Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #31
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd89
Join the Army. I enlisted at 17 and I'm 22 now. I've experienced far more than people twice my age could ever hope to experience in their lifetime. Mind you, I can't post any of said experiences on the net either.

I applied in 2006 at 16 and have been WADING through DFR ever since, at the final stages now, OSB coming up.

Where r u posted?

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #32
smally289
growing up is optional

Going to Adelaide International Raceway in 1976 to watch Moffat beat the Toranas in an XB GT he borrowed from John Goss as his was destroyed in a bushfire. He won that race and went on to win the championship too.
As a 6 year old, that was an awesome experience!

Driving my XY GS around Mt Panorama for several hours rates right up there as a cool moment too, especially as it was the day after the 1989 race and Johnson had smashed them in his Sierra.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #33
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Umm….on the grog one night at a mates with some birds…we played some tag team and not of the wrestling kind. Well, kinda…

Weekend long bucks party in Airlie Beach….Drank the entire time, got muscled by boucers, lost 1 thong, various hook ups, passing out at a bar and waking up a fair while later, getting chucked in a paddy wagon, etc etc

Heaps of other typical early 20 year old male stuff…

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #34
NickosBF2XRT

the best thing to happen to me was probably in a america walking down hollywood blvd, this gy was handing out tickets to a live show, so me and my Dad went to check it out...Only to find out it was a live taping of the TV show MAD TV- the sketch comedy one. I met all the cast, 2 of which are now on that show "S#&t my dad says!"
Old 18-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #35
XW WA

beat the Out Back Jacks challenge down at Freo one lunch time and that was after 3 pints and a garlic bread
XW WA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #36
michael_ozzie
Consistently Dusty

Buying a unit, age 22.
Finding the perfect girl for me, nearly 5 years ago.

Funny how many of us in the early 20's age bracket are already in the property game, and with partners... The forum must attract the sensible crowd.

HD Tow Bar, Rear Airbags, Reversing Camera & Trans Cooler
michael_ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #37
remps88
Twin Banger

well im 19. best moments would have to include:

finishing year 12 at 16.

getting my car while on my L's, after knowing nothing about cars whatsoever, and gradually learning what a machine i owned!

Buying my first investment property in melbourne. auctions were scary!

being a bartender at winton raceway and meeting HEAPS of the v8 drivers. frosty, lowndes, etc.

racing sidecars, 150+kmph, less than 100mm off the ground, shoulder rubbing on the road, 200kg machine with 180hp at the treads... power to weight ratio of incredible!

riding my roadbike for the first time. even if its only a 250.

being named in the top 100 poker players in victoria.

playing on the same poker table as gus hansen. (majority of you wont have a clue who he is, but he is poker royalty.. like. ablett for afl.)

those are the ones that jump at me. i can happily say im very pleased by my teens. and i turn 20 in april :(

2006 EGO bf xr6. 6spd manual. 19 inch Dark Agent wheels. pedders lowered shocks and springs. full extractors and 3 inch exhaust. dvd player. 2x12inch alpine subs. leather seats. xr6 turbo intake. reverse sensors.

2007 CBR600rr. black and grey, acropovic exhaust, shorty levers, and the ability to take on a lambo in a 0-100 race.
remps88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #38
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2008, Flaggie at Oran Park for the last of the V8's.
Working about half way along pit lane for 4 days - so meeting with the drivers, also an awesome spot as the cars skim the wall at 240k about a metre from you...
Then getting ride around there with Shane Van Gizbergen on the Tuesday after the event..
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #39
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The first time I ever drove a V8. It was dad's 5L VL Calais, and it was around Mt Panorama. Couldn't have picked a better day either. I got to drive from the top, down. I still remember coming down Conrod, and giving a squirt coming out of the Chase.

Just awesome.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #40
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Ok...
To many things to list some major ones just quickly of the top of my head.

17 Met GF Now Wife.
18-19 Bought AU, Modding, Car Shows and Cruises was the best fun times
20 Bought My First House
20-21 Car was Featured in Street Fords Magazine, My Fame.
20-21 Sold AU :( one of the Sad days of my life.
22-23 Proposed to GF Got Married, Bought Small Business, Got a New Job aswell.
23-24 Bought F6 Tornado, In 2 months Write-off in accident uninsurred lost $$$
near death experience big wake up call.
24-25 Bought Land looking forward to building semi-dream Home.
25 - Met Darrel Leahman Cricketer took pic. More Suprises are just around the corner.
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #41
KYSBF

Having an awesome wife and a couple of kids and owning my own home are most definately the coolest things I have atm.

Plenty of less cool stuff, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, actually every time at Bathurst, met Frosty, Lowndes, driving road trains, bucks party, mustering cattle etc etc.
KYSBF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #42
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by remps88
well im 19. best moments would have to include:

finishing year 12 at 16.

getting my car while on my L's, after knowing nothing about cars whatsoever, and gradually learning what a machine i owned!

Buying my first investment property in melbourne. auctions were scary!

being a bartender at winton raceway and meeting HEAPS of the v8 drivers. frosty, lowndes, etc.

racing sidecars, 150+kmph, less than 100mm off the ground, shoulder rubbing on the road, 200kg machine with 180hp at the treads... power to weight ratio of incredible!

riding my roadbike for the first time. even if its only a 250.

being named in the top 100 poker players in victoria.

playing on the same poker table as gus hansen. (majority of you wont have a clue who he is, but he is poker royalty.. like. ablett for afl.)

those are the ones that jump at me. i can happily say im very pleased by my teens. and i turn 20 in april :(
you would know Mr Rossiter then??

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_ozzie
Buying a unit, age 22.
Finding the perfect girl for me, nearly 5 years ago.

Funny how many of us in the early 20's age bracket are already in the property game, and with partners... The forum must attract the sensible crowd.
I agree im 20 and hitched, really sensible crew..............most with high powered cars

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Old 18-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #43
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

You met Gus Hansen? I think he is one of the BEST poker players in the world. Lucky you! You got to play at the same table?? Bit jealous now...
Old 18-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #44
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Age 15 - Winning our local Junior football competition in the Final against an undefeated team, a very cool feeling.

Age - 16 - Meeting Marcos Ambrose at the "Ford V8Superstars" breakfast, while he was at the "main" table with all of Ford Australias heavy hitters at the time.

Age 17 - Moving to WA, working my @$$ off and buying my XR8... Then moving back to Vic.

Age 21 - Buying our first house with my Girlfriend of 3 years.

Im 22 going on 23 this year, hopefully a few more cool moments to come in this lifetime..
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #45
remps88
Twin Banger

iv heard the name rossiter before. but cant say i know him first hand.

yeah it was incredible. threw my game off completely too, was just in awe of him sitting to my left. i was doing really well too, but when he came and sat, everyone just like changed their strategy. lol.

he is easily my biggest idol when it comes to poker. and he is really nice! haha

2006 EGO bf xr6. 6spd manual. 19 inch Dark Agent wheels. pedders lowered shocks and springs. full extractors and 3 inch exhaust. dvd player. 2x12inch alpine subs. leather seats. xr6 turbo intake. reverse sensors.

2007 CBR600rr. black and grey, acropovic exhaust, shorty levers, and the ability to take on a lambo in a 0-100 race.
remps88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #46
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

My cool moment short list :

Wedding day.
Watching the birth of my children.
The first time I got my knee down on a road bike.
The first time I got the wheels up in my car.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #47
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

pretty much every cool moment of my life i can't or shouldn't post here, mainly because they may well make me too uniquely identifiable.
Old 18-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #48
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
pretty much every cool moment of my life i can't or shouldn't post here, mainly because they may well make me too uniquely identifiable.
Now you have to tell us

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #49
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool is really ones own interpratation

But some memorable moments for me was marrying my wife and the birth of both my kids (watching them grow up is a cool moment every day)

outside that I've either built or worked on a large number of cool cars, I do all my building in house with only the trim outsorced (hopeing to change that on the chev)

My wife and I recentlty realised a dream by buying 5 acres in western Sydney,

I've Been involved with a quite a few major firefigthing campains in NSW, ACT and VIC All things I personaly look back on and go eh! thats pretty cool.

I've met some insperational old skool raceing drivers such as Moffet, Brock, Johnston & Grice

Like every one though Ive had my share of bad 5hit as well but all said and done theres been more good stuff than bad I look at this thread and see some replys of eh nothing cool has happend to me, I think you should take some stock guys I think if you look back properly you'll suprise your self

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #50
glavas

well i dont know if this is cool but its very proud for my family.

my grandfather served in ww1 my uncle in ww2 my father in korea myself in vietnam my son in iraq and timor and now my grandson in afghanistan.
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #51
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by remps88
iv heard the name rossiter before. but cant say i know him first hand.

yeah it was incredible. threw my game off completely too, was just in awe of him sitting to my left. i was doing really well too, but when he came and sat, everyone just like changed their strategy. lol.

he is easily my biggest idol when it comes to poker. and he is really nice! haha
Came 3rd in Aussie millions, was in my maths class at school

One thing I've noticed, and its not a bad thing, all the things mainly unique to Australia. Eg all Australian V8 drivers.

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Old 18-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #52
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Hmm, coolest moments in my life...

1st would be meeting my wife, she was 14, i was 15, will be 20 years in December.

2nd would be the birth of our 3 children.

3rd was today when my 6yr old came home with his 2nd SRC badge in as many years at school, all 3 have been SRC twice in their primary school years.
Makes me proud to know they are all well liked and respected.

Many others but none compare to the above few.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #53
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd89
Join the Army. I enlisted at 17 and I'm 22 now. I've experienced far more than people twice my age could ever hope to experience in their lifetime. Mind you, I can't post any of said experiences on the net either.
mate its not opsec if its just deployment related tags.

ok so i joined the army when i was 18 im now 24
have been to East Timor in 2007
Afghanistan in 2009/2010
had the best years of my life since i have been in, it has allowed me to travel extensively both on and off deployment and the mateships i have made will last a lifetime.

have traveled Europe and Britain twice traveling and snowboarding
Canada traveling and snowboarding
the states traveling and snowboarding
also purchased two investment units

i suppose being in the army i have had alot of opportunities to do things that i would have never done, had i not have joined. best thing i ever did, it straightened me right out and made me realise that you only live once, and to make the most of every moment
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #54
prasac
Banned

i had sex in a cold room once that was pretty cool
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #55
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

just waiting for the law to change....will get back to you......
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #56
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Literally hundreds of great moments
Cars & bikes... Racing against AND knocking off Victor Brays black 57 at Heathcote in my 429 Customline in the late 70's when his was still a street car.
Edit (forgot).. Having one J. Peterson in his black 289 Mk 111 Zepher kick my XRGT's **** 3 times in a row at Calder one day.
Winning Fordform.com drag day at Heathcote back in 04 in my Pursuit.
Driving my best mates p3 at 140mph (flat out) as dawn was breaking one crisp morning in the 70's.
Blitzing 2 of the "Vigilantes" quickest 900 Kwakas on my home-built HRD Vincent, when 900's were king of the road.
Others that come to mind (un car related) would be Diving Fish rock cave at South West rocks. (it would be the most claustrphobic dive ever)
Shark diving in 70ft of water with about 15ft visibility and about 50 large Grey Nurses at Seal Rocks off Forster-Tuncurry (and living to talk about it!)
Comming out of the water at Warrnambool pier with a 4kg cray under my wing and having Tom Selleck standing there to greet us. (he was filming some obscure movie at Flagstaff maritime villiage at the time)
Getting "narked" (away with the fairies) at about 160ft deep in absolutely crystal-clear water (you could see the boat on the surface) in Vanuatu, and getting grabbed by the dive-master and taken back to the shot-line.
As others have said.. Naturally, the birth of my 2 fantastic children AND watching them grow into caring, level-headed, responsible young adults!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )

Last edited by Charliewool; 19-02-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #57
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADSKY

thats General Jack O'Neill! he is my idol!!! where did u meet him? THAT IS COOL!!!
SURE IS!!!

I went to Sydney for a Stargate convention (Sorry but I cannot stand stargate) I went there JUST to meet Richard as im a huge Macgyver fan.

I was the only one dressed up as macgyver with mullet wig, leather jacket and so on while there were cling ons and androids all around me (again sorry i dont know the names of the characters) You would have been in heaven CADSKY.

cost me $60 per autograph - got my Phoenix Foundation shirt signed, my Macgyver box set lid signed and some photos of his signed.
The photo of him and me cost $100 but it was SO worth it, he was well impressed with my efforts to look like him and we had a quick chat.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #58
Tough Ford

Meeting the Mrs, having a son, marrying the woman who gave me the son.... buying my first coupe, buying my XR6 turbo after an EB V8, then buying my second coupe (project still not finished, cause I'm gunna ).

The Mrs. talking me into going to State of Origin in Qld cause a mate had a spare ticket and ending up at the State Of Origin players after party hanging out with past and present Blue's Origin Greats! Drinking double JD & coke on the NRL - serious hangover!

Cleveland goodness wrapped in a FORD shell
Tough Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #59
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I am not sure about coolest thing, because my Kids being born and what not fall under greatest.

TBQH, I don't think I can name one, I have not been to a concert, live show, never been to a race track or met any of my movie or sporting hero's, so I must say I don't have a coolest moment. I lead a very boring life.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #60
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Best parts of my life:

- Getting my first job at 15
- Buying my first new car at 17 with my own hard earned, the Fiesta.
- Buying my second new car at 19 with my own cash, the Focus.

Worst parts of my life:

- Spending $43,990 on cars
- Writing off my new Focus on Monday
- Having to deal with insurance companies
- Working at a Honda dealership

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 19-02-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post