Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Closed Thread

Old 28-05-2005, 10:02 PM   #31
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Mark they work well on a leafsprung rear end.Maybe u guys should look into it.
we had a conversation with someone around 4 weeks ago about buying around 10 sets, we worked out a way to get a big discount....we would need around 10 BA or AU utes to make it work and keep cost's down....

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 28-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #32
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
mark, your on something mate, those things wont go on a leaf sprung car.......
Chris yes they do mate. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 28-05-2005, 10:06 PM   #33
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
mark, your on something mate, those things wont go on a leaf sprung car.......
there Distributed from W.A.
Caltracs Traction Enhancement Kit. Are you tired of false promises from suspension shops? Have you spent alot of money with one that promises the world but their product does not deliver? The revolution in leaf spring traction enhancement is here. This is the product the chassis shops don't want you to know about! Why spend $4000 plus dollars cutting up your pride and joy installing a 4 link kit, back half chassis, new floor, wheel tubs etc etc making your car undriveable except for the straight line action. CalTracs give the same end results and bolt in for most applications. How fast do you want to go? 8 second quarter mile times are no problem. The more power you throw at CalTracs the more efficient they are. Why? Because CalTracs alter the pushing angles on your rear planting your tyres harder to the track and CalTracs are not power limited. Full suspension geometry is retained.

CalTracs are fully adjustable to suit the track conditions, allows instant centre adjustments to improve your vehicles weight transfer advantage (this is where the system is the same as a 4 link), stops leaf spring wrap up & axle tramp, improves 60ft times in most cases. Make your vehicle launch like a cut snake. Applications- Drag racing, Circuit racing, Targa racing, Street (check complience in your state), Towing, 4WD. Want more info on this revolutionary product- email us for an info pack, check out our ad's in Just Parts & Extreme, check out our site or call during normal business hours.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 28-05-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Old 28-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #34
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol i ran a 1.311 60 ft with stock leaf springs and stock shocks and stock front springs in my full bodied XF ute.. with a pair of 80 dollar VPW tramp rods... Why didnt they have these back then. nice....

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 28-05-2005, 10:26 PM   #35
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
lol i ran a 1.311 60 ft with stock leaf springs and stock shocks and stock front springs in my full bodied XF ute.. with a pair of 80 dollar VPW tramp rods... Why didnt they have these back then. nice....
They did but only the wise new about them : Hey Simon what diff gears are u running in the BA.I want to get some good times in for the Heathcotte drag day. py:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 28-05-2005, 10:29 PM   #36
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Chris yes they do mate. :

The ones in the pictures will not go on a leaf sprung car alex, they are a 4 link setup that will require removing the leaves entirely.

The tramp rods i made cost me $15. on a low car it wont make a difference.
Old 28-05-2005, 10:31 PM   #37
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
The ones in the pictures will not go on a leaf sprung car alex, they are a 4 link setup that will require removing the leaves entirely.
Hi Chris, thats from Caltracs website thats how they work..
link here: http://www.sjperformance.com.au/Caltracs.html

Last edited by SpoolMan; 28-05-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 28-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #38
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Hi Chris, thats from Caltracs website thats how they work..
link here: http://www.sjperformance.com.au/Caltracs.html
Yeah, I can read.

I dont know what a caltrac is, but I know what a tramp rod is......
Old 28-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #39
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
They did but only the wise new about them : Hey Simon what diff gears are u running in the BA.I want to get some good times in for the Heathcotte drag day. py:
Simon is running 4.10's.
Old 28-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #40
SpoolMan

Quote:
Yeah, I can read.

I dont know what a caltrac is, but I know what a tramp rod is......
i think there is confusion.
i never seen what was on SLYXR8 ute, he tried tramp rods, not caltracs...
we have 2 different things..i think we were on the same track now..

Old 28-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #41
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
me????? im using the stock gears mate. 3.45

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 28-05-2005, 10:53 PM   #42
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Simon is running 4.10's.
Yer cheeky *****.. siff im using 4.1.. STOCK AS A ROCK FOR ME!

Old 29-05-2005, 12:31 AM   #43
Chris
AFF.com.au

haha lol
Old 29-05-2005, 03:19 PM   #44
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Yer cheeky *****.. siff im using 4.1.. STOCK AS A ROCK FOR ME!
U sure there stock mate as i have had a look at some of the timeslips and you guys seem to be lacking a lot of top end.You guys seem to get a good 1/8 mile figure then it seems the car dies in the *** up top.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 29-05-2005, 03:30 PM   #45
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
U sure there stock mate as i have had a look at some of the timeslips and you guys seem to be lacking a lot of top end.You guys seem to get a good 1/8 mile figure then it seems the car dies in the *** up top.
you cant be serious alex, I would never try and say my car or any car had stock gears if it didnt. Mine and mats are both stock. Mats doesnt have alot MPH (106.8)(It has run a 108)as he has FACTORY HEADERS and CATS. Mine did 107.8 and i lifted off the gas(im sure you all know why), i believe that pass was a 12 with 110 + MPH(But lets not speculate), believe it or not it doesnt matter. When my car gets there it wont pussy foot around, it will get right back to where it was and run a 12 if it doesnt break any rear end components.

No diff gears here mate, like isaid all stock.

Old 29-05-2005, 07:31 PM   #46
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
you cant be serious alex, I would never try and say my car or any car had stock gears if it didnt. Mine and mats are both stock. Mats doesnt have alot MPH (106.8)(It has run a 108)as he has FACTORY HEADERS and CATS. Mine did 107.8 and i lifted off the gas(im sure you all know why), i believe that pass was a 12 with 110 + MPH(But lets not speculate), believe it or not it doesnt matter. When my car gets there it wont pussy foot around, it will get right back to where it was and run a 12 if it doesnt break any rear end components.

No diff gears here mate, like isaid all stock.
I am just interested to see how u guys run good 60 foot : times.As i stated i want to find out a few things so i can prepare a few things on my car for Heathcotte. :baby bott
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 29-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #47
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
I am just interested to see how u guys run good 60 foot : times.As i stated i want to find out a few things so i can prepare a few things on my car for Heathcotte. :baby bott

hey alex want good 60ft times mate l think it's time that you see the light and see that there is a far much better tuning product on the market and then you might see your times tumble
Old 29-05-2005, 07:36 PM   #48
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

ORSM was up at heathcote today and Chris ran a 13.4 in the ute can't wait till friday night now
Old 29-05-2005, 07:37 PM   #49
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hey alex want good 60ft times mate l think it's time that you see the light and see that there is a far much better tuning product on the market and then you might see your times tumble
whats your best 60 foot on what tyres??
Old 29-05-2005, 07:42 PM   #50
rodderz

Jeff, you have got a 1.90 60' on the standard Dunlop 17's SP3000's, and you had no aftermarket tune

Alex has always said he drives off the line without a clutch drop to save his driveline, yet still runs 13.3's or so with between 2.10-2.20 60 footers. I've done a 2.04 on the dunlops early on before the mods, need to get that into the perfect run though
Old 29-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #51
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

from memory Jeff it was 2.029 when ran the 13.36 and that was with a idle launch
Old 29-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #52
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
ORSM was up at heathcote today and Chris ran a 13.4 in the ute can't wait till friday night now
and backed it up straight after with another 13.4
Old 29-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #53
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
lol mate untill i see a true street tyred BOSS in the 12's and even a MPH to match myself i'll wait. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 29-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #54
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
lol mate untill i see a true street tyred BOSS in the 12's and even a MPH to match myself i'll wait. :
what do you call real street alex

You took long enought to bite buddy (DOH must use different brand of bait next time) LOL
Old 29-05-2005, 07:52 PM   #55
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think an edit is going to help Alex hugely with his 60 footers. He just drives it off the line. To better his 60 footers he is going to have to work on his takeoffs. He may well ET better and get a better mph, and even a slightly better 60 foot with the edit but there is more to be gained in technique.

Last edited by XA-Coupe; 29-05-2005 at 07:53 PM.
Old 29-05-2005, 07:53 PM   #56
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
I don't think an edit is going to help Alex hugely with his 60 footers. He just drives it off the line. To better his 60 footers he is going to have to work on his takeoffs. He may well ET better and get a better mph, and even a slightly better 60 foot but there is more to be gained in technique.
lt's ok Jeff only reving Alex up LOL
Old 29-05-2005, 07:54 PM   #57
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bastard.. give me some warning so I don't go off on a tangent and look silly(er)
Old 29-05-2005, 07:54 PM   #58
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
I don't think an edit is going to help Alex hugely with his 60 footers. He just drives it off the line. To better his 60 footers he is going to have to work on his takeoffs. He may well ET better and get a better mph, and even a slightly better 60 foot with the edit but there is more to be gained in technique.
Jeff i need an auto.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 29-05-2005, 07:56 PM   #59
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
bastard.. give me some warning so I don't go off on a tangent and look silly(er)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............. .............l got both of you HaHa
Old 29-05-2005, 07:56 PM   #60
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
lt's ok Jeff only reving Alex up LOL
Make sure u don't rev to hard :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Closed Thread