Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #31
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So will this have all the diagrams and writing silk screened back on? or will it just be painted over, and you'll have to remember which knob does what?

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #32
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

yeah the little symobs will still be there... im painting it all lightning strike but masking of the 3 circles... they will just have some clear coat over them to make them abit glossy...
backlighting and all will still be working...

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #33
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah fair enough. Should look good.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #34
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Mate... that is excatly what i was planning! nearly to the letter! looks like it wont be 1 of a kind after all :P
Old 03-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #35
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

overall shot

Steering wheel now centred... just drilled some new holes in the colomn bracket so now they line up with the BA frame...

this is in Neutral... looks like its becoming a classic 2 Speed lol 2nd 4th and reverse... ill get a b series gear stick tomorrow as they're are angled back

Was

Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #36
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

many issues with the fitment?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #37
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

well after 600kms of driving in the last 2 days i now have 1 and 2 halves of a ba dash, BA Air box, BA Steering Column, ba xr6 front and lights (now fitted to the misses BA) 2 rear power window regs, alot of speaker wire (to hook the up), a premo sound amp and sub (for the ba)
Dash 1 - From FTG auto salvage - $375 - Great condition but missing a few buttons and has a proper looking cover over the passanger airbag... i thought all BAs had duel airbags...?
Dash 2 - X Drag Car from a Exhaust Place - $170 - its Grey :( but couldnt say no lol... when i stopped at the closest wreckers they said dont have anything but go see this bloke hes building a BA drag Car and might still have the dash... sure enough he did, came with cup holders, vents, auto shifter (not that i need it), good passanger airbag , BA Airbox, Steering Column
Dash 3 - Free one in above pics - $0 - missing everything... pretty much just got to make sure i wasnt about to waste my cash...

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 06-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #38
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam.giles
well after 600kms of driving in the last 2 days i now have 1 and 2 halves of a ba dash, BA Air box, BA Steering Column, ba xr6 front and lights (now fitted to the misses BA) 2 rear power window regs, alot of speaker wire (to hook the up), a premo sound amp and sub (for the ba)
Dash 1 - From FTG auto salvage - $375 - Great condition but missing a few buttons and has a proper looking cover over the passanger airbag... i thought all BAs had duel airbags...?
Dash 2 - X Drag Car from a Exhaust Place - $170 - its Grey :( but couldnt say no lol... when i stopped at the closest wreckers they said dont have anything but go see this bloke hes building a BA drag Car and might still have the dash... sure enough he did, came with cup holders, vents, auto shifter (not that i need it), good passanger airbag , BA Airbox, Steering Column
Dash 3 - Free one in above pics - $0 - missing everything... pretty much just got to make sure i wasnt about to waste my cash...
Want to give me one? lol
Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #39
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

um no :P

i think you can help me blueprint... does your au have one or 2 airbags...?
in one of the ba dashs i got a blank airbag cover with a little loom that just connects one wire to the other (no airbag errors when passanger airbag is removed) just wondering if the AU is like this...?

Cheers Cam

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 06-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #40
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
um no :P

i think you can help me blueprint... does your au have one or 2 airbags...?
in one of the ba dashs i got a blank airbag cover with a little loom that just connects one wire to the other (no airbag errors when passanger airbag is removed) just wondering if the AU is like this...?

Cheers Cam
I'll hit a wall and find out for you... might help get rid of my current frustration too...

On another note... i noticed with my S1 climate controls that the dials are 2 seperate parts... the silk printing is on a 2nd piece of plastic that holds the buttons and dials... BONUS!

Old 06-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #41
_CRUZ_
Ford Owner

my au1 has driver and passenger air bags if it helps
_CRUZ_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #42
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Also... mine only has "one" (dont even know if that works...)
Old 06-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #43
BA_GTR

Hey cam,

You've done a lot of work, it's shaping up nicely! Just curious.. Will you be using a BA cluster or an AU cluster? I know it might be tricky, but it might be worth trying to get the AU cluster electronics inside a BA cluster just to give it that complete look
BA_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #44
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

yes i plan on buying a XT Cluster to have a play with..., but this wont happen for another month or 2... now for my current problem...i have done this (found this doing a search)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper69S
a coupla months ago i decided to ditch the grey forte interior as the seats had been worn out by the police when they owned it, and i'd spilt house paint on the carpet and it was in pretty bad shape generally. bought a black SR interior from a wrecker in perfect cond for $650 - i thought not a bad deal for the whole thing, seats, carpet, door trims, centre console, dash...
anyway i did everything but the dash the weekend after i bought it, and put the dash in the too-hard-for-now basket.
well last saturday i decided it was taking up too much room in the garage, so bit the bullet and got stuck into it. surprisingly it was all pretty straight forward and it all went together nicely. my one mistake was that when dropping the steering column, i went to find something to support it with, but then bumped it accidentally, and it fell to the floor - it had pushed through the firewall into the engine bay and was quite loose. anyway i sort of pulled it back in and got it tight but was still plenty of engine noise so took it to ford today to get them to fix it. they charged me 3 hours labour ($366) to remove and re-fit the bearing that holds the steering column.
they said that they would normally remove the steering column entirely when doing this kind of job. my question for future reference is - how do you remove the steering column? is it just a case of undoing the small screw i saw at the base of it?
the only good news was the ford bloke said if they'd done the dash swap it would've been well over $1k in labour...
the black interior is very nice though i must say. just need to find a few bits and pieces the wrecker forgot to include like the steering wheel, gear knob, glovebox and a few other things...
fter some advice on getting this bush in... im not the biggest fan or giving money to mechanics... i cant really get the bush in because its in such a tight spot... i can see 3 bolt from the engine side that hold the plate on... looks like it should come off pretty easy... (you think this would help...?)

also how would i remove the whole steering column...? (could make the job easier) i can see one bolt on top of the shaft inside the cabin just before the firewall???

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 06-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #45
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #46
BA_GTR

Hehe.. for those that are interested they are from the Max Ellery manual... well worth the $40 odd dollars although they do miss things (ie refer to removal of passenger airbag section... there is no passenger airbag section lol)
Old 07-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #47
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

update... still needs a few more hours with the sander...

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 07-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #48
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

ooo.... when thats smoothed out... it will look nice with a silver based H/U...
Old 07-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #49
BA_GTR

Cam, got another random question for you... Do the aircon vents line up properly? I mean, in theory they should because they are in very similar locations, but if they are *slightly* off will it affect airflow that much?

At the end of the project, you should write a summary of how much it costs and whether you'd recommend it to others who want to try it.. me being one of those who are really keen in the results. Keep up the good work
Old 07-02-2009, 12:31 AM   #50
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

yeah im keeping a list of things iv had to drill/hacksaw vents to the windshield are pretty close to lining up... vents to feet and face dont come close... more on that later...

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #51
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_GTR
At the end of the project, you should write a summary of how much it costs and whether you'd recommend it to others who want to try it.. me being one of those who are really keen in the results. Keep up the good work
lol... i'm more than interested here... i'm already planning it out and ringing the wreckers.. lol... and i dont even have the car yet :P
Old 07-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #52
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

this is the actual dash im using the centerconsole lids a bit crappy and its grey so ill be looking at a new one soon...

Splits Install
Crossovers - just in front of the gear still in what was the tissue holder
Woofers - Installed in factory Locations behind factory grill
Tweeters - Installed in the Vents

Fuel Release/Boot Release - Exactly the same loom connection

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 07-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #53
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

That looks bloody fantastic! hope mine looks so good!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #54
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

rear power windows in and wired...
attacked the AU handbreke with a sledge hammer so it now fits..
getting the steering thing that i broke fixed tomorrow

so all is happening

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #55
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Good to hear mate!

Whats your plans with the instument cluster... sure stands out as something different!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:22 PM   #56
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEPRINT
Good to hear mate!

Whats your plans with the instument cluster... sure stands out as something different!
i have no idea atm... havent been able to get hold of one as yet...

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 09-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #57
_CRUZ_
Ford Owner

well i saw some on ebay today so take a look, white looked nice i think, can u show some on the rear power windows and how you did it, whats needed etc tyvm
_CRUZ_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:43 PM   #58
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
i have no idea atm... havent been able to get hold of one as yet...
I was planning in making a patch lead for it... using as many of the AU sensors as possible and adding new ones if need be.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #59
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XX
well i saw some on ebay today so take a look, white looked nice i think, can u show some on the rear power windows and how you did it, whats needed etc tyvm
no worries... i have just created my own looms so doesn't reallt apply to AUs..?

Purchased
- BA Door Trims with Power Window Buttons - $40? (ebay)
- AU/BA Rear Left and Right Window Regulators - $82.50 Each (Kingswood Country - Melbourne)
- 2 x 12M of Speaker Wire (i think its about 12 gauge - Supercheap Auto) - $25
- Nulon Ezy Glide Silcone Spray- $13 (Super Cheap Auto)

(Please note i have not yet wired up the rears to the front switch so im not sure if i have calculated the pins etc correct... these pin numbers are from looking at the back of the switch of a Non Back Lit Switches)

BA Single Switch Pins

1-2
3-X

X-4
5-X

Has only been tested with 1 Connected to 12V Acc Wire and 2 + 5 Grounded

1 = Power Supply From Front 4 Window "Lock" Switch
2 = To 4 Window Switch "Up" (Depending on what window your wiring up)
3 = To Motor Reg + (Red)
4 = To Motor Reg - (Blue)
5 = To 4 Window Switch "Down" (Depending on what window your wiring up)

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 13-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #60
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Hey all got it all in for the all ford day this sunday... as of now i have no time left for the car... (to many things to organise) so it all in and working... not real happy with the fascia... i can see this being attempt 1 of 4 or 5 lol...
but hears a few pics

also had a problem with the door locks... it would appear that the BA interior door handle cables are slightly longer than the au. so when the interior door handle is in its home position the cable is slightly pulled...(so when you lock the car then open the outside door handle it unlocks all the doors pretty much what the inside door handle does) this doesnt affect anything other than that i have fixed this ... pics later (in a week or so)

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont