Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #31
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

You can't have all the sport on free to air, there needs to be a mix (sport on free to air and pay tv) or else people will just go off and state how there's to much sport on free to air tv, and no I didn't really go and research this from the two links. Just a quick opinion.
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #32
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There will always be FTA. Can you imagine the Supercheap Auto 1000 only on Foxel/Austar? What would be the point?
I don't see your point. The argument isn't that it, or any other sporting coverage, should not be on pay TV, but rather the FTA networks which have the rights should actually show it as expected.

Quote:
Anyone who has enough money to pay for Foxtel/Austar would not be seen dead in Supercheap, the ricers emporium so what would be the poit of their sponsorship. /scarcasm
I know you said that was sarcasm, but really, I don't see what one has to do with the other. I have foxtel, and I spend money in Supercheap....despite their sponsorship of that particular race team.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 09:18 PM   #33
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

If a FTA channel "reserve" an event, they should be forced to show it. Simple really. If they don't want to/can't show it, them it must be open to all. If by 3 months prior to an event FTA still have a "reserve" on the event, then they must show it or be "fined" say $500,000 for each event. Sounds fair to me....We all get a greater choice then.
Brad.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #34
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And I can't see the sense of pay tv...I would much rather spend that money on my cars or something else.

Pay TV its a ripoff!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #35
EF, What else?
A Bloke

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23214,00.html

Now here is a perfect reason why Free to Air television shouldnt have exclusive rights to Australian sports. Showing an international test on a delayed teleast is an insult to all League fans, and I'm sure the AFL fans up here would agree considering that International Rules games are shown at 11:00pm or something like that.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #36
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

FTA stations are a joke and they have brought the entire situation upon themselves.

The message from the fair go campaign says it all.

"Just show it, or let others show it! "

The legislation states that rights to AFL, NRL , Cricket, Tennis etc can only be purchased by FTA networks. This is the anti-siphoning list. Of these sports which Fox is prohibited from getting the rights to - FTA show 23% of what they could, 16% of it live.

Channel 9 in SA did not show the NRL grand final live. And because they have the rights to it in the Eastern States - Foxtel was not allowed to show it live. I waited around until about 11pm before i could watch it.

And then FTA has the nerve to appeal to me to prevent sports from being siphoned onto Pay TV. Pay TV that i already susbscribe to BECAUSE OF THE FAILURES OF FTA.

What a joke.

I will be contacting my federal MP, Chris Pyne and voicing my support for the Fair Go campaign. FTA and the Save My Sport campaign can go straight to hell.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #37
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
FTA stations are a joke and they have brought the entire situation upon themselves.

The message from the fair go campaign says it all.

"Just show it, or let others show it! "

The legislation states that rights to AFL, NRL , Cricket, Tennis etc can only be purchased by FTA networks. This is the anti-siphoning list. Of these sports which Fox is prohibited from getting the rights to - FTA show 23% of what they could, 16% of it live.

Channel 9 in SA did not show the NRL grand final live. And because they have the rights to it in the Eastern States - Foxtel was not allowed to show it live. I waited around until about 11pm before i could watch it.

And then FTA has the nerve to appeal to me to prevent sports from being siphoned onto Pay TV. Pay TV that i already susbscribe to BECAUSE OF THE FAILURES OF FTA.

What a joke.

I will be contacting my federal MP, Chris Pyne and voicing my support for the Fair Go campaign. FTA and the Save My Sport campaign can go straight to hell.
Well put....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #38
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
There will always be FTA. Can you imagine the Supercheap Auto 1000 only on Foxel/Austar? What would be the point?

Anyone who has enough money to pay for Foxtel/Austar would not be seen dead in Supercheap, the ricers emporium so what would be the poit of their sponsorship. /scarcasm

More simply put:
Sporting events have sponsors.
Those sponsors wish to advertise their products which is why they spend bazillions sponsoring.
If the audience is restricted then the valuse of the sponsorship is diluted and sponsors will withdraw.
The events will fail due to lack of funds.

Putting it even more into simple terms. The only reason why Holden & Ford play V8 supercars is to sell more cars. So if no ones sees the races then Holden & Ford will withdraw.

On the other hand I agree that ALL reality shows should be on pay tv only.......
Hay I shop in supercheap so I can afford Fox !!!! And internet etc...
Yep NO point fta whinging about things when they DON'T show it close to live... The silly programs they have on when its being played sh!ts me no end as well...As said with F1 there was no popular program on at the time, so rattings would have been higher if f1 was closer to live.. Unless they wanted to edit MORE adds in there....
One of the reasons I have Fox is being Ex pat kiwi I like to see the rugby played by the All Blacks when they tour.. Fta wouldn't show these games even late at night!!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post