Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #31
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Default Re: A true Australian hero

What a bunch of *********.

Yumi Stynes? This stupid twat isn't even classed as a D list celebrity, and George Negus? All he is is an old oxygen thief who is making pointless and annoying appearances on shows like The Circle and The Project all because he's under contract with Channel 10 since he's garbage of a news show was cancelled after what, two months for being as interesting as watching bloody paint dry.

These two clowns should be crucified.

chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #32
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yumi and George Negus have learnt their lesson after their stupid comments about Ben Roberts-Smith. What tex said was correct, he's been through much worse things in life to worry about what those nobodys have to say, but what I don't get is why someone would support Yumi comments, and that's exactly what I saw when I checked the TVTonight website. I've noticed the commenters on that site are extra stupid and tonight was just another reminder of the disrespectful morons that gravitate to down there.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #33
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Go rambo . Those tv presenters have permanently tarnished their image. Not you though mate.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #34
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Negus is probably still asshurt after his crap current affairs show was canned.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #35
deadlywill
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
That's a **** show anyway, bunch of moles crapping on about how they're all experts in all things in the whole wide world
ha ha brilliant
deadlywill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #36
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not to diminish the craptitude of what Negus and Stynes said, but I reckon the Corporal would've gotten over this a lot quicker than anyone else did. The guy is so far above this kind of petty crap that it would hardly be a blip on his radar.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #37
mytgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So thats how you try to get ratings, Hopefully it works & your ****** show gets canned!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #38
anto
Za Dom spremni

outrageous ! and a half arsed apology to boot..

her career is over !
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #39
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Again`st my better judgement I watched the 1st 5mins of that d grade show to see what dumb bimbo had to say for itself.
Disgusted, what a **** poor vain attempt at an apology, whatever little credibility she had left would be well and truly in the gutter now...
Guy devotes his life to our country protecting oxygen thieves like her and gets put down on national tv.
Kudos to this soldier for dealing with the whole thing so well.
Hopefully Karma pays everyone involved in this a visit
Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #40
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Maybe the botox injections in her forehead have seeped into her brain?
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #41
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I accept that if some guy on say the footy show said say Jennifer Hawkins was a dud root there would be hell to pay, but the guy in question is a really Aussie bloke and took it on the chin and moved on and I think we should too

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #42
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Normally not much that gets said on the idiot box gets me riled, but this time they have gone over the top.
I have written to the TV station expressing my disgust and informing them that I will also be writing to all the advertisers that are supporting that show.
By doing this I hope that advertising money would be pulled and the show would have to be axed with no funds.
If enough people did this we could make a difference and get this show axed. This Aussie bloke deserves our support and even though he is tough enough to take it on the chin and move on gathering enough public support to get the show axed would really show him how much the general public appreciates what he has done for us all.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #43
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I'd love to see either of them say it to his face.

He's a behemoth of a man. I can just picture him snapping Yumi in half like the useless twig she is.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #44
Aust_Monty
Starter Motor

Mr Roberts has done his part, If those 2 *** clowns (and Negus should know better being a war jurno) can talk about him that way, then our boys and girls of the armed forces in doing that, are winning the war on terrorism. If we wernt we would all be in our own version of the book by George Orwell 1984.
Aust_Monty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #45
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They shouldnt have said it, as he his a hero true.
The thing that gets me is when are they going to change the name of the Victoria Cross?
When the Republic happens maybe?
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #46
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

The thing that shat people off about Negus' comments was that he said it in the context of BR-S and his Mrs needing IVF treatment to have kids, which no doubt outraged anyone who has had to rely on IVF to have kids as well. Poor form and completely unnecessary.

And someone tell "bee stings" Stynes to STFU already, she's said it, it's done, no amount of prevarication and excuses can change it now.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #47
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

true hero indeed and handled himself perfectly, making them look more stupid.

has anyone else noticed, that he looks exactly like every "war game" ie battlefield, CoD, poster soldier? massive dude who would kill you by speaking to you?

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
RepSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #48
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
They shouldnt have said it, as he his a hero true.
The thing that gets me is when are they going to change the name of the Victoria Cross?
When the Republic happens maybe?
Not sure if you're serious or not... you do realise that the Victoria Cross is named after the (late) British Queen - not the Australian state
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #49
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six
I know most of us here don't like A Current Affair, but I liked their attack segment on The Circle tonight. What an absolute joke of a show and presenters.

Here's the story plus video.
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/celebrity/...ar-hero-mocked
Pot.

Kettle.

Black.
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #50
prydey
Rob

yeah, AFF is much more mature!! no one on here would ever slander someone or make derogatory comments about someone they didn't know

so many hypocrites!!

as for the word hero - i believe there can be more than one meaning. to a 6 year old, someone like ricky ponting might well be his hero. sporting hero. too many 'heroes' get all hung up on pedantics.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #51
b055m4n

Thumbs down Re: A true Australian hero

what a way to treat a soldier that acted in the true spirit of diggers gone. Bloody grubs the lot of them.....and has for the apology..yer right..that should have been done in person if they where sincere.
b055m4n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #52
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8
Not sure if you're serious or not... you do realise that the Victoria Cross is named after the (late) British Queen - not the Australian state
Yes, I am serious.
I would like Aus to have its own name for its greatest award. cut the colony mentality.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #53
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
Yes, I am serious.
I would like Aus to have its own name for its greatest award. cut the colony mentality.
This relates to this thread how ?

Time and a place to bring this topic up , this ain`t one .
Old 03-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #54
BigBlue

One of the sponsors for The Circle has also moved on.

Suisse vitamins has now removed any connection with the show after a flood of complaints to their website.

Peter.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #55
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
yeah, AFF is much more mature!! no one on here would ever slander someone or make derogatory comments about someone they didn't know

so many hypocrites!!
very true, but no one on here is rude - just everyone else who comes into contact with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
as for the word hero - i believe there can be more than one meaning. to a 6 year old, someone like ricky ponting might well be his hero. sporting hero. too many 'heroes' get all hung up on pedantics.
agree again - no one has the right to tell me who i consider to be a hero. it is amusing when those people try to tell me how i should think and then complain of a nanny state metality

i do find it a little funny that someone who has posted so passionately against someone playing with balls being considered a hero, but has also called a wife basher a "great man" just because he could drive and sell snake oil as effortlessly as he raised his hand to his ex wife. everyone is allowed an opinion but those 2 opinions seem to contradict to me

from what i saw on the show, i am not sure that the comments were any worse than what other shock jocks or social commentators have come up with. they are no better, and i still despise the concept of shock jocks and social commentators
the thing i find most disturbing that didn't seem to have have a big deal made of it, was when stynes made her tearful apology and still made it all about her, with her personal announcement

it was good to see the mr roberts-smith to take it all in his stride - that is what true heroism is about. not just looking danger in the face, but being humble and gracious afterwards

Last edited by gtxb67; 03-03-2012 at 02:25 PM.
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #56
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
One of the sponsors for The Circle has also moved on.

Suisse vitamins has now removed any connection with the show after a flood of complaints to their website.

Peter.
Make it two sponsors. Mitsubishi have pulled the pin as well.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #57
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
So dissappointing that people are that desperate for any publicity (Yumi Stynes and George Negus) that they feel they need to attack someone who has served this country so well.
Agreed.

One thing I heard on the radio the other morning, I was listening to The Grill Team on TripleM and I'm pretty sure Matty Johns said it. He said something like, What if it were Kyle Sanderlands(on their sister station), had of said it, would have been fired without question. And they were a little confused as to why the "right action" was never taken on those persons. So it appears TEN settles for a lame apology and moves on, no real discipline.
It was actually good to re-listen to the podcast, was a good conversation. Good to hear them discuss it, they seem a bit more down to earth than the others....

Good thing the Grillers decided to get some back and took the **** out both Yumi Stynes and George Negus.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #58
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Oh and on the topic of the interview with Ben Roberts-Smith.

Makes me proud to be Australian

Also proud of my many cousins who also serve and excited for the youngest of my cousins just accepted into the the RAAF flight program, was one of the 30 picked out of 11,000 applicants
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #59
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When a media personality provokes controversy, I usually look up their Wikipedia pages and see if they get vandalised. In this case there has been a lot of inappropriate comments added to both George Negus and Yumi Stynes Wikipedia pages.

Negus's page
Quote:
This still does not stop him from being stupid and insensitive He apologised for his behavior but the videos clearly show him as being jealous and threatened by the alpha male. Poor form.
Stynes' page
Quote:
By 2012 Stynes managed to become the most hated women in Australia
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #60
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cpl. Roberts-Smith is not only a hero but a hero with class in my book.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post