Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #31
fast gt

thanks i will try that its to late to go to the vet now but ill get it tomorrow im going to put a radio in her room cause it seems she can sleep with noise
also i put blankets on her door to drown out some of the noise
fast gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #32
snortycorty

When we had our pups (border collie x kelpie) we got two, couldn't resist! They had each other to play with. But one of the pups did start to whine at night. They slept right at the door to the lounge and I found that if i left the light on and turned it off in the middle of the night when i got up to go to the loo the pup was fine ans she wouldnt whine.

By the way nice choice of pup, those lil buggers are pretty damn smart!
snortycorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 10:01 AM   #33
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
If you ever decide that you don't want it, I could take it off you hands!

If your after a kelpie cross pup PM me ;)

I have 3 little girls that need good homes that apreciate the fact that they need exercise...... is the reason I still have them at 3months ..... cant find suitable homes as yet.

They have a dash of cattle dog in them but thats only a dash..... only a little colour really..... they are about 3/4 red Kelpie :newangel:
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 10:15 AM   #34
EA2BA
PM me if you want

When we got our lab at 8weeks old, kept her in the laundry for the first few weeks and got up to take her to the toilet then straight back inside to bed, she whinned a bit for now reason but we ignored her, she soon learnt the rules, you whine outside toilet then straight back to bed, she was pretty well toilet trained from the start too, only a few accidents to report. She now sleep outside and is 6 months old, just got spayed as well.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #35
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't know if it has been mentioned as yet but what you can try is for the first week have her next to you on the floor , then the following week move her to the end of the bed, the third week just outside the bed room door and so on until she gets used to the place and being on her own.

Worked well with our boxer pup. Now the big mutt is going onto 13 years old and the bond that he has with us is strong........... except when there is a ***** around of course. Only then he manages to find the strut he had earlier on in life and it's "see ya later dad".
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #36
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

hmmm our pup only cried when we left the house now he sleeps in the laundry, the only prob we have now is that he still ****es when he gets really excited like if hasn't seen someone in ages, showered my mums legs the other day lol, its kinda scary cause hes like 10 months old or something
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:04 AM   #37
fast gt

Thanks everyone for your advise. Lastnight she slept till 430 and only woke up cause she had to go to the toilet, them she woke up at 530 cause i think the sun goes through the window and wakes her up cause she doesnt think its night any more, so im going to put a blanket over the window. Get this lastnight my house mate stepped on her head i saw im do it i went off he said it was an accident but im not so sure
fast gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 10:03 AM   #38
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hot water bottle and an old clock that ticks. It's missing its mother. Will think the clock is her heartbeat and the heat her warmth.
No child should be abandoned at that age.
As it gets older it will grow away from it and probably chew them.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #39
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_R
Hot water bottle and an old clock that ticks. It's missing its mother. Will think the clock is her heartbeat and the heat her warmth.
No child should be abandoned at that age.
As it gets older it will grow away from it and probably chew them.
Dr. Phill!!!
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #40
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhgill
We got a puppy a fortnight ago, she whined all night for 3-4 days but every night she get's better and now she's quiet all night. The first few days you think it'll never stop. Just ingore her and by the end of the week your puppy will be much quieter.

We left Keira in the Laundy for a week now she's outside in her kennel.
did the same thing and have to agree
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post