Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #31
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Sad to hear. Hope your mate has a speedy recovery J.C
Old 03-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #32
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
i'm only 17, and did indeed get beaten the crap out of if i even back chatted, as a result i have a lot of respect for people, these tossers have grown up with parents who are split up or too busy working to take any care of their kids.

also being in the cotton wrapped society we live in today doesnt help..
Oh come on mate. Single parents are out working double shifts just to feed thier children with prices these days.

It's not respect for people because you had the crap belted out of you, it's the fear you have of it happening again, and they hold it over you and every other suker that believes the only way to teach someone a lesson is to belt the crap through them. :

I'm not saying what they did is OK, i'd like to see him be run over for what he did, but the fact is, we can't jut fix something up by going out and belting the crap through it. Although, it's the only way we know how, and most people aren't interested in learning a new way of doing it, you all take pleasure in seeing someones father lose it and belt the through them because they stayed out 30mins longer last night? Give me a break!

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #33
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not to that extreme, a belt across the backside never hurt anyone and it taught a lot of people never to do it again because of the fear of having a sore bottom for hours, obviously you can't do that as they get older, you need to deal with them in different ways, not physically hurt them, but find out other ways to teach them a lesson.
btw that wasn't a dig at single parents, just saying that most the time whether they are married or separated, if you don't punish your kids for things they do wrong (not coming in 30 mins late from a night out, thats just ridiculous) then it'll just happen again and the boundaries will keep being pushed.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #34
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

I get that, but how many parents get "carried" away and before you know you have kids in hospital with broken limbs and worse. I can say the above guy should "endure" the hard end of the law but you have to draw the line somewhere, my parents and grandparents have been doing foster care/child care for many years (Grandparents just retired after 23 years) and the number of children of under 8 years coming in with broken bones, is unbelieveable.

I agree that hand across the backside didn't do any harm, but the belt is always extreame, it's like a lashing, and that was used as law punishment and here we are saying lets use it on our kids. I believe alot of parents are doing as much as they can, but I think it's the law makers that are letting them down. How many kids would steal/smok/drink if they knew they get alot worse then a warning from the police? Then how wel you get treated in jail/jurvi.

19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet

Old 03-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #35
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess their is no point confronting people in these types of situations these days, you never know what some nut jobs are capable of doing. They obviously couldn't care less about anyone besides themselves in the first place, let alone when an irate resident comes out to confront them about what they are doing. Best to leave it to the police to deal with.

Hopefully your mate makes a full recovery.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #36
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Damn that's a really cowardly thing to do . Looks like the hoons will be burning a different kind of rubber behind bars... Hope they enjoy it.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #37
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.J.Tuddy
I get that, but how many parents get "carried" away and before you know you have kids in hospital with broken limbs and worse. I can say the above guy should "endure" the hard end of the law but you have to draw the line somewhere, my parents and grandparents have been doing foster care/child care for many years (Grandparents just retired after 23 years) and the number of children of under 8 years coming in with broken bones, is unbelieveable.

I agree that hand across the backside didn't do any harm, but the belt is always extreame, it's like a lashing, and that was used as law punishment and here we are saying lets use it on our kids. I believe alot of parents are doing as much as they can, but I think it's the law makers that are letting them down. How many kids would steal/smok/drink if they knew they get alot worse then a warning from the police? Then how wel you get treated in jail/jurvi.
I'm sorry mate, but that kind of attitude is what started, and is continuing the whole problem. People are too worried (to the point of being insane) about the kids welfare. People talk about smacking their kids to teach them discipline, and you talk about people breaking bones? Being "thrashed" after coming home 30 minutes late? Come on mate, you are jumping WAY to far ahead.

I understand that physical abuse happens and it is wrong. But that is clearly NOT the sort of discipline being talked about here. The justice system isn't helping the problem either.

It shouldn't be up to the courts to punish the kids after the attack (I refuse to call it an accident). It's too late for the poor guy who has been run over, it doesn't help him does it?

As for the strap, sure its a bit extreme and I wouldn't use it. But every person over 40 I have spoken to was either hit by it, or knows someone who was. You can't tell me that the majority of the baby boomers are messed up because they were given the strap? Not to mention generation after generation before them.

You can worry about the kids all you want mate and how they shouldnt be "belted". I'll be thinking of the poor bugger in hospital, and his family.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #38
Dezza
Parts bin special

Absolutely disgraceful. It's bad enough when hoons accidentally run over people, but to deliberately run someone over just because they're trying to stand up for their neighbourhood is just ridiculous. Hope those tools are caught and have the book thrown at them. People like this give motoring enthusiasts a bad name. btw hope your mate gets better soon.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #39
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
As for the strap, sure its a bit extreme and I wouldn't use it. But every person over 40 I have spoken to was either hit by it, or knows someone who was. You can't tell me that the majority of the baby boomers are messed up because they were given the strap? Not to mention generation after generation before them.

You can worry about the kids all you want mate and how they shouldnt be "belted". I'll be thinking of the poor bugger in hospital, and his family.
I was belted a lot when I was younger. It was for things like swearing at my mother, fighting with my brothers, taking money from their wallets, getting caught drinking under age... I really think it was a good thing. At the time I thought the worst about my father, and how one day I will beat him up like he did me. But years on, now, I thank him so much. Those stupid things I did when I was younger now don't even come up in my mind at all.

If I was asked to be disciplined in any way, it would be the belt. Its been proven and done, and is going to be done by me to my kids if they get way out of hand.
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #40
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Sort 'em out I say, the old fashioned way, forget the cops cause they really can't do much unless they have some kind of proof although I'm sure they could get them for hooning at the very least.

The trouble with these kids is that they are coming out of the "can't touch me generation" where they are told from as young as 4 that no one is allowed to physically punish them no matter what they do, biggest problem is they keep this mentality all the way to and through adulthood. It's time they were taught that they are no longer minors and that if they do something stupid from here on in that they might just get a shock to see what the real world is about.

I remember years ago a truckie got bashed by some morons in a road rage incident and put into a coma, long story short a few of the drivers got together and from info from witnesses found the blokes responsible and had a quiet word or two with them, let's just say they got there point across.

Times are getting more and more towards the need for vigilante style retribution, I mean I read in the local paper that a guy got stabbed a few weeks ago by some punk kids that had been throwing rocks at some ducks, he yelled out to them to stop and they stabbed him for his efforts. If we keep letting them get away with it then it will only get worse, I know that many don't agree with these views (well not publicly anyway) but this needs to be done, every garden needs a little weeding from time to time.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #41
GCPursuitPower
AUII XR8

I agree totally the bottom line falls with the parents to scared to disipline the little $hits when they step out of line. Again when somebody gets hurt by some joker nothing happens in the way of punishment it is a total joke. Society is going down hill fast.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #42
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

I am very sorry to read of your mates injuries. My brother in law was attacked then run over in an attack a few years ago in front of his house which left him brain damaged and in a coma for 3 months, I hope your mate is luckier than my bro in law.

Hopefully these tossers are caught by police and charged to the full extent, if not, i am guessing you have their rego's and descriptions... it may pay to buy some new sporting gear, mainly baseball related, and have a chat to them one evening.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #43
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
It's time they were taught that they are no longer minors and that if they do something stupid from here on in that they might just get a shock to see what the real world is about.
The problem with this is that the kids have no idea of boundaries. If they haven't been punished in the past for doing something wrong, they will keep going until they do. As a little kid this isn't too much of a problem, maybe swearing or pinching some lollies or something.

But as young adults, the boundaries that they push are so much larger in scope. They haven't been taught respect and proper behaviour as young ones, so they do stupid irresponsible burnouts/racing, endangering lives. But since they have no respect, they have no idea they are doing something wrong. I mean they know its illegal, but they can't or don't think of the consequences, becuase they haven't needed to in the past.

They drive away and nothing happens, so they do it again. Until some poor bugger comes out and tries to get rid of them, so they run him over!

It's only at this point, where someone has been seriously hurt, do they start to understand the concept of consequences. The cops arrest them, and if they are really unlucky they will get a proper jail sentence. They may be rehabilitated, they will never do it again. They have learnt their lesson. Woohoo.

But it's too late for the father of 5 who is now potentially permanently disabled or worse, and a whole family distraughted. If they had been taught about consequences properly at a young age, maybe this wouldn't have happened. You do this with enough families, and I bet there would be less problematic youth.

And by consequences, I mean REAL consequences. Smacking. Not reasoning with them, not depriving them of lollies or special "treats". The real world doesn't not let you get a plasma TV if you get a speeding fine. No, they fine you and take from you.

If you are really bad they send you to prison, not discuss it in the courts and say sorry and thats it because you have "learnt your lesson". If he hits his brother, he should get smacked and made to say sorry, not explain to him why it was wrong because he may not understand anyway. It's training for growing up and being in the real world.

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Old 03-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #44
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Read the first line of that second paragraph, you have taken it out of context, read the second paragraph again.

When they're kids they get told off, but that's about it they don't have any kind of physical/real consequence to there actions.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #45
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

I read about that in the Townsville Bulletin the other day.
Shocking, just shocking.

No respect, thats what it comes down to.
No respect for the laws, and no respect for other members of the public.

Cheers

Darran

Last edited by Dazza TT; 03-04-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Dazza TT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #46
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Read the first line of that second paragraph, you have taken it out of context, read the second paragraph again.

When they're kids they get told off, but that's about it they don't have any kind of physical/real consequence to there actions.
Sorry mate, I didn't mean to sound like I was disagreeing with you/taking you out of context. If anything I agree with you. I was just explaining my opinion using that as a starting point. No offence meant mate.

175.6 rwkw

Old 03-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #47
Wally
XP Coupe

Sad to read that happended to your borther J.C. I nearly had the same happen to me about a year ago. They first tried to veer into me, then enmass decided they would beat me for having the audacity to spoil their fun. Fortunately my street savy son came out of the house and let it be known they would be pursued individually by unsavoury types if they proceeded.

I must say I'm getting a bit fed up with the media and childless adults trying to blame parents for indolent youth. As a parent you soon realise that you are dealt a hand and if lucky have reasonable children, otherwise a long sentence of trying to mitigate recalcitrant misbehaviour. When I see a thug, I don't blame the parents, I blame the thug for making antisocial choices.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #48
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandrsxr6
Sorry to hear about your mate, hopefully he can make a full recovery.

The current generation of 18-19year olds all have a massive chip on there shoulder. They can't be told what to do, they will learn the hard way, that is the only way to get through to them.
I see idiotic things from every generation not just a certain age.

That's terrible what they done to your friend, I hope he recovers and those idiots get justice served. Ran him over? That's pretty much around the level of manslaughter, but no these idiots will just get a slap on the wrist and loss of license and just continue to get away with this crap.

The worlds gotten soft and idiots like this take advantage of it, especially ethnic gangs who get away with anything because white man is afraid of being called a racist, it's stupid.

I really hope your mate recovers fine, it's good there's no brain damage. It really sucks that there's morons out there and it's only going to get worse.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #49
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe the parents that are too soft on their kids remember what it was like to be beaten when they were kids.
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #50
trburnard
Landau: Coming Soon

it appears that this form of violence, which is mildly tagged as Road Rage but is in fact attempted murder in my books is more common than I had imagined. 14 days ago in a quiet country town about 1 1/4 hrs north of Adelaide a driver deliberately ran down one of my best mates outside his home. He has suffered multiple fractures to the scull a broken C4 vert. his right arm is paralysed (there is still debate as to whether it should be amputated) his right leg is not functioning. He has injuries to his internal organs (not sure of the extent as I'm still over seas on a mine site) and a fractured rib cage. Thankfully they managed to save his eyesight.

The driver was known to my friend was unlicenced, under the influence, unregistered, unroadworthy and unhinged as far as I am concerned.

A year and a half ago I was deliberately knocked off my GSXR 1300 in a road rage incident and high sided my bike narrowly missing a telephone pole at 60 kph.

I believe that the use of a motor vehicle in any deliberate attack should be considered as serious as firing a weapon at someone. I am no lawyer or legislator and I would welcome feedback but the number of these stories seems to be increasing exponentially. The sooner legislators and the judiciary increase the severity for these crimes the sooner we will see some response.

J.C's incident may have been drag racing hoons but this is not restricted to 18 year olds....many of whom are well balanced and on the whole make rational decisions. My friend and my own experience were both at the hands of 35+ year olds which seems to suggest that uncontrolled aggression and the utilisation of a 2 tonne bullet is the real problem.

This issue is quickly becoming my soap box now and it is something we should all be justifiably outraged over. All the best to this latest victim.

Regards

1973 Landau (Original 22000 mile survivor)
trburnard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #51
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

How many people out there that are 35+ still getting into bar fights etc and how many are sitting in our jails? You can't tell me the media just hasn't taken weasel approach and said, oh, kids are an easy target, lets make kids of today out to be the worst bunch of people ever. Of course, everyone swallows it, hook, line and sinker!

Yes, 0-10/12 a smack across the backside is fine, after that, it's useless, they just move out and claim assult by you and get housed by the goverment, if a child is so bad that they need the belt, then something went wrong with your parenting when they were 0-10 years of age. If 0-10 they are so bad, then maybe you should be seeking professional advice.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #52
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.J.Tuddy
How many people out there that are 35+ still getting into bar fights etc and how many are sitting in our jails? You can't tell me the media just hasn't taken weasel approach and said, oh, kids are an easy target, lets make kids of today out to be the worst bunch of people ever. Of course, everyone swallows it, hook, line and sinker!

Yes, 0-10/12 a smack across the backside is fine, after that, it's useless, they just move out and claim assult by you and get housed by the goverment, if a child is so bad that they need the belt, then something went wrong with your parenting when they were 0-10 years of age. If 0-10 they are so bad, then maybe you should be seeking professional advice.
You need to stop reading books/swallowing the usual opposing line on the subject. Theres truth in it, but its not the absolute truth. I got belted on the odd occasion into my teens when I needed it, to say it didnt help would be wrong.

The problem is all these one size fits all solutions. Smack little ones but dont smack older ones , blame the parents, blame the kids, they are just opposite sides of the same dysfunctional coin. None are appropriate, yet all may be depending on the circumstances.

As for age as a factor in blame, society has been in decline for the last 100 years, just at a faster rate as we go on. Like most stereotypes, they are usually based on a truth, but are still stereotypes so cant be applied uniformly. Again, another example where one size fits all is an overly simplistic approach.

Last edited by fmc351; 03-04-2008 at 06:52 PM.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #53
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

This is really disgusting behaviour. I dont think you can blame the younger generation for this (I'm only 20 and would never even think of doing anything like that). It's just a cowards act and people like that should have their licenses revoked for their entire life. That would definately teach them a lesson.

80 series Turbo Diesel Cruiser
Falcon4L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #54
hypnodoc
Its All In Your Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
You guys might disagree, but the fact we can't punish kids the way we used to really annoys me. I used to get beaten the crap outta me by my parents, and i can tell you, thank god for that. Too many spoilt brats roaming our world today, mostly parents fault imo
:
This is unacceptable, a decent persons life ruined, and these smart pricks will get a little time with brick wallpaper and that will be it, you get more time for diddling the tax dept of a few grand than what you do for GBH or serious assult. I 100% agree with you mCOBRAr. My sister is one of the idiot psychiatrists who 10 years ago helped to propagate the UN inititave don't smack your kids and equal rights for minors and nurture not nature nonsense that western social and justice systems have adopted. Looks where it's got us. Although I am one I have to say this is what happens when you give academics a say in the real world
Badly need conscription or the Rotan for acts like this and chemical drugs. I'm all for rights and stopping childhood violence, but there are far to many disrespecfull 14-25 year olds getting away with all manner of unacceptable behaviours. Still it's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better me thinks. A good slap around the ears or kick up the ar$e when deserved never hurt anybody :evil3:

Xtreme Tuned: 375 RwKw (502 RwHp) & 820 Nm:
Whhooooooosssssssshhhhhh
HSV HUNTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA Phoons 013 and 333 Gone
hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #55
hypnodoc
Its All In Your Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon4L
This is really disgusting behaviour. I dont think you can blame the younger generation for this (I'm only 20 and would never even think of doing anything like that). It's just a cowards act and people like that should have their licenses revoked for their entire life. That would definately teach them a lesson.
Oh yes wouldn't they take notice of that. People like that should berstrung up in public and flogged, then they should have broken bottles ground into their exposed flesh and have acid thrown into the wounds. That might make them think next time. Sorry in cases like this IMHO it should be 2 eyes for an eye. : :

Xtreme Tuned: 375 RwKw (502 RwHp) & 820 Nm:
Whhooooooosssssssshhhhhh
HSV HUNTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA Phoons 013 and 333 Gone
hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #56
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The thread is about the poor bloke who was run down, there is another thread debating parenting, leave it out of here, this deserves to stay on topic and open.

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....4&page=1&pp=25
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #57
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any updates on the victim and have the scumbags been caught J.C.?
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #58
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to hear about your mat J.C

i hope that he makes a full recovery

and those little bastards get what is coming to them

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #59
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If i just got out of a coma and found out that they went unpunished, i'd be out for revenge. First thing i would do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:17 PM   #60
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just gotten off the phone. Still no improvement, just bruising of the brain. They are going to keep him in a coma til Monday then reveiw.
He went back to mowing his yard after he told them to move on, hence he wouldn't have heard it coming I imagine.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post