Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #31
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Liver function is a major part of the keeping cholesterol down too.

Mine is just under 5 now ... was 10 before (I was 5'11" and 70kg ... not overweight at all) ... I am now 85kg and have a lower cholesterol figure ... weird.

walking is a good starting point ... and keep it up ... make sure when you do though that you don't just take a stroll ... it has to be at a decent pace ... enough to break a sweat at least.

I still have to keep taking Lipitor 40mg ... no matter what due to my hereditary condition.

Thinking back now I started taking Zocor 40mg in 1990 when I was 13 ... it took a while to work though ... but I had to be really strict with my diet as well. I was lucky I didn't get the side effects that many other people were getting .... I was changed over to Lipitor in 94 I think it was .... still on the 40mg dosage as it keeps my levels stable.

Now it's 2006 ... I am 29 and I am still taking the stuff. Main thing though it is keeping me healthy. My heart is in better condition than it was ... and my liver is functioning well. I actually feel better healthwise now than I used to in my teens/early 20s.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post