Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #31
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
I still dont know what to do, i want more power, i dont want to have to pull the whole LPG set up out.
i dont want to turbo, cant bring my self to flog off 10G's for that!

i will get extractors.

so you dont think that a uni chip wont work while running lpg?
The Unichip will alter your timing, but the LPG is controlled by its own control unit and wont be under the control of the unichip for fuel mapping etc.

A chiptorque XEDE chip might be the better option, as that controls your transmission as well, gives firmer shifting and better response, as well as doing everything the unichip does.

Im not sure what the Edit will be capable of, that might warrant some investigation also.

I can understand your hesitation with a turbo, and can also understand your hesitation in ripping out the LPG system.

The extractors will give some gain, but only up to the flow rate for your intake system including gas setup. The extractors certainly wont hurt matters.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #32
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Ok then you are probably right...I may have got my facts mixed up I admit if I may be incorrect.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #33
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

sourbastard: i am also waiting to see what the Au edit will do for me!

till then, i guess i will just deal with having a slow car!

thanks
rob
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2005, 04:04 PM   #34
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Either way, if your going to work it NA its not going to be a rocketship. Get a nice exhaust, extractor and intake setup to make it sound nice to match the looks then leave it.

It looks great and having a really fast car in Vic is a defect waiting to happen anyway.

PS: get nitrous, it will suit the petrol nicely, you can turn it on and off and it will give you heaps more go without killing your cruising economy. No need to ditch the LPG and benefits like a low boost turbo setup at 1/8th the cost. :
Old 06-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #35
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well when the time comes, i'll be looking at a DEV3HL setup, or Streetfighter, with some other goodies, like a chip and the right diff, and maybe underdrives, if they become available. Aiming for around high 140s, to 160. And a mid 14 second time.

I'll be happy then, should be able to blow a few cars.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:26 PM   #36
sfr rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Well when the time comes, i'll be looking at a DEV3HL setup, or Streetfighter, with some other goodies, like a chip and the right diff, and maybe underdrives, if they become available. Aiming for around high 140s, to 160. And a mid 14 second time.

I'll be happy then, should be able to blow a few cars.

Dan has me thinking!

I seem to "blow" other cars though! my car just aint quick enough!!!
Old 06-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #37
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I'll be avoiding underdrives (I cant see them benifitting the I6 like the V8 IMHO) and the edit is still way too untried for my likings.

Rob, if your serious about going faster there are other options than "more power". Hi Stall and a set of 3.9's in the **** will certainly get you boogying off the line. With LPG who cares about economy, its cheap as anyhow.
I think people often froget that there is more to going fast then mega HP, a good match of driveline components can be just as effective. I'm looking at a 14.xx pass in a heavy auto I6 with an untouched engine that can be driven every day. If I get 3.9's I expect closer to 14.7's. How many unopened I6 autos can claim that? Easy to do though, just do your homework.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #38
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My EB wasnt opened :P

Gears and stall will make it feel faster too. Useless seems pretty happy with his upgrades.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #39
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
My EB wasnt opened :P
right up to when it went "POP" Turbo unopened is not quite the same :

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Gears and stall will make it feel faster too. Useless seems pretty happy with his upgrades.
Maybe one day it will get to the track so we can see what it really does.. I find G-Tech info to be a bit dodgy at the best of times.

Old 06-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #40
sfr rob

yeah those blokes ( casper, useless, jonbays ) seem to be leading the way in the N/A modding lately!

its a shame though, that everything has to come down to $$, and i cant see my self puring more of them into this car.
All i want it POWER at a reasonable price.

thanks for all the replies guys, its very helpful!

cheers
rob
Old 06-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #41
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
yeah those blokes ( casper, useless, jonbays ) seem to be leading the way in the N/A modding lately!

its a shame though, that everything has to come down to $$, and i cant see my self puring more of them into this car.
All i want it POWER at a reasonable price.

thanks for all the replies guys, its very helpful!

cheers
rob
Dont forget what Mark did to Hamo's car. He did all this a year ago, paved the way for a lot of us.

Old 06-11-2005, 04:52 PM   #42
sfr rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Dont forget what Mark did to Hamo's car. He did all this a year ago, paved the way for a lot of us.

sorry to be so ignorant, what did he do?
Old 06-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #43
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
sorry to be so ignorant, what did he do?
Stall, diff, cam, headwork, another cam, unichip, chiptorque chip (yes both), suspension, shift kit and probably a few other things. Basically everything that could be done to get a I6 auto moving. Low, low 14's were the result. About as good as you can get in an auto I6. (I think a JMM customer car with similar mods did about 14.2, Hamo did something similar with G&D gear in the end).

Old 07-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #44
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Hamo did pave the way for many of us. I still believe a dual exhaust will be awesome on an i6 but no one has done it.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 08-11-2005, 02:00 AM   #45
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Quote:
Dan has me thinking!

I seem to "blow" other cars though! my car just aint quick enough!!!
Yes Our car is never quick enough !!!!!!!!!!!! even if it does 10's then still, :sm_headba never quick enough! we all have the same disease! The need for AU speed!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:40 AM   #46
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeperau
Yes Our car is never quick enough !!!!!!!!!!!! even if it does 10's then still, :sm_headba never quick enough! we all have the same disease! The need for AU speed!
Absolutely!!Ive done everything to my anchor except cylindr head.I am thinking that the feeling for speed is just not in my mind.It never seems quick enough.However those who have driven my car ,smile and this is pretty good. I must admit though ..the fun part is having the ability/power to overtake and get out of danger.Despite my mods I like driving slow.I must be getting old ? It is an exciting car but with increased power comes responsibility. Power without respect can become a killer.

I think we all expect a state of euphoria from speed.Personally I enjoy massive low down torque..that gives me a thrill.Some people arenty happy until they get a great timeslip..but for me ..ill take that massive low downacceleration anyday.You can feel it when it throws you into the seat and you lunge forward..
Also I have taken up my first love kung fu for thrills and spills. I highly recommend wing chun kung fu to anyone.

Last edited by Stav; 08-11-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #47
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
...... I still believe a dual exhaust will be awesome on an i6 but no one has done it.
No one has done it because on an AU sedan it simply wont fit..The fuel tank is in the way.