Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #31
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: NSW: No more rego stickers from today!

well from what i read here it sounds like more people will be forgetting to pay thier rego now , meaning heaps more uninsured accidents and running from the scene of an accident . great !
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #32
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
well from what i read here it sounds like more people will be forgetting to pay thier rego now , meaning heaps more uninsured accidents and running from the scene of an accident . great !

no, it is just more evidence that people like to whinge for the sake of it, and many don't like change.

as mentioned, no sticker is needed to remind people to renew licences, insurance, utility bills etc etc. suddenly rego is the same but apparently its different??

seriously....
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #33
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
if they can't remember something like this or put something in place to remind them maybe they are lacking in adequate intelligence to be allowed to control a motor vehicle. after all driving requires constant presence of mind to remain safe

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #34
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Edit: Forget about it.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #35
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally when I get a letter in the mail I do the following:
-open it
-read it
-take in the information
-renew the damn thing when it's due

They send these in the mail a month before its due (which is plenty of time). Failing that I'm sure you can get emails to remind you.

We are all big boys here and love our cars, so surely remembering to renew our privilege the drive them on the road can be done without having a sticker waving in our faces all year round. Imagine having stickers for everything you had to remind throughout our daily lives
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #36
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post
Apparently in WA it saves $2M a year in sticker printing. It's anybody's guess how much revenue it added in fines. I've nearly missed my rego twice, once because I put the bill down and it got covered up with other stuff (my fault, I know, but at least the sticker was a constant reminder), and the second time because I never received the "first and final" notice.

For me, it would be better to have them, but you can't argue with a government determined to save some money that they can waste somewhere else.
What a load of bunkum, it doesnt save the WA government anything, the price of the sticker would be included in the renewal cost. The govt just say this to justify it.

I'd rather pay an extra 50c or dollar to get a sticker. More and more people are getting caught with expired rego and because it's not an infringeable offence, get summonsed to go to court, thereby clogging up the courts and costing more money.

Plus no rego, no insurance, so if you do miss it and have a prang, you're not covered. What if you want to borrow a car, how do you know if it's licensed, or take it for a test drive, there's no sticker to tell you.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #37
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
I'd rather pay an extra 50c or dollar to get a sticker.
So go to office works and get one made for $1...

Quote:
Plus no rego, no insurance, so if you do miss it and have a prang, you're not covered. What if you want to borrow a car, how do you know if it's licensed, or take it for a test drive, there's no sticker to tell you.
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/myrta/rego...ion-check.html

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-01-2013, 12:45 AM   #38
AusJas

For sale, one box of 50 rego label holders, very cheap.....lol

2007 Territory Turbo Ghia
AusJas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #39
CosmicGT
Super-Charged Club

For those with an iPhone this is a must have:

"Download the official NSW Rego app for iPhone today
NSW Rego is the official, free, NSW Government app helping you securely renew your vehicle registration on your iPhone. Additional app features include a free registration check tool, a handy registration renewal reminder service and a search function to help you find your nearest eSafety Check station. Renewing your rego has never been so easy.

App features:

Vehicle registration renewal – enter the billing number on your NSW Certificate of Registration to securely renew your vehicle’s registration.
Free registration check – enter the plate number of any NSW registered vehicle to view registration status.
Registration renewal reminder – set a reminder for when your next NSW vehicle registration renewal is due.
eSafety Check station search – find your nearest e-Safety Check station using GPS (for a vehicle safety inspection)."
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/apps/index.html
Suspension: Shockworks Coilovers
Tuner: CV Performance 411rwkw BP98
CosmicGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #40
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

i forgot to do my licence last year
drove around for a whole week
got to work and there was a note on the timeclock card
licence and high risk machinery licence check

opps!
clocked back off and told them id be back in 2 hrs
rang the misses and had to nip down to motor reg

lucky
wouldve been in serious ***** if pulled over
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #41
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

this is really bad news
i always forget to stick mine on the windscreen

now I will forget to forget :(

oh my gawd, luckily i am in melbourne, where sanity prevails
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #42
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I don't see a negative to this at all. You get a letter to renew simple. You don't have the hassle of peeling off stickers and putting on new ones, on bikes and trailer you don't need to get the toolkit out to take rego holder out and replace with new rego label etc. Win-win-win.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #43
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

The only issue I can see is longer times spent on the side of the road during RBT's etc lol. Driving my brothers car with SMOKES number plates they always check the rego sticker to see if the plates are real before going back to their cars for another rego check.

Other than that I have no problems with no stickers.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #44
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Don't know about other states but in Qld the rego sticker displays you vin/chass number. Well I guess people will just have to take peoples word for it, when they ask if it's a GT or not.LOL
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #45
strobe

I'd like to know how often the forgetful people check their stickers currently? Is it a once a month thing/weekly/hourly? Can't say I've ever looked at mine, other than to stick it on in the first place.
strobe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #46
No.6

dammit. I now have residue in the shape of the sticker left on the window. WILL IT NEVER DISAPPEAR!!!???
No.6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #47
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

To all those that are confused please have a read of the following copied straight from the NSW RTA website

•All vehicles in NSW must have current registration.
•Registration renewal certificates will still be sent as a reminder to renew registration.
•NSW Police can check vehicle registration anytime by using on-the-spot camera technology.
•You can check the registration status of a vehicle anytime by completing a Free registration check online.

The main issue most would have is in knowing when rego renewal is due (or how much rego a prospective vehicle purchase may have). Owners will still be sent a renewal notice through the post (I am assuming exactly the same as we do atm, minus the sticker.) This is in addition to the multiple green slip notices I also recieve. I have a few cars with different insurance providors which always makes rego time that much more interesting.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #48
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What a load of bunkum, it doesnt save the WA government anything, the price of the sticker would be included in the renewal cost. The govt just say this to justify it.

I'd rather pay an extra 50c or dollar to get a sticker. More and more people are getting caught with expired rego and because it's not an infringeable offence, get summonsed to go to court, thereby clogging up the courts and costing more money.

If you are worried about test driving a car or taking a friend’s car. In Vic they send you out the rego sticker a month and a half before your Rego is due. A person could put the new sticker on the car and drive it unregistered. You basically cop the same punishment if the sticker is on the car or not. It is easy enough to call the RTA and do a rego check on the car, Or even go online and do this before the test drive.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #49
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe View Post
I'd like to know how often the forgetful people check their stickers currently? Is it a once a month thing/weekly/hourly? Can't say I've ever looked at mine, other than to stick it on in the first place.
i look at mine everytime i clean out the spare room
i have many pristine, mint collector items spread over 6 cars - maybe i should put them on ebay

when vic do this, i will no longer risk a fine - a winning situation if ever there was
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #50
graham_h
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FYI my wife was threatened with a fine for not having a rego sticker displayed today in NSW
Seems the police have no idea about the "law" they're enforcing.
graham_h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #51
james22
With da Warlords

Quote:
Actually.. The RMS stated they would still send out reminder notices... Just not Rego stickers

So you will still get a notice from the RMS like usual every year... PAY NOW

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post