The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #31
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2.9% worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
NEWS FLASH

2.9% is happening again in February, only on selected Falcon sedan and all Territory, good news! If you guys get stuck and not able to find what you want to buy in Falcon I will try and help you.

Please don't take notice of the "there is no Falcon stock" out there, its BS.
That is good news, good to see Ford pushing the local stuff. Any reason why the Falcon ute was not included?

It should be interesting to see what it does for sales in both Jan & Feb.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #32
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
That is good news, good to see Ford pushing the local stuff. Any reason why the Falcon ute was not included?

It should be interesting to see what it does for sales in both Jan & Feb.
I am not sure, but my guess is because there isn't much 2012 stock, the 2.9% is on 2012 plated vehicles.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #33
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2.9% should be the rate for the australian built stuff, it would make allready great cars more attractive to buyers
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #34
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
NEWS FLASH

2.9% is happening again in February, only on selected Falcon sedan and all Territory, good news! If you guys get stuck and not able to find what you want to buy in Falcon I will try and help you.

Please don't take notice of the "there is no Falcon stock" out there, its BS.
Can we get a list on what is included?

I know Territory Demos are now included?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #35
AdamL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
Can someone in the know please clarify the terms on the Ford 2.9% finance compared to others? e.g finance max term etc. Why is the Ford offering so much better than others?
It's not from what I can tell.

Nissan has 1% on 5 different models for terms of 3, 4 and 5 years.
Toyota has 2.9% on selected models on a 4 year term. This is the same as the Ford deal.
Volkswagen has 1.5% on selected models on 3 and 4 year terms.

All deals are based on a $30k loan over 5 years even if the actual maximum term available is less. None of the deals have lump sum payments.

It's shame Ford came late to the party on these lower interest rates as the manufacturers that started early had a clear market advantage, whereas now the low interest rate is just the new level(ish) playing field.

It's also a shame to see such good cars doing so badly. 780 Falcon's last month is dismal!

Last edited by AdamL; 01-02-2013 at 06:31 PM.
AdamL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #36
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2365 for Focus shows the 2.9% finance was a great success
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #37
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

780 Falcons sold in January, is that confirmed,really really hope not
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #38
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mazda3 starts year leading in Australian new car sales.

Australian new-car buyers have kept their foot on the accelerator and the industry is set for another record year – despite the federal election – with provisional figures showing a sales surge in January after last year’s all-time high.
Related Coverage2014 Mazda3 images leakedNew car sales price: Mazda3Toyota Corolla Furia ConceptHow to dress up a Toyota CorollaToyota Hilux revampedMore on MAZDA
Some pundits believed the push to 1.1 million sales last year might have led to a drop in sales in January as sharp discounting pulled some orders forward. But provisional data shows the market is up by about 10 per cent compared with the same month last year, pushing past 84,000 deliveries for the first time. The previous January record was 82,270 set in 2008.
Mazda has claimed top-selling-car status for the second January in a row as the Mazda3 (3345 sales) led the Toyota Corolla (2960) and Toyota HiLux (2750).
The boss of Mazda Doug Dickson told News Limited earlier: “I think this year is going to be another record. From our understanding, personal savings are at all time highs and private buyers will remain strong. “And even if resources [sectors] come off a little, they’re not going to go away. They’re still a very big industry and they need new cars. I don’t think we’re going to get the massive increases we got in some of the segments but we’re still forecasting a 3 per cent rise.”
Market leader Toyota – which held a record 103,000 sales lead over its nearest rival in 2012 and has been the top selling brand for the past 10 years – also predicts sales will eclipse 1.1 million in 2013. But the peak body, the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries, believes sales will fall to 1,075,000. “During this election year, and with production now having caught up with back orders, FCAI forecasts a national automotive market of 1,075,000 for 2013,” said the chief executive of the FCAI, Tony Weber.
But federal elections have not hurt sales before. In 2007 new-car sales eclipsed 1 million for the first time, and it was the best year on record until 2012. The year 2010 was the second-best on record at the time. The official sales data will be released next week but provisional figures shared by the industry showed the Nissan Navara came within striking distance of its ute rival, the Toyota HiLux, to rank fourth (2475 sales).
The Ford Focus small car had a record January result (2365 sales) and sold at almost quadruple the rate of the Falcon (780 sales), which posted one of its lowest results on record. Ford announced in 2007 it was going to build the Focus in Australia but it reversed the decision in 2009 and that model now comes from Thailand.
Holden’s Commodore (1650 sales) was outsold by the Captiva SUV (2155 sales) and only narrowly ahead of the Cruze sedan and hatch (1630). The Mazda CX5 (1625 sales) and Ford Ranger ute (1450) rounded out the top 10; Holden’s Colorado ute finished just outside the cut-off (1420 sales).

http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and...rge_in_january
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #39
notty1978
NOTTY

We still a lots of Limited Editions left in sedan and utes. If anyone wants one give me a call
and same for the territory's
as the 2.9% is still on so get in quick
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #40
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Do the limited editions come in ecolpi at all?
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #41
ShootsWithFilm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
It's not from what I can tell.

Nissan has 1% on 5 different models for terms of 3, 4 and 5 years.
Toyota has 2.9% on selected models on a 4 year term. This is the same as the Ford deal.
Volkswagen has 1.5% on selected models on 3 and 4 year terms.

All deals are based on a $30k loan over 5 years even if the actual maximum term available is less. None of the deals have lump sum payments.

It's shame Ford came late to the party on these lower interest rates as the manufacturers that started early had a clear market advantage, whereas now the low interest rate is just the new level(ish) playing field.

It's also a shame to see such good cars doing so badly. 780 Falcon's last month is dismal!
From my understanding, you can get 2.9% on 5 years with Ford.

For us (I.E., wife and me), it really was a bit of a no brainer - We had planned replacing our AU at some point this year (probably closer to December then January!), but the 2.9 swung it over the line with our new Terri.
ShootsWithFilm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #42
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
780 Falcons sold in January, is that confirmed,really really hope not
Considering January is a rubbish month for Falcon normally and it has only been selling just over 1000 a month anyway it sounds about right.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #43
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if onlu the ecolpi XR6 ute came in the LE - i'd be all over it like a fatkid on a cup cake
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #44
Espec

Are Ford offering 2.9% on FPVs as well
Espec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #45
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Picked up a Focus sport on the 31st. Its replacing a 1997 EL Falcon, that i've been driving for the last few years.

Compares very well against the Titanium Mondeo that my dad drives.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #46
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espec View Post
Nope.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #47
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espec View Post
And the 2.9% Finance finished on the 31st of January.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #48
rdmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH View Post
And the 2.9% Finance finished on the 31st of January.
Actually still being offered on Falcon and Territory in Feb, it was in todays paper.
rdmr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #49
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As a Fiesta owner I take a good deal of notice of how many of them are on the road and recently there's been a LARGE increase in the numbers of them. When we got outs 3 years ago you could go weeks without seeing another one. Now especailly in the last couple of months they are a very common car. Sales must be way up recently.

I saw a dealer with three willing Falcon buyers pull out of buying a Falcon while I was at a dealer waiting for about an hour the other day. All three were there to buy but not buying because they knew the Falcon was going out of production soon. The dealer probably wasn't helping himself by saying he hasn't been able to sell a single ecoboost and could have sold a ton of diesel Falcons if Ford had of gone that way.

Heaps of the new Focus out of the roads at the moment too.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #50
ShootsWithFilm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmr View Post
Actually still being offered on Falcon and Territory in Feb, it was in todays paper.
And not all variants at that. For Territory's, I believe its only on Petrol models (in SA at least).
ShootsWithFilm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #51
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We are looking to buy the Fiesta ST when it arrives here, hopefully it comes in that awesome yellow the Focus ST has !
Old 02-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #52
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam View Post
I saw a dealer with three willing Falcon buyers pull out of buying a Falcon while I was at a dealer waiting for about an hour the other day. All three were there to buy but not buying because they knew the Falcon was going out of production soon.
Help me to understand the logic here..

All 3 where Falcon buyers "ready to buy", but all 3 said no because Falcon was out of production soon? Was the "out of production soon" new news? Your story doesn't make much logically sense to me!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #53
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Joe I was in the dealer for a long time waiting for a timing belt change to be done on our car and the salesman was sitting down with prospective customers, people that obviously already had a relationship with this guy and had bought cars from him in the past. But as they asked and he explained the situation with the Falcon the conversation changed into more of a well that's a pity... talk and then they started talking about Mondeos or waiting to see what the replacement for the Falcon will be. They all went from being enthused (but concerned over Falcon ending stories) to not enthused at all. Even a woman that came in to get a bonnet cable for her BA and was quite bitchy about them breaking all the time (must be a common thing?) she was even asking the spare parts man if there would still be parts available for Falcons after it's gone. Every word spoken in the place all day was downbeat and almost like a shop having it's final week of sales before it closes up! it was an amazing thing to see. I had no idea the public were seeing Ford in this light. The salesman himself was telling them with sales dropping at the rate they are he can't see the Falcon lasting past 2014 at all. I'd be dropping a diesel in them tomorrow if I was Ford, even if that's the plan for 2014 it's too late.

I on the other hand was pumped because every day that passes gets the Fiesta ST closer :!) lol
Old 03-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #54
colloz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Yep... Just a shame they didn't have a few more FG's floating around like Limited Edition Utes...
You had to be quick with the Turbo utes. I was after a white one and couldn't get one, ended up with Kinetic.
colloz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #55
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Quote:
Joe I was in the dealer for a long time waiting for a timing belt change to be done on our car and the salesman was sitting down with prospective customers, people that obviously already had a relationship with this guy and had bought cars from him in the past. But as they asked and he explained the situation with the Falcon the conversation changed into more of a well that's a pity... talk and then they started talking about Mondeos or waiting to see what the replacement for the Falcon will be. They all went from being enthused (but concerned over Falcon ending stories) to not enthused at all. Even a woman that came in to get a bonnet cable for her BA and was quite bitchy about them breaking all the time (must be a common thing?) she was even asking the spare parts man if there would still be parts available for Falcons after it's gone. Every word spoken in the place all day was downbeat and almost like a shop having it's final week of sales before it closes up! it was an amazing thing to see. I had no idea the public were seeing Ford in this light. The salesman himself was telling them with sales dropping at the rate they are he can't see the Falcon lasting past 2014 at all. I'd be dropping a diesel in them tomorrow if I was Ford, even if that's the plan for 2014 it's too late.

I on the other hand was pumped because every day that passes gets the Fiesta ST closer :!) lol

Biggest BS I've read on here in a while. A dealer....knocking back sales, and then the salesman stating no more falcons to be built?.....
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #56
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford dealership in Melbourne told me to 'forget the falcon, I wouldn't even try to sell you one'
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #57
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No ******** mate that's what he was saying, there was no faith at all in the Falcon in that particular dealership. They had quite a few in stock but seemed to have no interest in attempting to sell one despite having plenty of stock. He said they just can't sell them and that they will be gone (out of production) soon, he said that straight to to a potential customers face while they sat in his office!.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #58
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Ford dealership in Melbourne told me to 'forget the falcon, I wouldn't even try to sell you one'
If that is true that is a bloody joke. By dealership do you mean a salesperson? I would follow that up with the DP... That person doesn't deserve the job...

I wonder.... Perhaps Ford should invest in 'mystery shoppers' like so many other service orientated businesses... May clean up some of the rot.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #59
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No ******** mate that's what he was saying, there was no faith at all in the Falcon in that particular dealership. They had quite a few in stock but seemed to have no interest in attempting to sell one despite having plenty of stock. He said they just can't sell them and that they will be gone (out of production) soon, he said that straight to to a potential customers face while they sat in his office!.
Were you sitting in his office too... Sounds like porkies to me, no salesman with half a brain would say that when he had stock sitting on the floor.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #60
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

honest, true i swear.. i beliefs everything i read on teh internertz..
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post