it then functioned/cooled as expected in the Australian summer.

I think if you search on the forum you might find some discussion in the past about this subject. Good luck and happy driving with the new Mondeo.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #52
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Actually the aircon is a weak point in the Mondeo in Australia. I believe they are not gased sufficiently for the warmer temperatures in Australia. I had the same experience on my previous MA TDCi sedan from new. I took it back to the dealer workshop and complained. They maintained that there is nothing out of spec as it was delivered from Europe however (as a favour wink wink) they regased it at no charge and it then functioned/cooled as expected in the Australian summer.

I think if you search on the forum you might find some discussion in the past about this subject. Good luck and happy driving with the new Mondeo.
Here is the thread; http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...r+conditioning
Old 30-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #53
cmmillar
Starter Motor

Thanks so much Stuart and Ope126, the aircon seems to be enough when I'm driving it straight from my garage, but when I've got back into the car after being out somewhere it seems to take forever to cool down. My car is the ink blue, so I was expecting it would be a fraction hotter than other cars I've owned. I looked at the link Ope126 and see that you had yours looked at, can you remember how much it was to be regased? Thanks
Old 30-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #54
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks so much Stuart and Ope126, the aircon seems to be enough when I'm driving it straight from my garage, but when I've got back into the car after being out somewhere it seems to take forever to cool down. My car is the ink blue, so I was expecting it would be a fraction hotter than other cars I've owned. I looked at the link Ope126 and see that you had yours looked at, can you remember how much it was to be regased? Thanks
New car warranty covers that! No charge.
Old 30-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #55
cmmillar
Starter Motor

Unfortunately mine wasn't a new car, it's a 2010 model. So it's out of warranty :(
Old 30-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #56
Binny

I need to get mine regassed as well. It works but its not great. My car sits in a sunny car park all day so I have found using the remote to open all the windows before I even get to the car helps. Its amazing how much range the remote has. I do it from the other end of the car park. Then I start the car with the aircon on and drive off with the windows still down. driving for a bit with all the windows down really helps drive the hot air out. After a couple of blocks I put them all up and by then the aircon is pumping out the cold air.
Binny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2014, 06:35 PM   #57
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

My remote works from 6 floors up the office tower to the top of the multi-storey carpark across the road. Great party trick.....
Distance is approx 150m line of sight.
And yes, I think I'll try to re-gas route too this summer.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #58
Cocos
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2008 MA TDCi

Hi just bought an immaculate one with 36000km on clock with full ford service history, brand new brakes and tyres with full leather interior, blue tooth connectivity and to to top it off he gave a $600 NAVMAN...all For $12k!!! I'm a 1st time ford buyer and never thought I'd buy this but after research it ticked all the boxes.....Anyways reason at that price sunroof motor not working which doesn't bother me at all, ( but a bonus if I can get it to wrk) in fact the guy gave me a brand new motor so I can fit it.anyone changed one of these before? Called up dealership they said 8 hrs job looking at a $1000. I'm a machinist / mechanical fitter so can do it my self if someone has done it and can give me some info and tips..would be appreciated..cheers.
Cocos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #59
Deo

Wow, low price AND low mileage! It must be a Titanium then because of the sunroof. What year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocos View Post
I'm a 1st time ford buyer and never thought I'd buy this but after research it ticked all the boxes.....
Welcome to FFA. I'm a first time Ford owner like you. I'm afraid I don't know the ins and outs of the sunroof. I'd suggest starting your own thread here, or you might see what you can find on TalkFord.

MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Old 27-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #60
cmmillar
Starter Motor

Hi Coco's I can't help you with your sunroof, but enjoy driving your new car! I'm still loving mine!