Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-01-2009, 01:34 AM   #31
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Also know of some people doing up a house in Eltham that had been the local shonky doctor that was also an illegal abortionist. Whilst renovating the laundry area of the old house they found a skeleton encased in the wall cavity. Very hasty bog up, told no one and sold the property soon after. Still there as far as I know.

That's quite disturbing.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #32
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHUTE6
When my parents were renovating their house about 6 years ago, We were having an old extension knocked down and a new extension put up. Whilst ripping up the concrete they found a hole. They dug the dirt out and it was an old Cellar with a fireplace. We restored the cellar and now it holds Mums homemade Jam and bottles of Wine.
Was her homemade jam and wine that bad you had to bury it in the cellar?

Old 05-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #33
mad machs
politically incorrect

Dug up some bits from a B24 that crashed on a beach near where I live, founds lots of .50cal ammo, but the best bits were parts of one of the engines inc a rocker arm, which after a bit of a clean up would most likely go again, just need a Pratt & Whitney twin wasp to put it in.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #34
YoungFordFreak
Yamaha Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Was her homemade jam and wine that bad you had to bury it in the cellar?

ahahahahaha
YoungFordFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #35
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mate of mine was doing demolition work in the late 80's, and found a lovely looking old floral patterned tin. When he opened it , it was jammed chockers with 2o pound notes, enough to saddly buy a brand new Holden 186 Premier.Also know of some people doing up a house in Eltham that had been the local shonky doctor that was also an illegal abortionist. Whilst renovating the laundry area of the old house they found a skeleton encased in the wall cavity. Very hasty bog up, told no one and sold the property soon after. Still there as far as I know.
i would have given that one to the cops! freaky though.. lucky mate with the tin of 20's though :P

best things i've done up is probably Hotwheels cars a few years ago that i probably buried 5 years earlier when i was 12 hehe

Last edited by Fev; 05-01-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #36
IDT
Marko

Five dead cats. One at a time over about a year buried in cardboard boxs around the yard.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:26 AM   #37
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAForce8
Five dead cats. One at a time over about a year buried in cardboard boxs around the yard.
Dead ones eh? What are the odds!?

The only thing I ever dug up was a chunk of clay when I was a kid. For about two years there was this chunk of clay wedged between our pavers and the timber of the step. Whenenver I got the inclination I would grab a stick and try to get that bugger out. The day finally came when I did get it out, then it hopped away with only 3 legs and a smile on it's Froggy face.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Not me, but one piece of impressive buried treasure is on display at the Darwin Aviation Museum. During one of the Japanese bombing raids a Spitfire was blow up on the runway. Years later they were digging up the runway to resurface it or something and they found the blown up remains of the Spitfire under the runway, with a largely undamaged Rolls Royce Merlin V12 engine from the Spitfire under there. The rocker covers were pretty much stuffed and some bits were squashed but it was in pretty good condition. Most of the rocker gear was intact.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #39
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Was helping friends lay new carpet in their house a few years back. Under the old carpet we found some newspapers in immaculate condition from the day Japan surrendered in WW2. There was also one with the headline "HITLER DEAD". Very interesting stuff. They got the articles laminated.

Oo\===/oO

Last edited by Peuty; 06-01-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #40
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Was helping friends lay new carpet in their house a few years back. Under the old carpet we found some newspapers in immaculate condition from the day Japan surrendered in WW2. There was also one with the headline "HITLER DEAD". Very interesting stuff. They got the articles laminated.
would be very interested to see copies of them Peuty if you can

ill pm my e-mail addy to you if you prefer

my grandfather was in the german army around that time and any sort of news print we can get hold of from around that time and the months/year after would be great

thanks in advance

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #41
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yeah no worries Jason, problem is I am an Brisbane and the house is about 4 hours away, but when I am there next I will get some copies.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #42
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Yeah no worries Jason, problem is I am an Brisbane and the house is about 4 hours away, but when I am there next I will get some copies.
thanks mate

i have a really big interest about that era trying to work out what my grandfather went through

and btw he defected to the U.S and from what we can tell he was a part in the bringing down of the Germans

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #43
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

Quote:
Mate of mine was doing demolition work in the late 80's, and found a lovely looking old floral patterned tin. When he opened it , it was jammed chockers with 2o pound notes, enough to saddly buy a brand new Holden 186 Premier.Also know of some people doing up a house in Eltham that had been the local shonky doctor that was also an illegal abortionist. Whilst renovating the laundry area of the old house they found a skeleton encased in the wall cavity. Very hasty bog up, told no one and sold the property soon after. Still there as far as I know.

i live in eltham....where is this place :
TEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 01:48 AM   #44
IDT
Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Dead ones eh? What are the odds!?

To much detail for you? : :
Old 08-01-2009, 03:47 AM   #45
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

On my parents property there is an old converted church from around the 1900's. When I was about 10 years old I was pulling up some floor boards for a cubby I was making. Under the boards I found an old jar with it's lid on. I opened the jar and would you believe there was a contraception diaphragm inside. At the time I didn't know what it was so I asked the old man, he said 'go ask your mum'.
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #46
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats kinda weird... secret teenage love affair in the cubby? lol
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #47
zyweik

my girlfriends parents were digging up an old brick retaining wall and found a metal framed bed behind it buried in the hill..
zyweik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post