Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-08-2005, 01:48 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default Problems to be sorted sooonnnn.....

Well, i didnt want to hijack the thread about the guy wanting a fiesta, so i will list a few problems i have had.... that need to be sorted. Just wondering if other people have the same issue

1. I have an annoying knocking coming from my side of the car.... happens over speed humps and sometimes the slightest bump

2. A whistle sound coming from the wipers i think at about 110kmh when there is wind, sometimes i even heard it at 80kmh with wind. I could also be the antenna.... never thought of that!

3. Car sometimes fails to start the first time, but this only happens sometimes

4. I changed the globes (as it says in the manual) and my right light is misaligned. On setting (0) it isnt high enough, and yesterday i went to Nowra, and at night doing 100kmh around corners with low beam is not so safe... actually scary. I had to travel with highbeam before approaching corners

5. I cannot fit the bloody spare wheel back to where it goes... when i took off the screw, it was bent... what the?!

6. The headlight switch on the dash sometimes doesnt illuminate, sometimes it does, and sometimes it flashes for about 1 minute before going off. I guess thats just faulty wiring.

7. Bonnet Latch sometimes wont open....

8. Dash squeek sometimes there, and sometimes its not (im sure it wont be there when it goes in for a service)

9. The radio.... 96.9 and 104.1 sometimes crackle, even though it doesnt in my parents car.... and it still says on the Deck that it has clear reception. Odd...

Thats about it for me. To me these are all minor though, but they add up. I still love driving my car though. Performance wise its good for what it is, and handling is great. Correct weighting IMO (just had a drive of my cousins Mini Cooper S... WHOA... talk about effort to go around a roundabout!)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post