Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2006, 10:37 PM   #31
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag top
Get all the neighbours to invite themselves to the party.

Sounds like the parents didn't mind the extra guests last time, so a few more this time would not hurt.

The older the guests, the "more likely" the party will end early.

So true......

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 16-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #32
jim1606
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
My parents live in a quiet street, my grandmother lives in the same street a few houses down, and 2 houses down from my parents is a family that have two daughters. Reasonable enough people but they can be a bit ridiculous.

I've found out that the eldest daughter is having her 21st birthday at their place in about 2 weeks time. Now this in itself wouldnt be a problem, except for the fact that I know exactly how the party will turn out.

To give you an idea - at her 18th birthday, approximately 50 were invited, about 400 turned up, police were called 3 times by us and at least once more by others in the street, they started at 7pm Friday night and didnt stop until 6am Saturday morning, and the street was basically trashed. Not exactly something we want to happen again.

I'm pretty damn annoyed about the fact that they are basically going to do it all over again without giving a damn - my nan is the best part of 80 years old, and there are numerous othe residents of the street who are sick/getting on a bit/have young kids etc, all of whom will basically get no sleep for the entire night and a yard full of crap for the privelige. I don't see why we should have to put up with this.

I'm wondering now what can be done about it - Im not talking pranks or damage to property etc, Im talking leigitmate action that can be taken to make sure these morons give us a bit of peace. I know for a fact that there will be a lot of underage drinking going on at the party - in fact, the reason they are having it at their house instead of a licensed venue is so they can do it and get away with it. Im sure there will be a bloody loud stereo, and the worst bit - plenty of moron teenage girls screaming their heads off at 1am.

So, does anybody have any suggestions about what we can do? I do intend to "tip off" the police and tell them there will be grog and underage kids there, but I don't really think that will have much of an effect. And trying to reason with the parents of the family is not an option - they're brainless and will probably end up just as drunk as everybody else there.

Be grateful for any help with this one! :
LOL we are the people you are talkin about we had a party for my sister 21st and the police got called, infact so were the paramedics because somone passed out i hold my head in shame for being relate to my family . But you have to let the party go ahead and think of it as a good thing, think if you ever wanna poarty then they cant exactly say no.
Old 16-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #33
NA XR6
!!

Mind your own buisness and leave them alone
Old 16-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #34
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hhhmmm...old jungle saying....do unto others lest it be done to you!!!!!!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 16-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #35
landau5.8

honestly, what sort of society do we live in when people cannot have a party and the do gooders kick up a stink. How often do they have these parties? Give it a rest. People that whinge and carry on like you should be taken aside and smacked. The world we live in has enough issues to worry about without you carrying on. If they had a party every night then fair enough, I would back you up but fair go. We all work, pay taxes and try to survive. Give it a rest.
Old 16-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #36
b2tf
not here much anymore

Ok to everybody who has said butt out or let em go, Ill put up this offer. YOU come stay at the place after working all day Friday, see how many hours sleep you get and see how you feel the next morning.

You wanna talk about do gooders - have some damn consideration for your nieghbours. I'd hate to live next to any of you.