Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-02-2006, 02:41 PM   #31
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Old farts on the other hand are self centred, obnoxious, obtuse individuals who do not care about anyone but themselves and believe the world owes them.
So in escence, you are an old fart in the waiting? A young fart if you will?

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 19-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #32
Jokers Wild
ANYWHERE ANYTIME

Quote:
Example of old fart behavior. On a holiday tour, free coffee, tea and bikkies are provided. Old farts fill their pockets with tea bags, sugar sachettes, bikkies etc. even though others have not had a cuppa yet.
Not only have most of the old people lived through the depression and a world war or 2 they now have to contend with the tea bag police.
Quote:
/end rant (again)
Yes please
Old 19-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #33
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokers Wild
Not only have most of the old people lived through the depression and a world war or 2 they now have to contend with the tea bag police. Yes please
Well it stands to reason, you never know when the Kaiser might be brought back to life through cloning, then shoot an archduke, then next thing you know you are sitting in a trench in 19 feet of mud, with a 303 with no bullets, being charged by an entire company of the huns, and having nothing to defend youself except a teabag, a pocket full of fine sugar and a bloody lemon slice!

Of course in my day we didnt get a bloody wedge of lemon, we had to make do with a turnip dipped in kero.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 19-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #34
luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Mummy
then from the back seat, my 5 year old yells out "shlemiel" (a'hole in Yiddish)
Why does your five year old know how to say "a$$hole" in Yiddish??

:hihi:

Old 19-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #35
Yummy Mummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Why does your five year old know how to say "a$$hole" in Yiddish??

:hihi:

Your guess is as good as mine. I had to come home and look it up.

He keeps calling me a dummkopf as well. (looked that up as well and it basically means d!ck head in german)
Old 19-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #36
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Quote:

He keeps calling me a dummkopf as well. (looked that up as well and it basically means d!ck head in german)
Its good to teach them young : then they have all the answers when you need them!
Old 19-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #37
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

haha ur 5 yr old son is awesome as.
Old 19-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #38
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Stop picking on old people, .....................they havent got many games of Bingo left in um. :hihi:

Next time australia needs to send troops to a war torn area of the world, we will send the old farts over and tell them its the world bingo championships and first prise is a years supply of steak and vegies........................get out of their way!
Old 19-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #39
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

So old farts are to blame for everything?Just about everything you young sh8ts are whinging that old farts do, i have encounted in young sh8ts like you lot,what a bunch of sniveling back stabbing sh8ts you are.....
Old 19-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #40
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtopxb
So old farts are to blame for everything?Just about everything you young sh8ts are whinging that old farts do, i have encounted in young sh8ts like you lot,what a bunch of sniveling back stabbing sh8ts you are.....
now now, dont get over excited, remember your "condition".
Now we arent saying you are to blame for everything...... i forget the rest of how that was supposed to go... lets just assume you are to blame for everything and we humbly accept your apology.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 19-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #41
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
So in escence, you are an old fart in the waiting? A young fart if you will?
Yes and with your guidence and tutelage I hope to make it hope one day..... :

Gees there are a few here who have burred up a bit, it was supposed to be a bit of humour, don't take it too personally.

The remark about the war...
WW2 ended in 1945, 61 years ago. For a person to have been an adult at that time they would be in their late 70s at least, way above the age of the people about whom it was writing.
I actually spoke to the ones in front of me who were doing the $30 pay blocks and fighting about the prices.
They were down from a small beachside town north of here on their monthly visit to buy cheap food. They commute daily from this holiday home to their work locations 30km away. One owned a real estate company, the other a travel agency. They were also whinging that they had to travel so far to get service on their Mercedes as there is no local dealer.

"Old fartism" like "young d!ckheadism" is an attitude and lifestyle choice......
Old 19-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #42
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:
now now, dont get over excited, remember your "condition".
Now we arent saying you are to blame for everything...... i forget the rest of how that was supposed to go... lets just assume you are to blame for everything and we humbly accept your apology.
LOL Getting forgetful sourbastard, must be those turnips dipped kero..
Old 19-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #43
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
LOL Getting forgetful sourbastard, must be those turnips dipped kero..
When you forget things when you are old, its senility.
When you forget things when you are a South Australian. Its called Queens Evidence.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 19-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #44
boss-290

Quote:
I have just had the enormous pleasure of shopping at a local supermarket, in this case Coles, and I can now fully understand why automatic weapons are banned.

As it was saturday arvo every person over the age of 60 was there to pick up the "end of week specials". The most dangerous place to be in the world is not Iraq or on the edge of a volcano, it is anywhere that is near an item that is just about to be discounted. The "old fart radar" can sense 5c off on Tinned giraffe snot and they come running at warp factor 6.

Then when you finally escape the wrinkly hoardes you have to go to the checkout. Why is it each line has at least one who has discount vouchers from 1996 but insists thay are valid, challenges the price of every second item and my absolute favorite, pays in blocks of $30 to maximize their petrol discount, a whole 4c per litre off. Now this may seem a sensible thrifty methodology but the discount is for Shell and the nearest Shell is over 40km away!

So as all my frozen stuff is melting and the old farts are scratching around to save that extra 20c I decided to NEVER SHOP AT COLES AGAIN EVER, I do not care if they are cheaper.
I am now looking for the MOST EXPENSIVE shop in town because although it will cost more at least I can buy stuff without being attacked, delayed, annoyed and perturbed....

/end rant

LOL!

Its already started, you with your ranting about old people in supermarkets.

Takes me back to 1934.
Old 19-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #45
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:
When you forget things when you are old, its senility.
When you forget things when you are a South Australian. Its called Queens Evidence.
LOL yeah ok mate..( I can see thats your excuse and you are going to stick to it)
Old 19-02-2006, 05:31 PM   #46
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
LOL yeah ok mate..( I can see thats your excuse and you are going to stick to it)
Thats correct your honour.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 19-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #47
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:
Thats correct your honour.
OK son. sit down..
Old 19-02-2006, 06:13 PM   #48
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14A-Mclaren
Haha, I love old people stories. By that I means stories about old people, I definately don't like stories told by old people, last one I listened to was why trams were better than buses.
And they tell you the same story every time you see them
Old 19-02-2006, 06:41 PM   #49
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Example of old fart behavior. On a holiday tour, free coffee, tea and bikkies are provided. Old farts fill their pockets with tea bags, sugar sachettes, bikkies etc. even though others have not had a cuppa yet.
Sit back and let me share yet another story about my grandmother...

Last year she was invited on a 5 night tour organised by my father, for a group we've been doing jobs for for 25 years.

She was told to be at the church they were departing from by 7.15am, to leave at 7.30am sharp.

She told my Dad all about the bus service that would get her to the main street at 7am, and she would be able to walk to the church (13 blocks away).

Dad informed her she wouldn't make it in time, and told her to catch a cab, (she has one of those concession books for people with disabilities. She's not disabled, she's just tight) he even gave her money to cover the fare.

At the meeting point, 7.30am came and went, with no sign on my grandmother, the driver, Nick, called my Dad, told him she wasn't there, and Dad told him to leave without her.

They started off towards the expressway, through the main part of town, and it was only that Nick happened to look over, that he saw my grandmother standing at a bus stop on the side of the road.
He pulled over and opened the door, and she stood there.

He said hello, and asked why she was standing there, to which she replied that she was waiting for the coach, as she was going on a trip.
She made no attempt to get on the coach.
Nick got out of his seat, telling her this was the coach she was waiting for, but that she had been waiting in the wrong place, and it was pure luck that he had found her. She argued with him on that point, asking if he knew who she was, and that he'd better show more manners, or she'd be reporting him to his boss.
(He no longer worked for us at that point anyway, as he'd gone off to start his own business, but was doing this job as a favour, as the group had asked for him, so they could say goodbye)
He started loading her things and helped her up the stairs.
She pushed him away, saying she didn't need his help, and reorganised all her things again, leaving them running 20mins behind.

Part of the itinerary for the tour was that all meals were provided except morning tea on the frist day, so you were to bring your own.
They stopped at the park to eat as had been organised, and there were a few who had forgotten to bring some.
Nick being the nice guy he is, reminded them gently that it had been stated on their paperwork, but he would take them into town to the local shopping centre to buy some if they liked, then come back, so they could eat with their friends in the park.

Of course my grandmother was part of this group, so they drove the 5 minutes or so into town, and Nick told them to buy whatever they wanted, then come back here, so they could return to the rest of the group.

15 minutes later, everyone had returned, except, you guessed it - my grandmother.

Nick went for a walk into the centre looking for her, while the others stood next to the coach waiting.

He found her sitting at a table at Michels Patisserie having coffee and a piece of cake. He asked why she was sitting here, instead of getting take away and coming back to the coach as she was told, and she got very agressive in telling him that no one told her what to do, she pleased herself, and she was going to finish her coffee.

Nick had to go back and tell the others what was going on, meaning they had to stand around and eat theirs. This put them further behind.

Strangely no one was very friendly to her after that, which she couldn't understand.

Once they got home she called Dad to report on the trip, pointing out how rude Nick had been, and stuck up everyone else was. For her part my father abused her for causing all the trouble, which she didn't like. But it didn't make any difference. She doesn't see that it's her causing all the trouble by being such a b!tch.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 19-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #50
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FEATHERS, your grandmother was brought up in the Depression years, 1930's, old habits die hard. The really knew how to recycle in those days.!!
Old 19-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #51
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

OLD FART HERE, YOU BLOODY CRETINS

When I shop I like to enjoy the experience......

If the aisle is empty I will put my trolley to the left, hang onto the handle and then look for items on the right.

When I get to the end of the aisle and I want to turn left, I look to the right while turning left.

If an aisle is empty except for one person, I will put my trolley next to theirs and look at things on the opposite side.

I often forget to take my glasses with me, and as you know the cheaper items are on the lower shelves, so I have to bend down to look at the items, then I have to back up to the other side so that the writing on the products come into focus.

And you want to know the best part?

I can chat up the young chicks at the checkout, you know, the 30 and 40 years olds
Old 19-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #52
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
FEATHERS, your grandmother was brought up in the Depression years, 1930's, old habits die hard. The really knew how to recycle in those days.!!
Yeah I realise that, but there's recycling, and then there's just being tight.

She married into money, and her husband provided everything she wanted.

Her accountant has told her that she won't live long enough to spend her money.
Dad has told her that even if she had no money, HE would pay her bills for her.
$10 a week on food is just silly. Even for an 84 year old woman, there is no way that is enough food. You only have to look at her to know she's not eating enough.
No, she won't go into a nursing home or have meals provided for her, thats below her, in her mind, so there's no point suggesting it, and there is NO WAY IN HELL we will have her at our place, or we'd strangle her, after about 2 days.

Then there is also the fact that she is just a rude, self centred, condescending ИИИИИ.

She called up here today to talk to my mum, and still managed to abuse me for being "stupid" when I disagreed with her.

I'm sick of just taking it all, and not biting back, so she'd better watch out from now on, because I'm not going to put up with it.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 19-02-2006, 07:15 PM   #53
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav
OLD FART HERE, YOU BLOODY CRETINS

When I shop I like to enjoy the experience......

If the aisle is empty I will put my trolley to the left, hang onto the handle and then look for items on the right.

When I get to the end of the aisle and I want to turn left, I look to the right while turning left.

If an aisle is empty except for one person, I will put my trolley next to theirs and look at things on the opposite side.

I often forget to take my glasses with me, and as you know the cheaper items are on the lower shelves, so I have to bend down to look at the items, then I have to back up to the other side so that the writing on the products come into focus.

And you want to know the best part?

I can chat up the young chicks at the checkout, you know, the 30 and 40 years olds
Young D!ckhead here.....

When I drive I like to go really fast and drop burnouts and yell abuse at other drivers. I like to have my stereo up at 200db and be as noisy as possible at 2am and if you don't like my choice in music, tuff titties.
I have had many people tell me I am anti social and a cretin but I don't care because I am the most important person in the world, I know everything and the whole world is here just for me.

And you know the best part?
One day I might realise that I was a d!ckhead and am actually part of a modern society and maybe try to make this a better place for EVERYONE not just me.......
Old 19-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #54
aimzes
...fairly odd

my grandmother used to get all dressed up and head to some of the most expensive parts of sydney. she would then buy heaps of expensive clothes and because she looked like a wealthy elderly woman the stores would happily accept her bad cheques. the police visited her frequently.

a young couple moved into the house across the road from her. when they went out with there little kids she would get into there backyard and start doing there washing. whilst they didnt really mind having someone doing the washing they just didnt feel comfortable with someone they didnt know coming onto there property and going through there personal things. the police visited her frequently.

i think she went away for a few months after that.
Old 19-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #55
Falchoon

I don't have "old fart" problems at my local supermarket, the opposite in fact! It starts off with the mums that go shopping with their tribe of uncontrolled brats that want every lolly and toy in the place. The mums just let the brats run wild, no effort at discipline whatsoever, the word "no" is not in their vocabulary. The brats are screaming and running around, touching, playing, eating everything they can possibly get their grubby little mits on. Mum will leave the trolley in the middle of the aisle while she wanders around seemingly in a daze while she trys to work out what it was she actually came to the supermarket to do. Haven't they heard of a shopping list? You know, where you write down on a bit of paper what itis you want to buy before you go shopping?

Then there's the "wrong wayers". My way of thinking is you enter the shop from one end and work your way aisle by aisle to the other side and finally to the checkout. Not some people. They seem to just pick aisles at random and often just meander up and down, usually not keeping to the left. And flying around blind corners without thinking there could be someone else coming the other way, and then they have the hide to glare at you when you have a near miss collision because of their ignorance/arrogance.

Then it's checkout time. The usually young checkout chick (though there seems to be an increasing amount of male checkout blokes). First of all they ask you if you want bags. No thanks, I'll put the full trolley load in my left pocket, of course I want it in bags. Then they start scanning and packing the items. I try and put the items on the conveyer checkout belt in the order I think they should be packed in, with like items together ie frozen food together. The checkout chick/bloke (I try to avoid the blokes as they are usually a lot slower) has different ideas, preferring instead to put the fresh food in with the toilet cleaner and the 2lt Milk on top of the bananas or toilet rolls.

The nonsense doesn't stop when you leave the checkout. You then have to negotiate the carpark. I usually park away from other cars so as to try and avoid damage to my pride and joy by some inconsiderate clown opening their door into mine or worse reversing (or driving forward!) into it. The next wave of mums and brats are now lapping the carpark (some of the same ones as well from when I first arrived at the shops are still lapping trying to find a car space no more than 2m from front door). They drive their Land Bruisers and Terrortorys like they drive their shopping trolleys, no skill, consideration or acknowledgement for other motorists or pedestrians, though the pedestrians mostly have themselves to blame as they wander all over the carpark like it is their god given right and how dare a motor vehicle or indeed another person want to impose.
Old 19-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #56
max^power
Formerly au^ute

That is a classic post Falchoon! So true it hurts.
Old 19-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #57
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Yeah I realise that, but there's recycling, and then there's just being tight.

She married into money, and her husband provided everything she wanted.

Her accountant has told her that she won't live long enough to spend her money.
Dad has told her that even if she had no money, HE would pay her bills for her.
$10 a week on food is just silly. Even for an 84 year old woman, there is no way that is enough food. You only have to look at her to know she's not eating enough.
No, she won't go into a nursing home or have meals provided for her, thats below her, in her mind, so there's no point suggesting it, and there is NO WAY IN HELL we will have her at our place, or we'd strangle her, after about 2 days.

Then there is also the fact that she is just a rude, self centred, condescending ИИИИИ.

She called up here today to talk to my mum, and still managed to abuse me for being "stupid" when I disagreed with her.

I'm sick of just taking it all, and not biting back, so she'd better watch out from now on, because I'm not going to put up with it.
You're better off not biting your tongue and give as good as you get. Even if you initially held off for the sake of her will, it's also likely that she'll live alot longer than you expect just to p!ss everyone off. That or not leave money to her family as she appears to not like anyone.
Either way, it's not acceptable for your grandma to treat people like she does
and maybe if more people don't tolerate it she might at least tone it down.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 19-02-2006, 08:37 PM   #58
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchoon
Then it's checkout time. The usually young checkout chick (though there seems to be an increasing amount of male checkout blokes). First of all they ask you if you want bags. No thanks, I'll put the full trolley load in my left pocket, of course I want it in bags.
Some people dont want bags and they crack a hissy fit if you give them a bag. Than there's the moron who watches you put the item/s in a bag than says 'no bag thanks'. Than you ask someone if they want a bag and they say no, you finish processing the item and they say could I have a bag.
I worked in a bottle shop and the amount of idiots that come in, makes you not know what to ask them.
Old 19-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #59
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
and my absolute favorite, pays in blocks of $30 to maximize their petrol discount, a whole 4c per litre off.
We took it on ourselves to ban this. We made customers go back into the store to buy another $30 block, we refused to sell in $30 blocks. Worked a treat...

Old 19-02-2006, 09:17 PM   #60
XLS99 Ute man
Who Loves Mountain Women

i work at a fruit shop and boy o boy!
i think i chucked out about EIGHT quaters of watermelon cause the little kids drive there fingers into the plastic to make holes throughout it!
and the parents watch and pretend they saw nothing!

Also, when i was kid i used to do the same thing!

XLS Falcon Ute
Full Sick 2.5 Inch -> To Double 3 Inch Tips Exhaust Sports System
18 Inch Bling Bling Rims
Altezza Tail Bling Bling Lights
Kenwood Head Deck + Amps + Bling Bling Sub
Bright Orange BLING BLING Fordforums.com Sticker

OOoooohh Yeah! Bling Bling
Closed Thread