Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #31
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: the new Everest Trend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
If Fuel economy is a big factor to you, then the 2.0 biturbo with 10 speed auto is worth waiting for.
In my honest opinion it will be the go. The 3.2 is tired, I think the 2.0 will be an improvement on all accounts.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
In my honest opinion it will be the go. The 3.2 is tired, I think the 2.0 will be an improvement on all accounts.
Being a passenger car engine it should be miles ahead in refinement. The 3.2 is a bit rough. Although the 5 pot exhaust note is pretty good.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #33
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Being a passenger car engine it should be miles ahead in refinement. The 3.2 is a bit rough. Although the 5 pot exhaust note is pretty good.
Yes on idle the 2.0 sounds like an old tractor.. The 3.2 sounds better.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2018, 03:35 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Yes on idle the 2.0 sounds like an old tractor.. The 3.2 sounds better.
Its pretty vibey though. Feel it a lot when accelerating. The 2.0 should be much better in this regard. The 3.2 feels pretty agricultural. 2.0 is a passenger car engine that has had considerable work done to it in terms of nvh.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #35
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should have an Ecoboost engine as an option imo.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Should have an Ecoboost engine as an option imo.
Well the 2.3 is all set for the us ranger. They should give people the choice. It would be pretty decent with a tune, exhaust, intercooler.

Probably depends on what sort of economy it has i guess. Probably no point offering it if its very heavy on fuel compared to the diesel.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #37
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well the 2.3 is all set for the us ranger. They should give people the choice. It would be pretty decent with a tune, exhaust, intercooler.

Probably depends on what sort of economy it has i guess. Probably no point offering it if its very heavy on fuel compared to the diesel.
People buy Toyota Kluger, that’s a petrol only model and guzzles gas like a champ.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #38
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Agreed re the new donk. I've literally just stepped out of driving a new Everest Trend (dealer loan car) and the one thing I didn't like is the 5 potters sound. Sounds wheezy to me, far an away a better sounding (and performing) engine is my Grand Cherokees's V6 3.0 oiler.

l find the Everest interior to be a little low rent, specifically around the HVAC controls and center console, dash arrangement was nice though, liked the satnav info appearing within the binnacle.

Handling wise, I wouldn't put it in Territory class but for what it is, more than acceptable and well ahead of my GC, but I prefer the GC's ride

Fuel economy wise, this ones driven around town (Perth)/peak hour traffic, the dash readout reports 11.7/100 but I suspect that's oddly high, it only had 4,700 on the clock so may not be truly freed up and it's probably driven like its stolen.

Had a 2016 Kluger (pre new transmission) about 16 months ago, that was reporting 10.1/100 in suburban/peak traffic and my diesel GC gives around 8.9/100 in identical traffic, gives me just over 1,000k's/tank. On the open road, this will easily drop to 8/100.

If I was out there choosing between the Everest and GC now, i'd still go for the diesel GC Larado, a lot of value for the $$ and has a 5 year warranty. Everest needs a modern donk and although not as significant, could do with a more modern interior.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post