Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #31
XAGSV8
Member 178

We Want Pics.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:35 AM   #32
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWXA
We Want Pics.
Of his wife, wifes leg or the bite itself? :hihi:

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:08 AM   #33
gtfpv
GT

update it was a 3 1/2 hour wait but worth it . the doctors say the antibiotics shes on should've kicked in by now but havent . so she is currantly on an antibiotic drip. she may stay in hospital overnight or be discharged tonight or satay a while . not known at this stage .
they said if it gets into the bone or bloodstream could be weeks in hospital . so thanks a million guys. she is in the right place and being treated . didn't realise how serious this could've been , and the sooner the treatment the better. i'm that greatfull for peoples advice that i am lost for words , and shedding a tear . THANKYOU.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:12 AM   #34
i_wear_short-sh
Champ

gud thing ur goin to the hospital!
hope she's gunna b ok!

I got diagnosed wif tonsilitis, turned out it was actually thing called a quinsy and it was a sack of puss growing in my throat thathad me just hours from suffocation! I went 2 the hospital and they fixed me up! but my gp prescribed antibiotics and after i couldn't swollow them or my own sailva anymore i got a bit worried!

So hospital is the way to go!!!

And blue oval that is a sweet signature!
i have a great distaste for Skaifey!
Old 10-10-2006, 11:33 AM   #35
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
update it was a 3 1/2 hour wait but worth it . the doctors say the antibiotics shes on should've kicked in by now but havent . so she is currantly on an antibiotic drip. she may stay in hospital overnight or be discharged tonight or satay a while . not known at this stage .
they said if it gets into the bone or bloodstream could be weeks in hospital . so thanks a million guys. she is in the right place and being treated . didn't realise how serious this could've been , and the sooner the treatment the better. i'm that greatfull for peoples advice that i am lost for words , and shedding a tear . THANKYOU.
Geez, never nice to hear when someone's in hospital but sounds like she's getting the treatment she needs.

Hope all goes smoothly for you two.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #36
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Thats great to hear she is in the right place. You cant be too careful especially when its family. Im happy we were all able to offer some form of advice even though it was minor. Its obviously paid off. Keep us informed.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 10-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #37
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_wear_short-sh
...And blue oval that is a sweet signature!
i have a great distaste for Skaifey!
Cheers mate. I thought it was fitting considering how much Bathurst bashing we have received over the past 7-8 years. :Reverend:

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 10-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #38
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

for christs sake go to Hospital,dont ask group of Ford fans for an opinion, by the time you work it out she well might need an AMPUTATION
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:11 PM   #39
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
for christs sake go to Hospital,dont ask group of Ford fans for an opinion, by the time you work it out she well might need an AMPUTATION
Um she is in hospital now mate. He wasnt going to bother to start with but because we advised him to seek another opinion, he is more grateful for it as the medication he was advised to give her originally isnt working. Not saying we are physicians but he did ask us and we did tell him to seek someone with the expertise to handle such a situation. ;)

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 10-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #40
Miss_XR6

as others have said logic would be if it looks bad go to a doctor/hospital its fine to ask advice on certain things on car forums but not something like this
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 12:05 AM   #41
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_XR6
as others have said logic would be if it looks bad go to a doctor/hospital its fine to ask advice on certain things on car forums but not something like this
the BAR IS THE BAR . there are plenty of threads i dont look at because they dont interest me . there are also some i read and dont reply to ; because they dont interest me . a car forum is generally about cars and related topics . however the admin has allowed some other topics to be discussed on this forum . as they see fit, which allows lots of differant age, sexes , and personalities to have an interest in this forum. the reason i joined this forum is because my wife and i boiught a GT . also because of the work i'm in mechanical engineering which directly relates to my interest in cars . along the way i ask for advice , give advice, and humour,myself here, (lots of varied interesting people) i suggest if you dont like certain topics dont read them , or reply. if you want to dig at people not relating to motoring topics on this forum . i suggest you, check peoples posts 1st and then decide. after almost 2 years here you kind of get to know peoples net character, and find things ion common with people. THE MODERATORS ARE THERE for a reason . to decide wether the forum rules are applied and appropriately used
I FIND PEOPLE DEBATING WETHER CERTAIN TOPICS ARE VALID OR NOT, OR BAGGING PEOPLES SPELLING, is really kind of a waste of typing, it's easier to move on and read another thread . the mods kinda do they're job when it's required around here . and all they have to do is lock a thread/ andor take appropriate action . so cheers
Old 11-10-2006, 12:29 AM   #42
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_XR6

Why not...He posted in the right section and was merely asking for advice. Where here to help one another out, give advice and general support to those that need help.I certainly don't have a problem with it.

Gtfpv....hope the missus get better mate. Keep us informed on how she's going. All the best.

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 12:39 AM   #43
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GT you could get your wife to rub some metal polish on it ?
O' Hang on that was for the GT :
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:02 AM   #44
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
Why not...He posted in the right section and was merely asking for advice. Where here to help one another out, give advice and general support to those that need help.I certainly don't have a problem with it.
And it's a good thing he did start this thread. It allowed members to give some important and good advice (such as take her to hospital and getting a 2nd opinion) I fear they would have just waited for the current anti-biotics to work and I have a feeling that they may have done that if they hadn't have seen concerns from fellow members. Yes we're a car forum but come on, can't we help fellow members with issues other than cars, once in a while or when needed?!! Alot of the members here have made very strong and lasting friendships. We should all be able to help one another regardless of topic.

Gtfpv - I hope your missus is doing ok and that she gets back on track soon without any dramas as a result of this bite.

Krissy.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 AM   #45
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
And it's a good thing he did start this thread. It allowed members to give some important and good advice (such as take her to hospital and getting a 2nd opinion) I fear they would have just waited for the current anti-biotics to work and I have a feeling that they may have done that if they hadn't have seen concerns from fellow members. Yes we're a car forum but come on, can't we help fellow members with issues other than cars, once in a while or when needed?!! Alot of the members here have made very strong and lasting friendships. We should all be able to help one another regardless of topic.

Gtfpv - I hope your missus is doing ok and that she gets back on track soon without any dramas as a result of this bite.

Krissy.

too true. anyhow the hospitals are great , she is an outpatient . she was discharged last night a nurse came to the house at 8 am and gave another antibiotic drip. then again this arvo , and again tomorrow . this will be for 7 days . tomorrow she goes for blood test results which will confirm . what it is ie spider bite or not, it is not spreading fast now but seems to be moving from shin to foot. so i'm glad guys here convinced us to take action this forum did help as i couldnt seem to convince her on my own .
DOC HAD TO LAUGH . may be this might be my chance to convince her that polishing paint with metal polish was wrong by rubbing some of it injto her leg as a comparible crime hahah. she may understand my anguish then . thanks firfox also.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:47 AM   #46
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the BAR IS THE BAR . there are plenty of threads i dont look at because they dont interest me . there are also some i read and dont reply to ; because they dont interest me . a car forum is generally about cars and related topics . however the admin has allowed some other topics to be discussed on this forum . as they see fit, which allows lots of differant age, sexes , and personalities to have an interest in this forum. the reason i joined this forum is because my wife and i boiught a GT . also because of the work i'm in mechanical engineering which directly relates to my interest in cars . along the way i ask for advice , give advice, and humour,myself here, (lots of varied interesting people) i suggest if you dont like certain topics dont read them , or reply. if you want to dig at people not relating to motoring topics on this forum . i suggest you, check peoples posts 1st and then decide. after almost 2 years here you kind of get to know peoples net character, and find things ion common with people. THE MODERATORS ARE THERE for a reason . to decide wether the forum rules are applied and appropriately used
I FIND PEOPLE DEBATING WETHER CERTAIN TOPICS ARE VALID OR NOT, OR BAGGING PEOPLES SPELLING, is really kind of a waste of typing, it's easier to move on and read another thread . the mods kinda do they're job when it's required around here . and all they have to do is lock a thread/ andor take appropriate action . so cheers
and your point is?
im very glad you woke up and took her to get medical attention, i was not having a go at you but trying to make you hurry up and do whats needed , if you took offence to what i said then too bad at least you went and saw the doctor again so how did my post not help.
,i try to help anyone where ever i can so dont lecture me im not the person sitting on lounge while my wife's leg was turning bad.
cheers Nick
p.s hope your wife gets better soon.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #47
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
and your point is?
im very glad you woke up and took her to get medical attention, i was not having a go at you but trying to make you hurry up and do whats needed , if you took offence to what i said then too bad at least you went and saw the doctor again so how did my post not help.
,i try to help anyone where ever i can so dont lecture me im not the person sitting on lounge while my wife's leg was turning bad.
cheers Nick
p.s hope your wife gets better soon.
I think his gripe was with Miss_XR6 not you, but take it as you like.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #48
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I'm dumbfounded how someone could have their wife's leg swelling up having already showed signs of a spider bite yet pay it off and have to ask for advice. Incase anyone didn't know we've got the most dangerous spiders in the world here.

Group hugs, love and happiness are all well and good, but I fail to see why it was needed to be asked to begin with.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #49
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
she may stay in hospital overnight or be discharged tonight or satay a while .
Sorry, had to pick this out and have a laugh...

Hope your misses gets better soon.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #50
Simmo
White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsy351
Yep see the doc. White Tail spiders can cause similar reactions to this.
yep, sounds exactly like my mates arm after he got bitten by one. the visual effects of the bite can last ages.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #51
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Doesnt spider venom when injected, desolve the flesh internally of its prey?

I think that what I saw on Discovery channel. :P

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 11-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #52
red_hotxr6
Banned

Get her to the doctor, quickly.geez.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #53
Disco1986

see doctor! dont be a cheap ***
Disco1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 09:15 PM   #54
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Doesnt spider venom when injected, desolve the flesh internally of its prey?

I think that what I saw on Discovery channel. :P
Some do some dont,some eat your flesh,some attack your nervous system and some attack your immune system.List goes on about what snakes and spiders can do but you get the drift.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #55
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC 5ltr
Some do some dont,some eat your flesh,some attack your nervous system and some attack your immune system.List goes on about what snakes and spiders can do but you get the drift.
I thought so. Wasn't sure if it was only flesh eating. Still a nasty experience. Thankfully its on the leg and not the heart ala the late Steve Irwin. :

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont