Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #31
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8GRL
While I do agree, I think coverage like this and Kylie for example does help get an awareness out there to the public to get checked and look out for cancer and any other diseases/illnesses before it could be too late for one of us.
Agreed. It is about awareness. So many times the cancer is found too late to treat. If it means one person is saved because of the 4 page spread, it was well worth it.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #32
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

a big loss, condolences to rove, family and belindas family. she was a fighter
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #33
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8GRL
While I do agree, I think coverage like this and Kylie for example does help get an awareness out there to the public to get checked and look out for cancer and any other diseases/illnesses before it could be too late for one of us.
I can agree with that, awareness is good. However it shouldn't take famous people getting sick and dying for it to be out there.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #34
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
it shouldn't take famous people getting sick and dying for it to be out there.
Completely agree but thats the nature of the beast unfortunately. It seems that most people are more concerned about the health of their favourite celebrities rather than their own. If using celebrities as examples is what it takes - then thats what it takes.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #35
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
I can agree with that, awareness is good. However it shouldn't take famous people getting sick and dying for it to be out there.
70% of people only believe what they see on TV or read in the papers. Who would know about it if it's not made public.
Her death might get many women who wouldn't go for check ups too get up and do it. Knowing how young she passed it can happen too anyone.
When my father died in 1980 it wasn't a big deal what were the symptoms? and nothing much could be done when you got it because it was too late, As the years have gone on and public celebrity people have passed the awareness is there through there public examples of illness. No matter the illness. Wish they talked more about it 30 years ago like they do now.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:53 PM   #36
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:
It also says to people "If it can happen to a celebrity/famous person then it can just as easily happen to me" kinda thing

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #37
repsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtime25
Same thing happened to my wife. Was diagnosed with cancer on a saturday morning and 3 weeks later was burying her at 45, she also was my soulmate I can only feel for Rove and his pain and loss. Some things just ******* suk. Hope he gets over it, 5 years on and I am still a mess from loosing her and still alone
Mate im in the same row boat also - 3years ago my wife passed away at only age 31, we have a fantastic 8 year old daughter and she gives me strength when i am down,Very sad for him.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #38
a_goulding
holden chic

sad to hear what happened especially on rememberance day.(well anyday for that matter) Everyone that was over was completely shocked. Condolences to the family. May she R.I.P.
a_goulding is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 06:35 AM   #39
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Its tragic when they get taken so young. I feel for rove and for anybody who loses a loved one in such a horrible way.
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #40
Funtime25

repsol I feel for you and glad to read u have a wonderful 8 year old Treasure evrey moment.
Funtime25 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #41
MRAH33
BoostedUTE

RIP Belinda.
MRAH33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #42
Yummy Mummy

Unfortunately you could see how it was taking a toll on her, she looked frailer with each public outing. Her positive attitude and gorgeous spirit only showed she faced her mortality with dignity, and the obvious support and affection given by her husband shows what true love is all about.

The only issue I have with the publicity has been comparing her two year wait before treatment to Kylie's immediate treatment and the obvious outcomes. Whilst it highlights the urgency of treatment, I don't feel publicising this is necessary as it incinuates fault on her part. I have a friend, who through fear waited 5 years to have a lump in her breast investigated. After a lumpectomy and secondary ovarian cancer resulting in a full hysterectomy, she is in full remission and doing beautifully.

RIP Belinda and love and strength to her family and friends.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 04:03 AM   #43
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

I'm a big fan of Rove live and this a such a tragic lost for an Aussie rising comedy King. My Heart goes out to rove and any one else.

As Rove had 3 shows to go he has no plans for the rest of the year.

Breast cancer is the bigeest killers in womans.
But Prostrate cancer is the biggest killers in men and kill twice as many more male the female breast cancer!

Guys get yourself check out cause you don't want to be the next victim.

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #44
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default R.i.p

My condolences.....Such sad news......

They were a good couple, he was always by her side...

Cheers

Simon
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post