Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #31
Scott

For the record - 1st car 1966 HR Holden - every car from then has been the apple of my, um, driveway. I've said it plenty of times before, my best car was my AUII Pursuit. I bought the GT-P partly for stature (I use it daily as my business vehicle) and mostly for the love of driving it. TS if that grinds anyone.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #32
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
3) The need for a victim: the man who builds up tremendous anger in his stressful daily office grind to pay for his new Boxter will want to take it out on random victims on the road - whom he feels are scum that should get out of his way. He will be further infuriated to see that he is the least happy person around.[
thats me. :

OUT OF MY WAY A$$HOLES!!!
:jab: :evilking: :jab:
Old 20-03-2006, 02:18 AM   #33
namecrap

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Elitist, anti-elitist, whateva. It seems that no matter what we believe its human nature to want to be better than the next person. What your definition of "better" is, is a personal thing, hence the elitism or from some points of view anti-elitism and even middle of the road (ie I'm better coz I don't get into that crap). This is what makes us so successful as a species. Were all different, but fundamentally we try to be better than EVERYONE around us - even if we think we don't. I wouldn't have it any other way. Funnily enough by making the statement in your head "that idiot is elitist" your partaking in being elitist yourself, ie, placing judgement, and thinking your better - human nature people, human nature - embrace it for what it is.

Delta
the "human nature" argument ИИИИs me...its used to excuse every ИИИИty thing people do to each other....is it human nature to build gas chambers?
how a human behaives is totally dependent on the society and culture he is placed in - If the basic needs of man can be satisfied only by knocking the other fellow down, then we can assume that human beings will knock each other down; but if the basic needs of man can be better satisfied by cooperation, then it is also safe to assume that human beings will cooperate.
that we r becoming more and more selfish is not natural, its a reaction to economic insecurity(among other things)

that we all "want to be better than the next person" is a dodgy statement - define "better" for a start...I assume you r refering to some kind of status - we want higher status......what gives status in modern society?

marx said "The ruling ideas of society are the ideas of the ruling class"
who r the ruling class and what r their ideas - ruling class: bussiness people, ruling ideas: to be a sucessful (small) business person makes u the man!...

I see no harm in thinking yourself superior, we all know someone we consider inferior to us.....the important part is why we think this...there is some sort of status system within every group and subgroup of society....establish your own criteria for judging peoples worth, dont think in the way we r programmed to (ie dont be a pop culture mass media marketing stooge)

modern western society is in my opinion in decline and this can be seen buy how and why people buy certain cars..

that said I did used to find it fun to crush BMW driving posers egos in my 81 model corolla (not stock - turbo 4AGE) - go spend another $150,000 on your peice of ИИИИ then u might have a chance...
namecrap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 02:58 AM   #34
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
Bucknaked - There's no need to patronise these poor little E Series owners. Elitism should not be bantered around in an open thread such as this, it should only be discussed by FPV owners in the comfort of our exclusive FPV Owners Resort, under a palm tree with nice young lady Commodore drivers fanning us as we think up new ways to make every E Series owner feel less than he or she may be.

I think this thread is a little to literal.
Mate,

$3.50? cmon.. An average E series depreciates a lot less than your new money guzzling machine.

Id love to be there in a few years when you trade your car in for 20k less than what you paid. Just to say SUCK ИИИИ
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #35
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Default Assumption

Delta,

pix?

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #36
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTDEF
bah... just bear in mind this..

BA Vs Modded E series
30k+ Vs 11k and a bloody good car
stock boredom Vs nothing but fun
Debt for 5 years and worries about insurance and serviceing Vs drive it, fix a head for $150, change a cam with 3 spanners and a zip tie.
Having a car that just works Vs wasting every weekend under the bonnet cutting your hands and getting greasy trying to fix the latest ИИИИ up......priceless ;)
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 12:17 PM   #37
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTDEF
Mate,

$3.50? cmon.. An average E series depreciates a lot less than your new money guzzling machine.

Id love to be there in a few years when you trade your car in for 20k less than what you paid. Just to say SUCK ИИИИ
Atleast in a few years car dealers will still accept accept an FPV as a trade in! :
BTW - what will an Engineer be driving when he has finished his studies?
Old 20-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #38
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Atleast in a few years car dealers will still accept accept an FPV as a trade in! :
A very nice E-series. With everything i want in a car
:

@ SPHELL...

Quote:
Says it all........
- XB Coupe Project
Old 20-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #39
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha i knew you'd pick up on that :P I was just having a dig at u hehe.

Ur right, an e-series modded is fun as....which is why I want another one soon....as a second car to the reliable BA tho ;)
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 02:10 PM   #40
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
Elitism is only a problem if you let it be.

Capping it off, too many people worry about stuff that's just irrelevant.
Two sentences that say more than many pages could attempt to. Very well said.

Last edited by 4.9 EF Futura; 20-03-2006 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Because i wasnt finished yet!
4.9 EF Futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 02:10 PM   #41
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reliability owns modded unreliable E series.

You will realise that soon as well BOOSTDEF. Turbo falcons are a drainer.

Turbo AU's are no different either :P

In fact anything that is turbo that shouldnt be is a pain in the ИИИИ.
Old 20-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #42
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
haha i knew you'd pick up on that :P I was just having a dig at u hehe.

Ur right, an e-series modded is fun as....which is why I want another one soon....as a second car to the reliable BA tho ;)

hehe fair enough. Ive got a runaround car for when the e series is getting work done. Too bad its a ИИИИty old XF on gas :P Hasn't left me stranded yet though(touches wood)... A BA would be nice to crooz around in though... (oh the aircon)..

@Dan, what fun is turboing a stock motor without pistons flying and head gaskets shattering?? Seriously :P:P:P :
- XB Coupe Project
Old 20-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #43
Scott

Allright, allright, nuff of the funny stuff. On a serious note, when do E Series become classics anyway?
Old 20-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #44
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

A lot of people enjoy that side of it tho... ureliable, yes - but presents quite a challenge. Anyone who is boosting an unboosted car would no doubt be aware of this... it's all part of the challenge.. all part of the fun.

I personally couldnt bring myself to start cutting holes in, and bolting stuff onto, a $30k car. But a $10k e-series... where's my holesaw?? That's not elitism - thats common bloody sense lol.
Old 20-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #45
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

aahh they already are :P:P

When you see them in the 9s with stock bottom ends over 10 years old, thats classic enough
- XB Coupe Project
Old 20-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #46
Scott

Ya know, there's probably a debate on the Holden forums right now with a V Series owner telling another V Series owner just how crap V Series is.
Old 20-03-2006, 03:48 PM   #47
Gunns
Banned

We all know the Eseries Drunks are the most elite and you all want to be like us! :
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #48
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
A red 1997 EL Fairmont..

Just a guess
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 01:33 AM   #49
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty:
5.0 owners have bagged 4.0 owners

I usualy can't hear their abuse, they're usual too far behind
ROFLMAO!!!!! ah, i cant breathe, that was great!

Quote:
Debt for 5 years and worries about insurance and serviceing Vs drive it, fix a head for $150, change a cam with 3 spanners and a zip tie.
you use a zip tie? luxury! 3 sockets+extension+1/2" ratchet and half an hour and im done!!

Quote:
Having a car that just works Vs wasting every weekend under the bonnet cutting your hands and getting greasy trying to fix the latest ИИИИ up......priceless
my car has never been on a tilt tray, bar getting the exhaust fitted after i fitted the turbo, still factory head gasket @ 206,000km, last 8000 turboed, still stock computer and injectors! E-series are the old hotness!

and the reason i posted all the above? IM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA AAAAAAAAHHH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA AAAAAAAAHHH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH HOHOHHOHOHHOHOHOH heh heh heh....ahhhh....*cough*
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 02:39 AM   #50
delta
Turbo TQE Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by namecrap

that we all "want to be better than the next person" is a dodgy statement - define "better" for a start...I assume you r refering to some kind of status - we want higher status......what gives status in modern society?
And you assume wrong - what I'm saying is that how you define "better" is up to you, so embrace your wanting to be "better" what ever that is.
delta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 07:09 AM   #51
dsergiu
Starter Motor

and since we're all talking about elitism and tongue and cheek poking fun and being elitists (re: why fpv owners are better etc...)

why is it that we are all so glad to continue bagging commodores in this very thread, in a not so joking manner? (although i myself find it amusing but true every time). Is this not an even more true example of elitism which is the very reason for this forum to exist?

Why i bet most people in this forum who have a car that goes (and is a FORD) feel better than the more than 50% of losers who chose a commodore.

Theres some food for the mind.
dsergiu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #52
Bipolar
I'm back. Same car.

I thought Falcons being better than Commodores was just fact! But that doesn't make me feel superior to Commonwhore drivers.

We're all born naked...

Last edited by Bipolar; 21-03-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Bipolar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post