Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 19-09-2007, 11:30 PM   #1
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

alloy tailshafts lick the wang... they are more likely to distort in manuals if you do heaps of compression braking.

wagons, utes and fairlanes have alloy shafts. i am pretty sure most (not gt) e-series sedans had steel ones from the factory from what i have been told from a reliable source. AU's have alloy shafts, and my sources said they have seen cars with bad shaft vibrations, they replaced it with a steel shaft and no more problems.

either way, long tailshafts suck. 2 piece FTW!!!
Old 19-09-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

most of the pre el ones got steel tailshafts dude, some have a small balancer situated at the start of the shaft just out the back of the extention housing. but yes a large majority of them now have alloy. - its cheaper.

Felcen!
Old 20-09-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
Rowy,xr6
Pods rule

I dont know how fast my eb xr6 is, can someone tell me how fast needle bouncing off the bottom of the dash is?
Old 20-09-2007, 01:29 AM   #4
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowy,xr6
I dont know how fast my eb xr6 is, can someone tell me how fast needle bouncing off the bottom of the dash is?
More than your Brakes/steering/tyres can handle
I hope you people (the ones doing this on public roads) are doing it by yourselves, and on a road far, far away from anyone that could be caught up in your stupidity.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 20-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

settle down we all have morals here.................................i'm sure we all did these speeds in highly populated areas in peak hour traffic!!!!!!!
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
Old 20-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #6
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Before this thread needs deletion I am locking it, I think what was asked has been answered in enough detail.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Closed Thread