Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-11-2007, 11:13 AM   #31
gozza

It all makes sense now - I understand your frustration
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #32
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Well Deception Bay is screwed.
Old 27-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #33
duncanwhite

I got random drug tested in my ED falcon about 5 months ago. It was a little annoing. They went though all my stuff in my car. Me and my mate were going to my parent's place for the weekend too so we had all our gear. It's funning because me and my mate are Christian (not someone who just goes to church and thinks they're covered) so they proberly got the wrong car.
They ended up giving me a yellow sticker for having extrators with out a permit and some oil on the engine that I spilt earlier. The dumb thing is extrators are aloud now (found that out later).
Sorry for being a little off topic
Dunc
duncanwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #34
dishpig
Only an xr6...

My mates at work found out about this today and were reacting like they were taking away their rights. One of them gets stoned fairly often doesnt have a lisence (did some really stupid stuff and hasnt paid the fine) and he was bithcing the most lol.

Mate - Thats radiculous what if you had smoked 2 days before and you got caught they cant book you for that.

Me - But you do relise that weed is illegal

Mate - Yeah but what if you did it two days ago and they pull you over.

Me - You still smoked it and its still illegal, you can't smoke it at all,

Mate - But everyone does weed how will they do that

Me - THATS WHY THEY"RE DOING IT, TO STOP PEOPLE FROM SMOKING WEED. IT"S ILLEGAL NO MATTER WHEN YOU SMOKED IT.

He never truly got it, I don't understand these people lol.

Why don't people just get drunk it's funner, safer and tastes better. (I hate drugs and people who make excuses to use them)

Edit - I think this is the first new law the government has brung in that this forum has wholeheartedly congradulated. The politicans are finally growing brains.

TICKFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPV

Last edited by dishpig; 27-11-2007 at 09:17 PM.
dishpig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #35
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Damn, i knew queenslanders were slow but....
Hehe jokes :
Its just a strip thing you put under your tongue, its not like you have to in a bottle...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #36
muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishpig
My mates at work found out about this today and were reacting like they were taking away their rights. One of them gets stoned fairly often doesnt have a lisence (did some really stupid stuff and hasnt paid the fine) and he was bithcing the most lol.

Mate - Thats radiculous what if you had smoked 2 days before and you got caught they cant book you for that.

Me - But you do relise that weed is illegal

Mate - Yeah but what if you did it two days ago and they pull you over.

Me - You still smoked it and its still illegal, you can't smoke it at all,

Mate - But everyone does weed how will they do that

Me - THATS WHY THEY"RE DOING IT, TO STOP PEOPLE FROM SMOKING WEED. IT"S ILLEGAL NO MATTER WHEN YOU SMOKED IT.

He never truly got it, I don't understand these people lol.

Why don't people just get drunk it's funner, safer and tastes better. (I hate drugs and people who make excuses to use them)

Edit - I think this is the first new law the government has brung in that this forum has wholeheartedly congradulated. The politicans are finally growing brains.
You do realise that alcohol is a drug too right? So are caffeine and Panadol. Not trying to make excuses for people taking illegal drugs. Just trying to point out that you cant hate people that take drugs if you drink.
How is this for stupidity. I have a back injury that I got at work. The doctor put me on morphine tablets. The silly thing is my employer was quite insistent that I take these pills so that I could come back to work. I asked them if they would like it if someone that was whacked out on morphine ran over their kid just because he had to go to work or get the sack. I told the doctor about my employers insistence that I use morphine to relieve my pain and then drive to work. He hit the roof and rang them on the spot and gave them a mouthful.
The thing is there are far more people driving around under the influence of prescription drugs than there are illegal drugs , and these road side tests don't pick up things like morphine . One guy I used to work with used to take 4 or 5 of these morphine tablets and then drive 1 hour to work every day.
They need a test to get these people of the road too.
Old 28-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #37
dishpig
Only an xr6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
You do realise that alcohol is a drug too right? So are caffeine and Panadol. Not trying to make excuses for people taking illegal drugs. Just trying to point out that you cant hate people that take drugs if you drink.
How is this for stupidity. I have a back injury that I got at work. The doctor put me on morphine tablets. The silly thing is my employer was quite insistent that I take these pills so that I could come back to work. I asked them if they would like it if someone that was whacked out on morphine ran over their kid just because he had to go to work or get the sack. I told the doctor about my employers insistence that I use morphine to relieve my pain and then drive to work. He hit the roof and rang them on the spot and gave them a mouthful.
The thing is there are far more people driving around under the influence of prescription drugs than there are illegal drugs , and these road side tests don't pick up things like morphine . One guy I used to work with used to take 4 or 5 of these morphine tablets and then drive 1 hour to work every day.
They need a test to get these people of the road too.
I do realise that but all those are drugs legal, I was reffering to illegal drugs in that sentence. Didn't know I had to point that out.

TICKFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPV
dishpig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #38
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The legallity of the substance is not at question. You can not takes someones liscence for driving under the influence if they are not.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 07:52 PM   #39
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
The legallity of the substance is not at question. You can not takes someones liscence for driving under the influence if they are not.
Obviously they can. If it comes up in your system on the type of test they are using, its not a blood test, then its fair to assume youre still under its influence.

Sure it will vary for some, but the law cant make exceptions for individuals, just as with .05. The major difference here, is if you provide any positive reading, youre sunk. The legality of alcohol allows a tolerance up to .05. If they didnt follow it up when a positive test is given, then they may as well condone certain levels of illicit drugs. Be thankful they are using a test that has limited potential for returning a positive.

Last edited by fmc351; 28-11-2007 at 07:59 PM.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #40
muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishpig
I do realise that but all those are drugs legal, I was reffering to illegal drugs in that sentence. Didn't know I had to point that out.
You didn't have to point it out I knew what you were talking about . I was just refering to this statement "Why don't people just get drunk it's funner, safer and tastes better. (I hate drugs and people who make excuses to use them)". I just thought it was funny thats all. Kind of reminded me of my old man standing there with a beer and a smoke in hand saying "if you smoke pot I will kik your'e a$$ lol.
Alcohol is just as dangerous as most illegal drugs. Did you know that pure heroin does no damage to any organs in your'e body at all. The only thing is if you take to much of it your'e heart will stop beating and you will die. But the road side drug testing wont pick up heroin so it's a bit of a joke realy. But at least it gets some drug users of the road.