Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #31
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Sometimes the corners do sneak up on you. I almost hit 2 gutters last week in the Falcon. Last thing I need is to replace 19" rims and rubber. I've already had to replace 1 tyre
i feel for you mate, i am going tomorrow moring to shell out another $250 cos i got a nail in the sidewall of one of my pirelli's, and they dont even make the P6's anymore!! they have only been on the car for like 4 months!!

i also know how you feel OZFORDAU, as i did the exact same damage to a rim on my old EA wagon, 36 hours after i got my P's no less!! but i was chasing a mate round a corner, so, yeah, surved me right
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #32
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Sucks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
i feel for you mate, i am going tomorrow moring to shell out another $250 cos i got a nail in the sidewall of one of my pirelli's, and they dont even make the P6's anymore!! they have only been on the car for like 4 months!!

i also know how you feel OZFORDAU, as i did the exact same damage to a rim on my old EA wagon, 36 hours after i got my P's no less!! but i was chasing a mate round a corner, so, yeah, surved me right
I wish we all had Jame Bond tyres, the tyre that re-inflate them selves!

Where's a really good place mate that sell wheel n tyre pakagers? And whats a really good tyre?

Cheers

Simon :

PS: I also feel for you....That majorly sucks about the nail!
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 12:20 AM   #33
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking About the duc tape.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
They are stock rims? Contact FTG salvage. They might have one they can sell you.

I wouldn't be thinking about using duct tape on a wheel. Especially when its cracked like that. Would be a tad dangerous
Hahaha i was joking about the duc tape! :monkes:

Cheers

Simon
Old 10-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #34
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont feel to bad mate..
least nobody was there!!

and at least you could still drive it

lotsa people smash rims..
look at the supercheap auto racing team on the V8s.. useless they are!!
get a better result on a tow truck!! or even with a bullbar!! AND rear bull bar!!
(i work for supercheap auto in the warehouse.. we always have a laugh bout how terrible the cars go!!)

2 weeks ago i gutter munched my back left rim.. grazed 1/2 way around the lip!! (aspley maccas)

and about 2 months if not more before that i gutter munched the same rim on a new ramp in the morayfield shopping center

why do they have to make the carparks/drive thrus like maze's

good luck with ya rim mate!
Old 10-04-2006, 12:50 AM   #35
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
dont feel to bad mate..
least nobody was there!!

and at least you could still drive it

lotsa people smash rims..
look at the supercheap auto racing team on the V8s.. useless they are!!
get a better result on a tow truck!! or even with a bullbar!! AND rear bull bar!!
(i work for supercheap auto in the warehouse.. we always have a laugh bout how terrible the cars go!!)

2 weeks ago i gutter munched my back left rim.. grazed 1/2 way around the lip!! (aspley maccas)

and about 2 months if not more before that i gutter munched the same rim on a new ramp in the morayfield shopping center

why do they have to make the carparks/drive thrus like maze's

good luck with ya rim mate!

Thanks mate, it's goona hurt my hip pocket a lot! At least the Supercheap Auto team can just get another rim when eva they want! So u work in the Supercheap Auto warehouse eyy.....Hmm im thinking u wanna start a little buisness involving a white van....HAHAHA :nutsycuck
Old 10-04-2006, 01:54 AM   #36
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

supercheap sell alot of RUBBISH..
but we can get in ANYTHING from the rocket industries catalogue..
anything from SAAS
autotecnica
aerpro
acl (except pistons)

good fun
but we dont see it at the warehouse

and its got heaps of security there aye:|.. electric fences... bag checks.. its crazy..
its like they have absolutly NO trust for their employee's..quite sad really
Old 10-04-2006, 01:01 PM   #37
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Make sure you haven't damaged more than just your wheel ... a hit like that can bend suspension componentry as well .... it may not look damaged ... but it most likely put your alignment well out as well.

Best get it checked by a suspension place just for piece of mind ... and get a wheel alignment when you get the new wheel and tyre on.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 01:14 PM   #38
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Make sure you haven't damaged more than just your wheel ... a hit like that can bend suspension componentry as well .... it may not look damaged ... but it most likely put your alignment well out as well.

Best get it checked by a suspension place just for piece of mind ... and get a wheel alignment when you get the new wheel and tyre on.
Yes i'll certinly do that! How much would it cost for a suspension check?

Cheers

Simon
Old 10-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #39
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I am pretty sure Pedders has a $14 28-point check with full report.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #40
BJMXR

And if the alignments out just a little, getting it checked will save your new tyre.

Alternatively, you know this could be a good time to look into new rims and rubber as a package. But of course that'll be over the $1000 mark, so it might not be practical...
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #41
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I am pretty sure Pedders has a $14 28-point check with full report.
Yep they do, but the full report thing they gave me was a "she's good, nothing wrong!"

So much for the full report!

It would be certainly worth the alignment though. Bob Jane would be able to tell you if something was amiss I'd think.

BTW Bob Jane always have wheel and tyre packages, some look ok too. There are many here that like them, and some that reckon buying wheels from places like Bob Jane would make them too common. My next door neighbour bought some amg 17's in a package a few weeks back for his EL Futura wagon. Tyres were Dunlop LeMan. That looks nice.

I see their point, it wouldn't fuss me though! Heck, I bought the Series 1 16inch Clover Leaf rims off Casper!! They are the rims most people get rid of straight away. I like em though!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #42
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Like the New Zealand Sheep said to the Shepard , "F!@# Me !" That Mag is Kaput

Time for some newbies !

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #43
hawke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Because they are made out of magnesium.. seen that stuff burn??!!!
You can weld magnesium, you just need the correct pre heat and a Magnesium rod. However, the qualifications still stand on getting the temper correct with the heat treatment.

The only magnesium race car parts that can be successfully welded are gear box casings.
hawke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #44
SIKSIX
Its gone V

hey OZFORD i would recomend you upgrade your tyre type and size. i went bridgestone turanza er30, in 215 on the front and 225 on the rear, it gives it heaps more grip and now the *** end doesnt try and catch the front end around wet round-a-bouts, also braking is heaps better.
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 02:35 AM   #45
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Not the same all around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSIX
hey OZFORD i would recomend you upgrade your tyre type and size. i went bridgestone turanza er30, in 215 on the front and 225 on the rear, it gives it heaps more grip and now the *** end doesnt try and catch the front end around wet round-a-bouts, also braking is heaps better.
I thaught that ur suspossed to have all of the same tyre size and make ete around the car???? Am i incorrect? :

Cheers

Simon

PS: What do other people of SIXSIX's idea?
Old 11-04-2006, 03:16 AM   #46
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

no you can put 24"x15"s on the back and 16"x6"s on the front if you want
Old 11-04-2006, 03:39 AM   #47
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u
no you can put 24"x15"s on the back and 16"x6"s on the front if you want
LOL, ok cool! I get the oint thou haha!

Cheers

Simon

PS: LOL the simese twin thing is funny : :
Old 11-04-2006, 04:09 AM   #48
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can have what ever rims you like..
as long as the overall diameter of rim and tyre combo is within like 15mm of factory spec
and there is other rules for different width..track.. etc
Old 11-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #49
Ringo
I see you....

RE92 are original equipment for CommieDore's....

Average tyre to start with but get even more average when they get a bit worn. I used to have em on my company car....they are almost as bad as Eagle GA's....boy they were a handful.

I convinced my boss to part with a few extra $ to get me B'Stone GR50's. A lot more tyre for a little extra $. Silica compound, direction tread pattern - very sure footed in the wet.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #50
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
RE92 are original equipment for CommieDore's....

Average tyre to start with but get even more average when they get a bit worn. I used to have em on my company car....they are almost as bad as Eagle GA's....boy they were a handful.

I convinced my boss to part with a few extra $ to get me B'Stone GR50's. A lot more tyre for a little extra $. Silica compound, direction tread pattern - very sure footed in the wet.
What sort of mileage did you get out of them?

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #51
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why are they crap??? they are a normal tyre. your not a race car driver or anything

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #52
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon_AU
why are they crap??? they are a normal tyre. your not a race car driver or anything
Well for one they arnt a wet weather tyre! And they have no silica in them at all! They were a cheap tyre that came with the car in the first place! And there bottom of the line and hard compund $hit! That preety much answers ur question!

: