Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #31
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV70
Uh Yeah : I am aware of the XR's and FPV.

Are you aware of my point?

Holden and HSV are seen to be giving what the people want.

Holden and HSV are making cars Ford don't.

Yeah yeah We all seen FPV's, but what we are talking about is that Holden are giving people cars to actually think about like a SS Wagon, R8 Wagon, aswell as the sedans.

Wikenshaw tunes cars yeah ok, but the fact that he has been associated with Holden and HSV for years is something that counts.

Ford? Anyone there?
Actually no.. after that response ive got no idea what your point is...........

Old 22-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #32
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Are you aware of the Ford XR and FPV range???!!!
If modified cars float your boat have a look through the hundreds of threads in the Boss and I6T section, there are countless examples of aftermarket tuner modified XR6t/8's and F6/GT's that produce every bit the level of performance this aftermarket tuner has got from the sports wagon...
He is onto something on the Wagon Subject, a Nice FG "Sportswagon" XR8 would tick alot of Boxes for me at the moment, my sedan is getting used less and less and a Ute isn't an option for long term, im not that keen on a Territory and not selling my XR8 to get a TT Ghia.

WPP may only be a "Tuner", but their packages for the price do punch out alot of top line competition and for that cosidering the warrenties are still in place, should be considered a Step up and one closer to the OEM market than a Herrod, BPR, NIZPRO, APS, Ect.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #33
FPV70

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
He is onto something on the Wagon Subject, a Nice FG "Sportswagon" XR8 would tick alot of Boxes for me at the moment, my sedan is getting used less and less and a Ute isn't an option for long term, im not that keen on a Territory and not selling my XR8 to get a TT Ghia.

WPP may only be a "Tuner", but their packages for the price do punch out alot of top line competition and for that cosidering the warrenties are still in place, should be considered a Step up and one closer to the OEM market than a Herrod, BPR, NIZPRO, APS, Ect.

There we go, 1 for 1.

Also, we have dogs (family pets in case you don't know) and it is somewhat illegal to put them in the boot of an XR/GT according to the R.S.P.C.A so something of a decent V8 wagon might be nice.

Thats just one point spelled out so it doesn't confuse the more simple folk here.
Old 22-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #34
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
a Nice FG "Sportswagon" XR8 would tick alot of Boxes for me at the moment,
Funny you should say this...

Just today my wife and I were having what seems to be a never-ending discussion about what to get next. She's over the want for 4WD height and midway through she just said "I'd get another GT if they made a wagon, like those HSV ones we saw the other day".

I don't think I would, more because I am reluctant to get into bed with Ford again but it was an interesting thought at the very least.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #35
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006

Just today my wife and I were having what seems to be a never-ending discussion about what to get next. She's over the want for 4WD height and midway through she just said "I'd get another GT if they made a wagon, like those HSV ones we saw the other day".

I don't think I would, more because I am reluctant to get into bed with Ford again but it was an interesting thought at the very least.

Similar to my partner "Why don't ford make a nice Wagon like Holden" we arn't that fussy either just a G6E Equivilent in Spec Trim with a Base 5.0L would suit us well.

I think Ford Jumped on the SUV train with the Territory and Forgot that not everyone wants something of that Size and there is a market for Nice Wagons, just Ford hasn't made one compared to the competition since the Late E-Series (Fairmont V8 Wagon).
Old 23-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #36
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that looks awesome! pricey, but awesome.

And even though I'm a ford fan, you have to love that when the FG came out, ford didn't bother bringing a new wagon "because no one buys wagons" then holden brings out a sports wagon and cleans up!!!

Couldn't of done better really
Old 23-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #37
Outback
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJOHN
Ummm may be quick and may have some practical uses...
BUT damn thats one butt ugly front end....yuck !!!
I hear you brother, it reminds me of the current FPV front ends just butt ugly.
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #38
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV70
Uh Yeah : I am aware of the XR's and FPV.

Are you aware of my point?

Holden and HSV are seen to be giving what the people want.

Holden and HSV are making cars Ford don't.

Yeah yeah We all seen FPV's, but what we are talking about is that Holden are giving people cars to actually think about like a SS Wagon, R8 Wagon, aswell as the sedans.

Wikenshaw tunes cars yeah ok, but the fact that he has been associated with Holden and HSV for years is something that counts.

Also, they are not affraid to annouce their presence with their product.

Ford? Anyone there?
Agreed! In my opinion (and Im not an expert in any shape or form, nor have I got any of the answers) it seems Ford Aus have "thrown the baby out with the bath water" when it comes to some of their latest decisions! Dropped the sport model wagons because the market dried up; Holden started a few years later with a few limited edition SS wagons which seemed to sell well, I assume that's why they felt they had a strong market for the VE sports wagon.
Ford the tooled up a great car in the Territory, but left the wagon 'as is', with the notion that "if you want a family wagon, you'll buy a Terry". That went gang busters but has slowed. Now the nails all but in the coffin of even the basic wagon... Why? Cause there's the Terry! And if you want a hyperfast family wagon there's the... Ummm, it's gone, didn't sell many, SO that mean Aussies don't want a hyper powerful family wagon.., Sorry, but there's the Ghia Terry Turbo.
Also Ford Aus found they couldn't sell many V8 family run abouts and when the BOSS arrived they sourced a 3V V8 for a few select models. Didn't sell many, and depending on who you believe, only the XR8 (or equivilant, depending on who you listen to) and FPV's will use the 5L V8.
I don't want to sound all doom and gloom here but to me it seems that if something doesn't work first time then the Ford bean counters pull the plug and bury it so it never returns.

Holden on the other hand seem to have done some homework and test the waters with small runs of vehicles to see if there's a market, if not, they kill it but don't completely right it off. If there is they profit from it like no bodies business!

Now on the brighter note, the new 5L supercharged FPV's are the first taste since the Terry introductory stage that everyone seems to be sitting up and taking notice! And surely if there is a market for it, a new Halo FPV would be just what the doctor ordered to give some of the other companies a scare, not to mention a brilliant platform for the likesof Herrod, Nizpro etc the perfect base to make Mr Walkingframes creations seem a little pedestrian?

Come on Ford!!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #39
b2tf
not here much anymore

Every time these cars come out the standard "wake up Ford" etc arguments come out. It has been said time and time again but for those who missed it:

This is not a Holden built car. It is an aftermarket car that uses a standard Holden model as a base. Therefore, it is not a direct competitor to Ford or even FPV.

Is that not clear enough?

Ford = Holden
FPV = HSV (unless you ask Harding)
Walkinshaw = Herrods/whoever on the Blue Oval side of things

It is unfair/unreasonable to compare a car like this to anything that you can currently buy from a Ford dealer because this car is not one you can buy from a Holden dealer!
Old 23-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #40
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
that looks awesome! pricey, but awesome.

And even though I'm a ford fan, you have to love that when the FG came out, ford didn't bother bringing a new wagon "because no one buys wagons" then holden brings out a sports wagon and cleans up!!!

Couldn't of done better really
Cleans up ???,..... i doubt it.... anyone silly enuff to pay 100K for one of these things needs to sit down and wonder why .... For 100k id much rather look elsewhere... Not only Holden , but even ford trying to sell a car for that much is nuts... quality from both is less than desireable and ford does have a point , would they sell enough to justify the cost involved ??...
Maybe this is why Holden has to keep asking for Govt handouts....

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #41
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

That hatchback has great stance, looks good but I'd still prefer a V8 Territory.
Old 23-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #42
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Every time these cars come out the standard "wake up Ford" etc arguments come out. It has been said time and time again but for those who missed it:

This is not a Holden built car. It is an aftermarket car that uses a standard Holden model as a base. Therefore, it is not a direct competitor to Ford or even FPV.

Ford = Holden

It is unfair/unreasonable to compare a car like this to anything that you can currently buy from a Ford dealer because this car is not one you can buy from a Holden dealer!
I don't know whether your referring to my post or not; and I apologies if you're not, but I think there are a few here not talking specifically about the Walkindoor but Ford and Holden in general allowing for these 'spin off's' to be developed because these base platforms are/not developed.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #43
FPV70

Quote:

Ford = Holden

We get the idea that they are tuned cars from another company but what some people are saying is that although these cars are tuned elsewhere, they have an alright base to start from and also put their product in a place to be seen.
Yeah we know about Herrod and the likes but they don't show the world what they have to the pont that Walkinframes does.

Yes we know that Walki SS Wagon is NOT sold like that by holden but the fact they have done it speaks volumes to the public.

To the Majority, perseption is what it takes and Holden are Perceived as having a superior product because of these kinds of cars.

In the end, if a company is seen to be making a product that appeals to the imagination of people all ages and they can talk about it at the dinner table, the pub, club, at work even then thats a good thing. The most we hear about Ford at the moment is how they are going to make the Falcon FWD or they are bringing the Taurus back or the Wagon is going the way of the Fairlane and Panelvan.

Dare I say, how can you support a company that is reducing it's range in favor for a small car market and also wants to make Aussie jobs redundant?

I love our Falcon, Always have and always will but rather than put a doom and gloom on the thing, why not make the product a little more exciting by offering more variants and set something in concrete about Aussie jobs and Aussie cars.
Old 24-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #44
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cleans up ???,..... i doubt it.... anyone silly enuff to pay 100K for one of these things needs to sit down and wonder why
My bad, i meant the holden sportswagon is cleaning up, no the walkie version
Old 24-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #45
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Has anyone here actually seen one single real live Walkinshaw?

yeah they are popping up here in the western suburbs... they must be selling their lexus and porche wagons as the kids are moving on.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #46
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:

Ford = Holden

Agreed Austin, but i could give a Toss about the Walkinshaw version, it's the car this is based on ala 'Sportswagon' that raises my eyebrows and makes me wish ford had something similar.

FGII 5.0L M6 XR8 Wagon would go well as my Daily and i could even fit the dog..
Old 24-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #47
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
That hatchback has great stance, looks good but I'd still prefer a V8 Territory.
Someone did make that - themselves of course...
I think i've got photos - and it was on the forums here somewhere...

Had GT running gear in it... and it was blue...

Hell yeah... thats what we want...
Old 24-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #48
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
Someone did make that - themselves of course...
I think i've got photos - and it was on the forums here somewhere...

Had GT running gear in it... and it was blue...

Hell yeah... thats what we want...
FTG Auto Salvage - site sponsor. Last I saw it a month or so ago it was on carsales for mid 30G. Bargain really.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #49
weenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006

Do you mean one like this maybe. At around $10k for the extras it is a little cheaper than WP. :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPwFU587h6s
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #50
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Quote:
If you want a silly car go to Nizpro or Herrods or whomever and get them to build it for you. It will be as genuine as a Walkinshaw.

I suspect for $140,000 Rob Herrod will build you a DJResque FG XR8 with Walkinshaw matching performance.
Interested to what is meant by a silly car?

My interpretation of Walkinshaw; is a business that supplies performance parts, enhances a vehicles performance and develops and retail cars, is this correct? The develops and retail part, the same business model as FPV.

And the likes of Nizpro and Herrods supplies; are businesses that supply performance parts and enhances a vehicles performance. Mot too sure how these type of businesses would fit into the same category?
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #51
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
Interested to what is meant by a silly car?

My interpretation of Walkinshaw; is a business that supplies performance parts, enhances a vehicles performance and develops and retail cars, is this correct? The develops and retail part, the same business model as FPV.

And the likes of Nizpro and Herrods supplies; are businesses that supply performance parts and enhances a vehicles performance. Mot too sure how these type of businesses would fit into the same category?
A silly car is one that has been modified to be far more powerful than its original design. While the engine may be a work of art the chassis and the rest of the drive train have not been engineered with excessive torque in mind.
Due to the extra performance the driver must take extra care when driving.

A twin turbo GTP is a silly car.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #52
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Quote:
A silly car is one that has been modified to be far more powerful than its original design. While the engine may be a work of art the chassis and the rest of the drive train have not been engineered with excessive torque in mind.
Due to the extra performance the driver must take extra care when driving.

A twin turbo GTP is a silly car.
Valid point. But it is fun being silly.
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #53
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
Valid point. But it is fun being silly.
Oh yes. Many of my cars including FPVs have been silly.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #54
BLKWDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman6
Yes... Very.

I thought they looked horrible in pictures! Then I saw one! I wished I could have sliced off my cornea so as to make my mind think of something else rather than 'how could someone make such an ugly plastic attachment?!' Then it occurred - this is the company that came up with this:

*shudders
I love the look of it. Out of the factory bodykits we get on cars now this one had an actual purpose and was wind tunnel tested for maximum flow. But back to the point. I'm a die hard holden fan but dont see why people would bother purchasing these cars when you can buy an ss make it faster, stop better and handle better for alot less doing it yourself. The way i see it people who buy these cars do it for **** factor nothing more.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xsessi...3215500?ref=mf
Cheers Daz.
BLKWDW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #55
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cleans up ???,..... i doubt it.... anyone silly enuff to pay 100K for one of these things needs to sit down and wonder why .... For 100k id much rather look elsewhere...
How is it any different to someone buying a standard SSV Sportswagon, and spending $43,990 on it on top of the original price tag? Which is the cost of this package.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #56
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

If it had a 'proper' SSV nosecone id be happy. The front that is on it (GTO) is hideous.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #57
PaDDy555

does all these new 400kw+ walkinshaws mean that ford will grow some balls and bring the GT-HO nxt year above the 400kw mark? i read somewhere they've had un-confirmed engine dynos of over 400kw?

2008 FG XR6T sedan

Tint, XYZ coilovers & debadged

"We don't need to visit madhouses to see disordered minds; our world is the madhouse of the universe"
PaDDy555 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #58
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaDDy555
does all these new 400kw+ walkinshaws mean that ford will grow some balls and bring the GT-HO nxt year above the 400kw mark? i read somewhere they've had un-confirmed engine dynos of over 400kw?
These Walkinshaws are only performance enhancements to current Holdens, and HSVs. They're not proper production models.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #59
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

The thing that got my attention was Walkinshaw backs his mod package with a full driveline warranty into the cost of its parts. Who else 'aftermarket wise' offers that kind of deal?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #60
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaDDy555
AH.... NO.. Herrod could come up with a "kit" and market it against the Walkinshaw range of upgrades, this has nothing to do with FPV...