Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: What is your thought on it?.
Nothing wrong with it. 78 35.14%
Maybe too soon. 37 16.67%
Bad taste. 55 24.77%
South Park have lost the plot. 15 6.76%
Who really cares. 37 16.67%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #31
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
This is not the first time you've made such a claim. Did they seriously get pulled from the air?

I attributed the downfall of full frontal, the D-generation's various shows, comedy company, Jimeon etc on the increasing snobbiness of Australia's sense of humour. Characters of the likes of Uncle Arthur were traded in for the likes of Friends. Kym Gyngell given the flick for Jerry Seinfeld. David Rabbitborough's analysis of the Australian suburbanite was not "cool" enough to retain the channel 10 and channel 7 crowd. No, they'd rather watch another USA sitcom.

If the decision to cease the production of such shows was indeed through fear of litigation, i doubt they would play all of these fantastic Aussie comedy shows on Pay TV.
The Late Show wasn't pulled.

But the point I'm making is that The Late Show couldn't do what they did back then now because some dickheads would watch the show just to find something to complain about.
My view is that if something sucks, don't watch it. Don't ruin it for people with a sense of humour.
The fact that "look at moi" on Kath and Kim is considered to be funny and a "classic" shows just how bad television is now.
Old 31-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #32
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Yep, and exactly why I watch Comedy Inc. The send ups they do of TV personalities is gold! The Johnny Howard one they did on this week had me near in tears with laughter.
Comedy Inc have too much of an agenda.
Notice how they always take the wee out of channel 7 shows?
I can excuse it when they take the wee out of Nikki Webster though.

In fact, all pop princesses should die.
Old 31-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #33
Scott

Why don't they take the**** like everyone else does?
Old 31-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #34
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

when did south park ever do anything that wasnt complete crap ? I have only ever watched about 2 minutes of this trash and thought it was the most uninteresting tripe Ive ever seen ! Steve is a champion bloke and will always be that bloke , no matter how many people try to bring him down! It will simply never happen!

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 31-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #35
b2tf
not here much anymore

South Park is a stupid show but youve gotta except crap like this. I do think it was probably a bit too soon after his death before they did it though.
Old 31-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #36
WOLF
Track Red XY

I wish there was a 24hr South Park channel. To have a sense of homour is a wonderful thing....
Everyone has told a sick joke or two in their lives.....The creators of SP do it every week and boy do they do it well. Steve Irwin is trully immortal, a cartoon show won't hurt.
Old 31-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #37
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Sure it is maybe a bit too soon, but its not like that South Park are doing something different just to make fun of Steve Irwin. South Park is always like that and if you don't like it, don't watch it.
Old 31-10-2006, 05:29 PM   #38
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Ok, well it would seem that everyone has jumped to quite a big conclusion in saying that the South Park guys are poking fun at Steve Irwin, I'm sure some if not most by now have heard that this years Halloween costumes have a new fave, you guessed it, a kharki shirt with a sting ray barb and fake blood.

So maybe it's possible that by the devil in the sketch saying it's too early, they're actually having a stab at the yanks for there insensitivity in bringing out such a thing so soon, especially after saying to the world, well Oz anyway, how much they loved and respected him.

Just a thought.
Old 31-10-2006, 05:44 PM   #39
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
So maybe it's possible that by the devil in the sketch saying it's too early, they're actually having a stab at the yanks for there insensitivity in bringing out such a thing so soon, especially after saying to the world, well Oz anyway, how much they loved and respected him.

Just a thought.
Lol, the Devil kicking Steve & Stingray out of a party really does show their sensitive side doesn't it!
Old 31-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #40
XRQTR
TBA Customs

You obviously don't recall him also saying that it's a bit too soon to be going to a fancy dress dressed as Irwin, before he realises it's actually him. As for the kicking out it's more like 'well out with the old', highlighting the short attention span with most of them in the US.

South Park is alot like Black Adder and even some Monty Python, if you don't get it you never will. :
Old 31-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #41
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Put the shoe on the other foot.. If an Australian cartoon did this, how would those yanks be reacting????

Absolutely disgusting IMHO
That's a very good point i didnt think of that.

But one thing everyone is over looking is his dead, Most of the send ups well all of the sends ups are of the living, They can give them the bird or laugh at it how ever they take it. I'm sure steves family don't see the light side of it.
Now in Australia we do take the **** out of everyone and everything, But we respect the dead as we always have.

I remember not long ago at how many people were not too happy with all items for sale on ebay cashing in on his name and death.
Old 31-10-2006, 06:58 PM   #42
bencat

bit too soon? you gotta be kidding me, the day he died the jokes were flying thick and fast, same as Brocky, this is Aussie, were the first to take the pi$$..

You want bad taste ? I'm prepared to be flamed for this but the day Brocky died this was the current joke..

What do Peter Brock and Steve Irwin have in common? they were both killed by fishtails...
Old 31-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #43
Scott

Quote:
Ok, well it would seem that everyone has jumped to quite a big conclusion in saying that the South Park guys are poking fun at Steve Irwin,
Of course they were poking fun....someone had to be first! Just how deep do you think Southpark is?

Quote:
You obviously don't recall him also saying that it's a bit too soon to be going to a fancy dress dressed as Irwin, before he realises it's actually him. As for the kicking out it's more like 'well out with the old', highlighting the short attention span with most of them in the US.

South Park is alot like Black Adder and even some Monty Python, if you don't get it you never will. :
I am sure you're right. Those deep feeling writers just used the image of Steve with a Stingray attached to his punctured and bleeding heart to make all of us search deep within ourselves to find a better person that might save a lesbian whale instead of wearing a tasteless costume at Halloween. Or maybe they were just sensationalising their show to make a few bucks with a brand new joke.
Old 31-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #44
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i love the episode. Those creaters are two really screwed up people but they come up with such crap i have to like it. I see nothing wrong with it at all. As Darran said taking the pi*s out of poeple is a part of life.

Oh heres the link of the clip this thread is focused on: http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...eve_Irwin.html
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Old 31-10-2006, 07:47 PM   #45
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Southpark rocks, Its pretty simple if you find it offensive don't watch it they take the p**s out of everyone reguardless of race, ethnicity or the country they live in its not like they are singleing him out in that respect it was always going to happen. On another note who saw the tom cruise in the closet episode, that was effing hilarious.
Old 31-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #46
gozza

mmmmm xanu
Old 31-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #47
Boss 290

i thought it would be bad but after i saw it it wasnt bad at all but it wasnt funny either....i miss steve irwin and it is never funny to poke fun of the dead...if they really wanted him in the clip they could have had him without the stingray...steve was a great man and im not too happy about him being mates with the devil but its all in sick humour and i guess people shouldnt watch if they are offended
Old 31-10-2006, 08:00 PM   #48
Psycho Chicken
Banned

South Park have been ripping on people for years. Now everyone is having a wah cos it's something close to heart (never mind the fact most Aussies couldn't stand Steve Irwin 4 months ago).

Where's Chopper with the harden the ******* up?
Old 31-10-2006, 08:05 PM   #49
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

It wasnt even offensive, so i dont see what the problem was. He died by a stingray didnt he? Its not like they made him out to be anything he wasnt.
Old 31-10-2006, 09:11 PM   #50
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Where's Chopper with the harden the ******* up?
hahaha yeh i love the chopper skits there all great.
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Old 31-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #51
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

I quite like Southpark, a great break from this world where political correctness has gone mad.

Quote:
Ok, well it would seem that everyone has jumped to quite a big conclusion in saying that the South Park guys are poking fun at Steve Irwin, I'm sure some if not most by now have heard that this years Halloween costumes have a new fave, you guessed it, a kharki shirt with a sting ray barb and fake blood.

Just a thought.
I had not heard that until now, and it actually brings a whole new light to it.

When i first heard about Steve in an episode with Satan (on radio or tv or somewhere) i thought "uh oh...here we go again, this might not be pretty".
Until I saw the clip I was of the impression they were making huge fun of him, then i saw the clip and think it is fairly soft.Maybe they are just trying to honor Steve in their own way. The other episode with Steve was fairly tame as well.
But then again maybe they just want to make headlines once more.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 31-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #52
StookEB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura

It's one of those things... you cant cry foul just because they're taking the p*ss out of "one of ours". Look at the hypocrisy around Isaac Hayes and his tizzy fit about the writers taking the p*ss out of his religion. Yet it didnt bother him when they did the mormans, christianity, judaism...

Cheap laughs, i dont see the harm.
I agree with ya mate, some people give a lot of **** to other people but not take it back.
In that actual south park clip they don't seem to actually offend him, IMO anyway.
I don't get american humor to watch south park , it does not make sense to me.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:28 AM   #53
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
Of course they were poking fun....someone had to be first! Just how deep do you think Southpark is?

I am sure you're right. Those deep feeling writers just used the image of Steve with a Stingray attached to his punctured and bleeding heart to make all of us search deep within ourselves to find a better person that might save a lesbian whale instead of wearing a tasteless costume at Halloween. Or maybe they were just sensationalising their show to make a few bucks with a brand new joke.

blah blah friggin blah where do you people come up with this sh1t, South Park hang more manure on the US than any other nation or people, it wasn't meant to be deep so start looking for your lesbian whale :

I wonder how many times you sent and recieved one of the Brock or Irwin sms' and most likely had a chuckle when you read it and then thought it was funny enough to send it on.

I actually wonder just how many people have bothered to even view the clip before commenting.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #54
Scott

XRQTR, you seem confused.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #55
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

I reckon they should make him a full time character,he can replace Kenny..:
Old 01-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #56
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
XRQTR, you seem confused.
How so, please enlighten my confused anus oh ye with the forever burning light of knowledge
Old 01-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #57
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Its south park!, what else can you expect from this show, its very wrong most time, still very funny tho lol!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #58
Scott

Quote:
Ok, well it would seem that everyone has jumped to quite a big conclusion in saying that the South Park guys are poking fun at Steve Irwin,
I still say that putting a guy who has passed away into a cartoon that prides itself on being outrageous is having a laugh at his expense - which I think is their free will and I laughed at the clip. Feel free to think that Irwin was just included by the writers to have a dig at the yanks, I will continue to see it as it was..... a brand new joke, the first of it's kind on relation to Irwin and one that was going to get some attention to the show.

Quote:
So maybe it's possible that by the devil in the sketch saying it's too early, they're actually having a stab at the yanks for there insensitivity in bringing out such a thing so soon,
Uh huh.

It would seem that you might be the only one who has jumped to a "big conclusion".

edit - ok, some more to say.

Last edited by GTP006; 01-11-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #59
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

After XRQTR telling us about the halloween costumes in the US (i had not heard it before he said it) i think it sheds a different light on it. I agreewith him that lots of people may be jumping to conclusions based on their preconceptions about Southpark and what they heard in the media, but how many watched the clip before posting? If i posted before watching it i would have said it is wrong, but having seen it, i dont think it is really poking fun at him.

Just because he died and then appears in Southpark doesnt make it bad. It was hardly "Oh Steve we are so glad you are here, never thought it would be a stingray that would get you all those near misses with crocs, come join the fun, take the stingray out and relax". That would have been a little worse, but still expected from the Southpark boys.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:45 PM   #60
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

Thumbs down

Hanging ***** on people for a laugh which south park is, is very easy.
Easier still if they are deceased.

How does a widow explain this stuff to her children?
Im sadly surprised by the responses here , obviously this is a sign of he current times, laugh at every expense, morality....pfft, that just gets in the way of laughing. We are all gradually be coming desensitised by media, society and the internet.

Some of you lot would get more cut up if someone accidently put a scratch in your cars paintwork, you wouldn't see the funny, south park side if it then.
Closed Thread